It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thing Caught on Mobile in my Room.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by GideonHM

On the contrary, if fear never enters your mind, and you are fully confident, then your mind never lets itself go to foreign entities. Think of it this way:

If Person A doesn't fear evil, and person B does, which one will the spirit wish to poses? On that has the mental strength to cope with it, or one whop automatically assumes he's screwed? Maybe there are harmful aliens, but why would they bother themselves on us humans? We just found half a dozen habitable worlds around us, so it's not like their in short supply of worlds to colonize. And does a scar ALWAYS mean bad things? Perhaps the implant cured a future cancer growth or disease? No one knows, and until an alien comes on these forums to say otherwise, we never will.

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

First off, I told Sniffer NOT TO PANIC. What you said was that there were NO hostile non-earth entities or spirits anywhere, and that is not something you can EVER confirm! You are thinking in black and white terms, fear or no fear, when honestly, on Earth if someone doesn't consider the possibility of getting hit by a train, and they stand on the tracks, I don't care if they are fearless or not, that train will splatter them. Ignoring possibilities is not fearless, it is IGNORANT, and to not look at the possibility of these 'possible' entities as being anything other than friendly invites danger.

By the way, depending on the types of possible entities involved, being fearless does not confer the level of protection you are convinced it does. You seem religious, so here is a good quote; 'Only fools rush in where angels fear to tread', you should take this to heart, because there are a good many things we are all uncertain as to the true nature of, and assumptions (accepting something as proof or true without confirmation) are foolish and dangerous, and have led to the deaths and suffering of many, many good men and women.

[edit on 4-10-2007 by GideonHM]

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Very true. I can confirm I'd likely be the fool where an angel would fear to be. I do rush into many a situation without being prepared, but always find a way. I think faith in God, or the power of the beyond is enough. I've always feared, but simply mentally took that feeling and killed it's effects on me. In fact, just a while ago, I saw what I thought was a Grey staring straight at me a few nights ago. 5 years ago, I would have run my ass out of there, but this time, I stood my ground, wanting to face the entity without fear , admittedly, I was saying in my mind "lord Jesus watch over and protect me from all evil things of this world and beyond" as fast as light speed, but no, I would not let fear conquer me. I stared straight back at it, and faced it fearlessly... It turned out to be a scare crow

So yea, many things we should fear. but as another quote says, " Fear and pain or just weakness leaving the body". Yes, that kind of attitude is likely to get yourself killed, but so far so good.

[edit on 4-10-2007 by Gorman91]

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by chinabean

A little too confident there ... I think it looks nothing like THAT mask ... it may look like a mask, more so than it looks like the shoulder of a jacket ...

I am not saying what it is, because, i cannot tell from these photos ... a higher quality camera would be nice. a 4 MP should be rather cheap these days. a 9 MP is only $300, so 2-4 should be 50-100. I would say a ghost/alien photo would be worth that much ... just take some time to mess with the shutter speed and iso settings to get a clear shot.

I don't see why people must be so dismissive ... I can understand not believing, and after the summer hoaxes, being a bit tired of it all ... but, don't just post drivel ... add something more than nuh uh ... or it's so obvious ... well, if it is, be descriptive ... speak you peace if you have any ... otherwise, don't clog up threads, here or elsewhere. This is why people stop reading through them and skipping to the end, who wants to read through a thread that is 80% one line denials with no meat or heart to them. Be respectful to the site, the poster, and yourself ... treat someone how YOU would want to be treated.

I have never personally saw something like that, I would lean more towards it being a trick of light, shadow, and objects ... but I am not there. If you could take a picture with the light on, have someone turn the light off, take a picture, then, turn the light back on and take another picture ... that way the time on the exif shows within the same minute ... have your dad sit on the bed if you are understandably nervous. Switch rooms for a few nights and have a camera ready for him to snap shots if he gets the feeling or hears noises. Do what it takes to get to the bottom of it. Either that, of call TAPS to come out ... I wonder if they would travel that far. They take the p.o.v. of debunking something, so, if they found some evidence, you could show it on here and it would be on t.v. ... and then you could tell all of us with doubts how right you were.

I have had experienced a entity ... and it looked nothing like your photos ... I didn't have a camera, but I KNOW what I saw and FELT. The person with me didn't see it, but they believed me, for my heart never beat so hard and they thought it was going to explode ... the thing came up and passed through me, we were outside by some trees in a neighborhood at night taking a walk, looking at stars and enjoying the cool night ... no alcohol, no drugs ...

so I am not one to doubt someone who says they experienced something, but, I feel the proof you are offering at the moment is too easy to be passed off as fabricated ... if it isn't, well, that isn't your fault ... if it is ... well, nice fun, but shame on carrying it out so long. I make no judgment of it or you either way.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by FreeThinkerIdealist

All well and good to say to him to try and get better images and better evidence but he wont go to any lenghts to prove to us that he isnt trying to pull a hoax. Thats the whole reason for the criticism. I think its just because people on ATS are sick and tired of having others post obvious hoaxes on here. I believe everyone should have the right to say what they think on here

By the way good idea on geting TAPS (best ghosthunters ever) out but unfortunantly I doubt they would come this far

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

That is what FreeThinker is trying to say here. Speak your minds whilst adding something of merit. I have read your posts, often they are good, other times mean and lacking in substance. Another point, a lot of the people who post these one liners are just registered and have popped in just to tell someone how stupid their ideas or they are. Why must everyone read a bunch of ignorant prattle when even a basic friendly discussion will do. No one said not to speak their minds, just some people's minds are filled with immature pointless comments.

Look at it like this, I think that second picture of the 'face' in the mirror looks like a latex mask, except for the left eye that strangely seems to have light coming from it (that is my real opinion). Where as others have posted similar things to "I would never believe you ever, how stupid! Its a mask why are you all still here?" Some people actually feel concern for scared people even if their fears are imagined, and spouting hateful, childish, one liners is a waste of time and effort (you actually think I have nothing better to do?).

[edit on 5-10-2007 by GideonHM]

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 09:20 AM
link   

I know some of my comments have been a bit childish and I do apologise for that. If i dont agree with something and the topic is open for discussion I do try and back it up with information of what it could or could not have been. For me there are just too many things that dont add up.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

You know what Gorman? I can sympathize, as when I was young and terrified, I used religion to escape my irrational fears, and it worked to keep me from killing myself or doing something irrational. This does not mean that it was the truth, only an outlet to let me continue to a point where I could make better decisions and come to my own beliefs. Perhaps some time I will talk about telepathy, and some of the very embarrassing problems that can arise from it and how it ties into irrational fears and assumptions (I still feel like a complete idiot for something that happened to me). Accepting your fears and growing because of them is far more important than denying them, and it will keep you alive a lot longer.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Thank you, I really appreciate your honesty, and that is why I chose to not insult you or say something really mean, because I can understand (that second face looks like latex with a post!) where you are coming from, and I would rather not have someone try to fool me with some 29 cent zap gun from the 50's, when I can at least be content with a grainy photo with a good back story. Even I fly off the handle and well, if I can't cut people slack, the moderators will descend upon me like a hive of mutant meat bees! AHHHHHH!

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Thanks.

I totally agree with you. Strange to this that the original poster of this has not been on tonight. I thought if it were such a big deal to him that he would of been gathering some more evidence.

Being as friendly as possible, I would like to know why he doesnt own any type of camera other than the one on his phone? That just seems abit suspect to me. And he also said that his friend was lending him a proper camera but was sending it through the post

A bit wierd in my opinion

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 10:04 AM
link   
My understanding so far is that this occuring in Australia? Just a quick search on Auatralian gun control laws leads me to believe that sniffer does not have a .45 caliber handgun under the pillow or a shotgun. Given that, I would question whether he is even in Australia. I Would agree with the other posts, this is getting way to much attention.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman

Thanks.

I totally agree with you. Strange to this that the original poster of this has not been on tonight. I thought if it were such a big deal to him that he would of been gathering some more evidence.

Being as friendly as possible, I would like to know why he doesnt own any type of camera other than the one on his phone? That just seems abit suspect to me. And he also said that his friend was lending him a proper camera but was sending it through the post

A bit wierd in my opinion

"I totally agree with you. Strange to this that the original poster of this has not been on tonight. I thought if it were such a big deal to him that he would of been gathering some more evidence." -Thats why i havent been on

the phone camera is all i have, i have been taking pictures all night and some during the day, overall i have about 200photos on my computer that im going through spotting anything that might be of intrest.

the video camera im recieving off a friend should arrive here tommorow, why are you puzzeld? thats the only way it can get here, unless he drives 7hrs...i doubt that..

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by wsamplet
My understanding so far is that this occuring in Australia? Just a quick search on Auatralian gun control laws leads me to believe that sniffer does not have a .45 caliber handgun under the pillow or a shotgun. Given that, I would question whether he is even in Australia. I Would agree with the other posts, this is getting way to much attention.

i doubt you would believe alot of things, seeing though you doubt that i even come from australia....

why would i lie about where i come from

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Sniffer

I want to issue you a challenge. Go into your room right now and take some photos. I want to see if you get anything. Convince me that this isnt a hoax. If you can I will take back everything I said

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Well, I didn't own a camera for years and only within the last year or so have I gotten a good enough camera for what I need, and that is not too odd. However, if the situation is as bad as he is painting it out to be and if that 'mask' is real, then that could spell trouble. Anything that manifests directly in such a fashion would IMO be very dangerous, yet this is just speculation. I don't want to start believing that he got eaten last night, but if he never contacts us again, I would get worried. However, that could mean that he was lying, or he committed suicide, which is a dangerous possibility (I really hope not).

I have had to deal with massive spirit possession personally, and it is horrific. Really, I couldn't tell the difference between it and schizophrenia, until (I know you won't believe this) I started ejecting the spirit forms which began to manifest as ants, flies, a millipede with a broken 'back' which continued to move without moving its body parts (that was unreal and I promptly smashed it), a bizarre emerald colored insect (also smashed), but mostly ants and flies. I am not trying to validate this horrible time in my life, but I know what these kind of creatures are capable of, and it isn't pretty.

What I am getting at is that, even if that is just a mask, and he is just deluding these creatures, that does not change their reality in his mind and they are just as capable of causing him harm regardless of their reality. Remember, it is not whether or not something is real, but how you react to it that counts. It was one of the few mentalities I had that I can surely say saved my life.

If he has a gun, even if he is in Oz, he may be at a very high risk for suicide, and any help he can get will prove invaluable. I know, sometimes death seemed the only way to get the voices to shut up, but I knew better and at best you die (leaving your mourning family, and friends when it is never necessary), at worst (if they are real) then you have no physical body and reserves to fight them, and they win. Really, the only way to make it through such trying times is to never give up, and Sniffer, my suggestion is to get that gun as far away from you as possible, or you could panic and make a grevious mistake that could cost you what is most valuable, your life.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
reply to post by Sniffer

I want to issue you a challenge. Go into your room right now and take some photos. I want to see if you get anything. Convince me that this isnt a hoax. If you can I will take back everything I said

i cant convince you, thats something you must do yourself,
i will take some photos if you insist.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Who said i own a gun

[edit on 5-10-2007 by Sniffer]

[edit on 5-10-2007 by Sniffer]

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Sniffer

I insist you take photos tonight. I wanna see if you come up with anything

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Oh GOOD! I was honestly worried for you sniffer! Just promise you will keep that gun in a safe place unloaded, and then you can deal with this.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 11:07 AM
link   

With all do respect Gideon, I think that if the alleged entity wanted to hurt him it would've done it already, after all he has claimed to have taken 200 plus pictures. Obviously he has been in his room quite a bit

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join