It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you ready for another election?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 08:36 PM
link   
So what do you other Canucks think. Are we going to the polls after the throne speech?

The BQ has stated they probably won't support the speech, so has the NDP. Now Dion may or may not want to start the campaign train. He lost all three seats in the recent byelections, even Outremont. Plus lots of internal bickering with Liberals.

What do you think?

Think Dion will roll the dice and see what happens in a full election or does he support Harper's speech and wait and try to get the party in order.

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 02:57 AM
link   
I think now would be a risky time to call and election all round.

On one hand, the Conservatives are losing favor quickly To the masses, they aren't being credited with the strong dollar or economy, and to the private sector, they are being blamed for the strong dollar and not doing enough to boost the economy.

On the other hand, the desentors are split between the Liberals (which are practically the same as the Conservatives on privatization and economic issues), and the NDP (which really don't have a hope of gaining the big seat). The split could see the Conservatives slipping into a minority Government again.

It's a fairly chaotic political climate these days.
I don't think anyone really knows (or would care to guess) what would happen if an election was called.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I don't think this is a good time for another election and we'd probably end up right where we are now - Conservative minority. I think Harper will cut a deal with someone to get the votes he needs for the Throne speech. The BQ say they won't vote for him now, but that will change.

The Libs aren't ready for an election right now anyways and they are their own worst enemies. They need to concentrate on getting their house in order and stop fighting amongst themselves if they want to gain support.

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 03:38 AM
link   
I don't believe that there will be another election any time soon.

The PC's have had their thrown speech read and the Liberals have come out and said they are ready to endorse some of what's on the table.

I'm curious as to how the Liberals are going to go about offering assistance to a minority government when their life blood comes from winning over the hearts and minds of Quebec and Ontraio.

The BQ will do what they have always done, if the current government does not acquiesce to their demands of more, more, more, they will always vote against whoever is in power.

I’m not a Liberal and never will be for their systematic destruction of the Canadian Forces.

I cannot say with confidence that I support the PC party either. I also believe that the BQ will never attain power because if that were the case we would be a nation divided by Quebec.

I do have a hypothetical solution to the Quebec sovernity issue though.

Take every separatist and move them one of our island Atlantic provinces,

Move every one of those former Atlantic provincial citizens to the province of Quebec,

Et Voila,

The separatist have their own country and those Atlantic Canadians now have the social and political infrastructure prosper. Further to that Canada as whole does not have to worry about one of our largest provinces becoming a border with in our own borders and we can deal with that new country if we see fit.

Please take what I just said with a grain of salt and some humour. I would never truly wish societal upheaval on any person but when sometimes I just wish it would happen so we wouldn't have to listen to this Quebec separation debate.

Arcticnull

new topics

top topics

join