It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DIY Laser defense Weapon for Sit-X

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by NGC2736

What a thought! Call it Medussa, because any way that you tried to approach it, you were likely to be hit.

Ive already got the safety gear covered...mirror-shades to cover the eyes, with mylar-covered flares and a mirror-medallion to deflect any errant laser beams

...survival? its called stayin' alive ha-ha-ha-ha...stayin' alive...stayin' aliiii-iiiii-iiive....

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I don't think you could defend yourself with that, unless you were attacked by a man who had just fell into a vat of glue, and then immediately after that fell into a vat of matches. Or a sentient party balloon with homicidal tendancies. Your survival kit may be more aptly stocked with things that will protect you from *likely* threats.

I imagine the heat is about on the same level as when you use a magnifying glass to focus sunlight into a point. It's a great way to torture ants, but doesn't do much than sting for a bit when you do it to yourself.

I think this might be a little closer to being a workable means of self-defense:
hand held coil gun

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I have an old Play station 1 at my disposible, it currently sits on the side gathering dust, would the Game disk reader out of there work does any one know ?

ProTo

apc

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Well, here's my prototype from a dvd burner and an old laser sight. Getting the lens distance right while still giving it a solid housing was fun.

Unfortunately this diode didn't like 4.5V... and I killed it.

[edit on 7-10-2007 by apc]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join