It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Richard Dawkins, The Enemies Of Reason: A must watch

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Google Video Link

Link: video.google.com...

Imo, this is a must watch for everyone investigating the paranormal. Its from a skeptics point of view and an eye opener for gullibles and newbies.

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Richard Dawkins is SOOOO limited.....

This guy has been in numerous debates around the world with top theologians who have made him look like a young school girl. One of these theolgians who makes him look that way (though I believe they have yet to debate in a forum) is Ravi Zacharias.

The thing is, there are 3 stances:

1. Logic & Reason provail (which I feel is incomplete)
2. Superstitions provail (which I feel is incomplete)
3. Logic, Reason, Transcendence provail (whch is the completeness)

You use logic & reason to realize the limits of said logic & reason, therefore investigating some of these so-called superstitions, only to realize that such ideas as God are real. Going further to seek out God, you eventually will experience God with an additional faculty called Transcendence that is beyond logic & reason and is better than any other faculty. It is this said faculty where paradoxes co-exist in perfect harmonies such as God being everywhere and nowhere at the same time (something you can only truly know & experience using transcendence).

So if your a Dawkins scientist type, your lacknig the complete picture, but if your a superstitious type that lacks direct divine experience, your also lacking the complete picture.

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Yuck. I detest Dawkins. He abandons science to attack God and other alternative theories.

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Yuck. I detest Dawkins. He abandons science to attack God and other alternative theories.

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 11:02 PM
link   
The Enemies of Reason was fantastic! It explains how I perceive the world -- without objective evidence for something, I won't believe in it. When evidence is produced, then I will re-assess my opinion. Until that time, absence of evidence is evidence of absence.

But I had a giggle at the UFO Expo -- I'd just watched EoR, and the part where Dawkins was wandering around the newage convention. When I was at the UFO Expo, I felt like him, while wandering around the "hall of purchases."

It's nice that people believe stuff. But nothing exists unless evidence can be produced for it. Until then, it's just a story.

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by MajorMalfunction

Dawkins is just a master of selective presentation of the evidence. He will ignore or discount evidence which doesn't fit his non-paranormal worldview and then boldy proclaim "Look, there's no evidence, I must be right!"

top topics

join