It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEW MOOD METER??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Now that we have gotten rid of personal mood, can we have something more useful to us than something that is telling our own mood?

How about a meter that tells us how others feel about us, we can four or five to choose from that tells us about the post you post: Genius, Intelligent, Ok, Starting to get on my nerve, Nothing in upstairs.

How about it moderators?

Yes this will increase your broadwith problems, but you can sell this option so that only people who have been posting a lot can buy it, for maybe 5000 ATS credits.

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 11:06 PM
link   
That's nice, but I don't like to think of this place as a popularity contest.

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by DClark

i think its a good idea. but more posts mean more traffic on the server, right?

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 11:14 PM
link   

i think its a good idea. but more posts mean more traffic on the server, right?

Thanks, we are going to have more post anyway considering all the new members pouring in. This is like quality control.

Yes, it may turn into popularity contest, in that case we can have just 3 catergories: Genius (Rarely given), Ok (Usually given), Could be improved (2nd usually given) but at least we can improve the quality of posts posted, and not have junk all over.

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 11:14 PM
link   
The whole purpose of removing the mood meter was to streamline your ats experience...

Putting something else in it's place defeats the purpose of removing it in the first place.

Chris

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzChris
The whole purpose of removing the mood meter was to streamline your ats experience...
Putting something else in it's place defeats the purpose of removing it in the first place.

Mood line was for everyone, this one will be only for people with a certain number of posts.

Smileys and Signatures contribute a lot to the increased bandwith, yet we have them. Why? Have fun on ATS along with learning and increasing knowledge, right?

[Edited on 22-1-2004 by surfup]

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 11:22 PM
link   
maybe we can cut down on the storage allowance for ats members. for instance, how many posts have you made surfup? take that number and multiply it by the 8kb image in your signature. thats a lot of space especially when it adds up for all members.

nothin personal surfup

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 11:22 PM
link   
you code it and we'll look at it!

it sounds worse than the code for the one we had previously..

Chris

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrisnolefan
maybe we can cut down on the storage allowance for ats members. for instance, how many posts have you made surfup? take that number and multiply it by the 8kb image in your signature. thats a lot of space especially when it adds up for all members.

618 * 8 = 4944.

I have no clue how to code it OzChris, sorry.

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Bandwidth isn't so much an issue as processor cycles. The calculation of each member's mood based on the forums they visit, forums in which they post, and calculating a visible mood display was costing more cpu cycles than I'd like... the benefit of the fun value was now outweighing the load on the cpu/database.

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by DClark

Me either... If anything, I come here to discuss issues, make my point and piss people off for making them.

I don't need, nor care to have any "meter" that shows what other people think of me, cuz frankly, I don't give a damn.

This site isn't a popularity contest, if you want that why don't you post your picture up at rateme.com

posted on Jan, 28 2004 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Yeah what happened to the personal mood meter?

Why did it go away?

posted on Jan, 28 2004 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrisnolefan

nothin personal surfup

Nothing personal chrisnolefan but your avatar is 30KiloBytes.

top topics

join