It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alabama City Reopens Nuclear Shelters...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Alabama City Reopens Nuclear Shelters...

www.waff.com

Associated Press - September 27, 2007 3:44 PM ET

HUNTSVILLE, Ala. (AP) - In an age of al-Qaida, sleeper cells and the threat of nuclear terrorism, Huntsville is dusting off its Cold War manual to create the nation's most ambitious fallout-shelter plan. It features an abandoned mine big enough for 20,000 people to take cover underground. The Three Caves Quarry is located just outside the downtown district.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Removed excessive copy/paste over the 500 character limit.

[edit on 27-9-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 04:24 PM
link   
First time poster, long time reader. I found this article moments ago. I thought it was interesting that the City is "dusting off it's Cold War Manual". Alabama is usually a bit behind the times and I was just wondering if any other major cities are re-opening nuclear shelters. Could it be they know something we don't.

I'd also like to send out a big "Thank You" for all the information that the ATS folks put out there.

www.waff.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1curious1
Alabama is usually a bit behind the times

Ahem. Perhaps you missed the "Huntsville" part.

Huntsville has the highest number of PhD's per acre in the US.

Marshall Space Flight Center

Redstone Arsenal

About 50 very advanced military contractors. (combat lasers, image recognition anti-sniper systems etc)

NASA's supposedly shut down exotic propulsion systems division

The guys that designed sneaky wave, Visibuilding and the non-observable fighter radar that's only at Kirtland and other places similar.

The only lab that I'd buy may have actually created an anti-gravity system

Space and Missile Defense Command's backup command site.

A lot of DIA offices - it's military spook city.

And that's just the stuff that instantly comes to mind.

It's a happening place if you're a military contractor geek. I worked there for many a year, and it was never boring.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   
They also have the Redstone arsenal nearby that can hold allot of people in the mountain complex. It was loaded with tons of food for the local population during a fallout situation. I don't know if it still is though. I know a person that works there so I will have to inquire about that. Just about everyone in that area has tornado shelters too.
I would build a shelter if I didn't live in Florida where you dig five feet and hit water.

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I think this is a very interesting article, and I applaud (literally) the OP for posting it.

There are plenty of mundane explanations for this, yet I think it's also a rich tidbit of information for conspiracists.

new topics

top topics

join