It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wanted To Share A UFO Story

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Hey everyone,

I wanted to tell you about an incident that happened to me about 2 years ago in hopes that someone else has seen or experienced something similar in the same region.

This took place just outside the Town of Gander in Newfoundland, Canada. To give you some history of Gander, the town was used extensively during the World War 2 has a military base. In the past 10 years the base has downsized.

This happen to me on a Wednesday night, I was leaving Gander around 10pm to drive over the highway to my parents home which was 41 kms away. About 15 kms outside of Gander there is a provincial park and close to the park there is a power supply plant or something. Anyway I was about a km away from the park and I could see a weird light hovering over the power station. I assumed it was a helicopter, butt he movement didn't seem consistent with that of a chopper. As I got closer to the park entrance this thing kept flying towards the road. And when I passed the park this thing was maybe 400 feet from me in the air. It made no sound and was dark color, almost metallic and with a few lights underneath. The shape was almost triangular. My gf was with me at the time and after we passed this we both looked at each other and were confused and frighten to what we just saw. At this point I began to speed wanting to get away from this thing. As I we were speeding away, it followed us and it seemed to be flying parallel with us. As you can imagine we were scared to death. Then a light from the thing began shining on the car so I drove faster. After a minute or 2 it disappeared from the right of us and appeared on the left of us out over the woods at a considerable distance then disappeared from site. I continued to drive fast and about 5 minutes later we went around a turn and there stopped were 2 cars and truck with a few people outside looking into the woods. Where they were stopped you can see a long distance into the woods because of a large cut over. About 1000 feet away probably more this thing was hovering above a lake. I slowed down to take a brief look and kept driving. If I had my time back I would of stopped. But to tell you the truth I was too scared.

I hope someone can give me some feedback on this or if you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by 00codefinder

Nice experience. You took it one step further than I would have by posting it here. How long ago did this happen? I remember Gander from 9-11. You guys took in and cared for a lot of airline passengers that were rightfully tossed out of the air that day.

Gander and its citizens deserve a big thanks, at least from this American, for contributing so much to a bunch of strangers during that week. Kudos.

BTW, what kind of feedback are you looking for?

[edit on 27-9-2007 by Lost_Mind]

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Thanks.

In terms of feedback. I've heard a lot of stories over the years of strange sightings around Gander and the surrounding area. Just wondering if anyone else has heard about Gander and the sightings. This happen couple years ago now. I can easily find out the exact date, my dad keeps a daily journal and for sure this was put in it.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by 00codefinder

Yeah if you could do that it may help focus a time frame of any members here in your area. You mentioned this was hanging over a substation - was it doing anything in relation to the station that you could see?

There was an incident in Centerville Ohio back in the 1990's where a number of neighborhood residents called the local 911 to report power outages and bright flashes. At least one of them saw an object physically arcing with the powerlines behind their homes, a very brightflash would ensue, the object would loudly and violently disappear then reappear some distance away only to come back and repeat this process. Rinse and repeat. I think that the object/power grid interaction is interesting and could be a key component in understand how these whatever they are operate. There are audio files with the calls floating around on the net if your are interested in a listen.

I forgot to mention welcome to ATS - be prepared for anything here....

top topics

join