It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extraterestrial Entities: Friend or Foe?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I open this thread with a basic question. Most of us here anticipate full disclosure and resolution of the alien question. To me and many others on ATS the question primarily is not if but when. I think sooner rather than later. In my experience the question is not of the existence and presence of extraterrestrial intelligent life. I have experienced things and seen things which settled the question for me long ago. Nothing more needs to be said of that for it is irrelevant and would only lead to questions I am not at liberty to discuss. I am nothing special and certainly not the subject of this thread.

The question here is this; Are the extraterrestrial entities that have an apparent interest in Earth and its sundry life forms benevolent partners in the cosmos, or our worst nightmare? Will the question be settled with a scenario similar to the movie “Close Encounters of the Third Kind” or “Independence Day?”

I believe the naivety exhibited by some is inane, like the moron holding a sign “Take me first”. You know “first come, first served.” Who hasn’t seen the Twilight Zone episode “To Serve Man”?

I do not mean to make light of what may be our worst nightmare, nor do I wish to create an atmosphere of fear. Due to an apparent intense interest in our military installations, I wonder what motivates our “guests.”

I have heard it said that if they had malevolent intent they would have “attacked” already. Perhaps not. I garden and wait until that fruit or veggie is just right. Often timing is everything. I am an old soldier and can tell you prematurely launching an operation can be disastrous. Any serious student of military history knows of the Dieppe disaster. The public cover story was it was a “reconnaissance in force.” Records released (leaked) in the not too distant past show it was an abortive attempt to gain a foothold in Hitler’s Festung Europa.

Of even greater concern to me is the possibility of being sold out by our “leaders.” Keep in mind that many of the Africans sold into slavery were sold by their own chieftains. I do not trust any of the past three Presidential administrations as far as I could toss them, nor Congress, nor the U.N.
Remember Vidkun Quisling and his collaboration at the expense of his countrymen? In the end he ended up in the pot, too (no pun intended).
What are your thoughts?

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Ankil

Well if they were hostile,we woulden't be here I'm sure. I mean how much sense does it make waiting till were advanced to attack us? They chould of taken earth when we were using melee weapons in warfare,no I think they have a different agenda.I think we could put up a good fight,but we are not united,religions,political differences,nationalism,etc,is disuniting us. So if they were to attack us I don't think we could put up a good fight as good as if we were united as 1 earth government.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I feel a mix of both...of course not balanced, From what I've heard, it would depend on which entities you refer to.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 05:51 AM
link   
If they meant us harm we would not be talking right now.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Like I said in another thread, they are friendly. However, the third step in the US shadow government plan is to fake an alien attack so America will unite with them against the threat of the aliens. In reality, its just another false flag attack in order to enslave the people and take away even more of their freedom with new laws. We are now in the second step (terrorist threat) and approaching the third.

If they do this, it will look very realistic since they are at least 30 years ahead of public technology in my opinion. Beam weapons, flying saucers and so on. But its all man made, because their ships are only reverse engineered from the real alien ones. This is possibly why they dont admit to aliens in the first place.

This video is a summary with stuff from the most important videos out there. The white haired women talking is from the Disclosure Project, and she is only one of the people who tries to get this into the public. Because if the public knows, it will be impossible to trick them into believing the lie.

[edit on 27-9-2007 by Copernicus]

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Like so many others have said "If they were hostile, they'd have decimated us already". As far as complete benevolence goes, I have my doubts on that. But they definitely don't want us destroyed. After reading many SRV articles from various authors, I deduce that they are here because they are dying and we can help save THEM while at the same time they can help to save US. Technology exchange in return of saving their dying race? Sounds like a fair trade.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Friend or Foe?

As with everything there is a mixture of both.

Luckily for us the overwhelming majority is in the friend category.

Why do we have to wait for disclosure? There is enough evidence around to see what is going on. The government has had hundreds of chances to disclose and it will back fire on them big time. I mean would you like to be the person caught holding the information in your hands when they arrive.
Think of the consequences of that. How many peeved people there will be when the lies come out? What do you think will happen to people who thought you were not worthy to know? People have been working hard all their life when they were sitting on technology that could have made life easier and saved lives. The confrontation will not be a pretty sight.

I have had dreams of the light show that they will do for us. The sky will be filled with craft worldwide. It will be done in a way to entertain and not to scare us.

You would have to think that we are years not decades away from this event. Bring on the friends I say.....lol

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Cyber_Wasp

Actually, if you read the book by the guy behind the Disclosure Project, you will see that its not that simple. People wanting to know more about UFO's inside the government quickly gets convinced its not in their best interests to do so. There is this whole shadow government inside the government who really controls these things. There is nothing anyone official can do, not even the president gets told of these things.

Just follow the money. There are 2.3 TRILLIONS of dollars "lost". See this video.

This is much larger than any of us realize.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cyber_Wasp
Friend or Foe?

As with everything there is a mixture of both.

Luckily for us the overwhelming majority is in the friend category.

Why do we have to wait for disclosure? There is enough evidence around to see what is going on. The government has had hundreds of chances to disclose and it will back fire on them big time. I mean would you like to be the person caught holding the information in your hands when they arrive.
Think of the consequences of that. How many peeved people there will be when the lies come out? What do you think will happen to people who thought you were not worthy to know? People have been working hard all their life when they were sitting on technology that could have made life easier and saved lives. The confrontation will not be a pretty sight.

I have had dreams of the light show that they will do for us. The sky will be filled with craft worldwide. It will be done in a way to entertain and not to scare us.

You would have to think that we are years not decades away from this event. Bring on the friends I say.....lol

funny you should mention seeing the world's skies being covered with their craft because I have actually had a dream about that. Except people were running and scared but they were not attacking, just sitting there. In the dream, the US government attacked the citizens and then the Aliens came.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ankil

The question here is this; Are the extraterrestrial entities that have an apparent interest in Earth and its sundry life forms benevolent partners in the cosmos, or our worst nightmare? Will the question be settled with a scenario similar to the movie “Close Encounters of the Third Kind” or “Independence Day?”

good questions, and insights.

let me say this first and foremost, in my honest opinion, ET lifeforms navigate in and out of our air space the same way we, humans- navigate in and out of deep sea creature's natural habitats. by that i mean, do you ever wonder if ants or creatures living in the deep ocean floors wonder about "surface dwellers"; and how they only catch glimpses of boats passing by at high speed, or boats slowly "floating above" the sea waters, boats that can go from 0 - 60 knots in no time? they wonder why we explore the deep sea and capture some ocean critters ["abduct"] to possibly study them and better know what they are about and their physiology?
well, they too wonder what our "intentions" are. whether we are friends or foes.
I think the best way to accept and deal with the UFO phenomena is to just go on with life. and accept that other species inhabit our galaxies and the universe along with us. when some guy goes scuba diving in the middle of nowhere to admire the landscape or just explore the oceans, the only threats the underwater creatures should feel is due to lack of communication. because the guy deep sea diving cant take off his snorkel and have a chat with sting rays, or what have you. I think same goes with ETs and earthly creatures. it may be that simple people.
but this is just my opinion. metaphorically speaking, the only obvious way for the scuba diver to acknowledge that the deep sea sting ray is not a primitive species and approach it at the same level of consciousness and intelligence he/she interacts with other humans, is for the sting ray to somehow come close to or surpass the cognitive capabilities of the diver.

---so , no the government didnt sell us out. because they all die like you and i will. i dont see how they can sell us to ETs for money or services... when they those government members are still on earth and subject to life and all its "intricacies" and "unfortunate series of events" as you and I are.
who, in their right minds would trade humans for cell phone technology...or any other technologies people think ETs are contributing to.

--And those who think ETs wouldnt attack us when we are almost at the height of a nuclear era, they should really reconsider. if we have A-bombs, imagine what they potentially have... i dont want to think about it really.

[edit on 27-9-2007 by omi_kron_gravitron]

[edit on 27-9-2007 by omi_kron_gravitron]

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by deadangel23
funny you should mention seeing the world's skies being covered with their craft because I have actually had a dream about that. Except people were running and scared but they were not attacking, just sitting there. In the dream, the US government attacked the citizens and then the Aliens came.

It could be a premonition. According to people who claim to be in regular contact with the aliens, they are monitoring the current situation on earth closely and will not allow the government to let things get out of control and cause another world war. They have been seen disabling missiles and hovering above military bases a lot lately.

I believe the greatest threat to us are the shadow government inside the US government right now. They want a global war to happen to decrease the population and make the survivors easier to control in the New World Order.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Copernicus

It could be a premonition.

I certainly hope so cause that was awesome

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Ankil

I have experienced things and seen things which settled the question for me long ago. Nothing more needs to be said of that for it is irrelevant and would only lead to questions I am not at liberty to discuss.

Come on man, dazzle us skeptics with your wondrous insight and obvious secret knowledge, lol. I suspect if you really knew anything about anything you would be chomping at the bit and discussing it every chance you got, especially if you thought it could shed light on the most important question of modern times, a question that, if your information gleamed a sliver of truth to it, would make you a hero, a cult leader, and give you opportunities to run the morning show circuit.

But of course, all the good stuff people claim to know, they always say "they are not at liberty to discuss" or "I'll reveal it when I'm ready", lol. How convenient.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Ankil

"I have experienced things and seen things which settled the question for me long ago. Nothing more needs to be said of that for it is irrelevant and would only lead to questions I am not at liberty to discuss"

Sorry Ankil but its generally people who havent seen anything that say that.
People who have witnessed things (if such people exist) just wouldnt post anything as pompous as that.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cyber_Wasp

Lately I've been thinking the same thing...and It doesn't fill me with fear, just joy.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Why does it have to be one or the other? freind or foe? Extraterrestrials are just like us, some are hostile, some are not, I dont believe that they are 'openly' hostile, because if they were, everyone would know. But i think that the ones doing the abductions, if in fact they are extraterrestrials, are hostile, becuase it is a violation of free will. I am sure there are other benevolent groups, such as the plejaren

[edit on 27-9-2007 by capsitan]

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   
An alternative scenario could be that they're waiting for us to reach a certain level of technology, one that gives us a weapon that worries them.

At that stage they'll have to make a decision as to what to do with us.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Well if they were "Independence Day" type aliens, I think we'd know by now. I think it's safe to assume there are both good and bad entities, but bad doesn't necessarily mean destroying planets.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by omi_kron_gravitron

Talking it out with a stingray--perhaps Steve Irwin should have tried this approach. If an extraterrestrial being attempted to interact intelligently with a human (depending on who and where) the human might respond with a shotgun blast. We do not nor can we yet understand their motives or methods, but can only guess. What we call abduction and violation an alien may consider normal and appropriate. We respond within the scope of our schemata (knowledge and experience). When he grabbed the stingray from behind the ray's schemata screamed "things that grab from behind eat guys like me. FIRE!!"

Harry the bass was cruising the weeds when a slightly different but interesting worm fell in the water so he bit it to check it out. Suddenly Harry was pulled from the water and plopped on the floor of a boat. Giant odd creatures poked and prodded Harry (especially around his mouth) then released him back into his lake. When Harry later relates his experience to his bass buddies the reception is, "Harry, you're so full of crap! Everyone knows there's no such thing as humans or boats. You need to lay off the algae a bit." Just as every fisherman has his or her own motives and regard for the fish, so might aliens. Some might just be having fun (Damn teenagers!), some might be researchers, some may be along for the ride, and some may be farmers. Fortunately for Harry Bass he wasn't on the menu.

Too many people are of the opinion we are dealing with only one alien species or group and thus, there is but one motivation for their actions. Though I hope and pray our cosmological companions are a peaceful breed of "human huggers" as it were, they could be quite the opposite. Would you rather be invaded by flower children or Imperial storm troopers? My stock and trade is sci-fi writing (not the TV channel) and one of my fears is being caught in the cross-fire of warring aliens

My opinion is we were engineered as a slave race, and in the end may have the status of chattel. Perhaps they are only checking on the herd now and then or are using us as we use research animals, and we have a higher opinion of our place in the cosmos than is appropriate or correct. The research monkeys in a lab cage are the highest life form (or only relevant life form) in their universe. We are special and important (at least to ourselves), but what is our true place in the cosmos?

We here all yearn for the truth (probably more out of fear than anthing else). All we can do is pursue and live the truth that is revealed to each of us. We as a species need to present a united front. Would you rather be confronted with 400 one pound monkeys or a 400 pound gorilla. If mankind ever needed a motive for peace and unity amongst ourselves, that would be it. Peace ya'll

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 02:40 PM
link   
i don't believe whole civilizations are benevolent or malevolent. Instead, like humanity, I believe there are certain factions within that are evil or good.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join