It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Kerry & John Edwards Don't Know Price Of Gas

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Yesterday John Edwards was asked how much it cost for a gallon of gasoline, and he said- "I haven't looked at the signs here in New Hampshire." Then, when pressed for answers, he said "I don't know, how much is it?" The reporter retorted
"No, I'm asking you."

John Edwards, a self-made millionaire, often depicts himself as a representative of the working-class and "growing up in small towns." Edwards finally gave up and his final response to the question of a gallon of gasoline was "We're not taking tests here."

John Kerry was asked the same question on the same day. He answered the same at the beginning. "I haven't seen the sign around here." After vacillating and almost stepping away, it finally came to him. "Oh, around $1.50 or $1.60, I suppose." Hmmm. I wonder if a nearby aide whispered the answer to him.

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 12:59 PM
link   
why would they need to know the price of gas? That is not a concern of anyone in running for office. They won't ever have to drive a car unless by choice.

they just sit in limos and hired cars and have people drive them around where ever they need to go.

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Waaait...John Edwards the guy who talks to the dead?

j/k. just naver made the connection before.

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 01:30 PM
link   
No -the Senators running for the Democratic Presidential Nomination.

It just goes to show ya- how in touch these people are
(or aren't) with working class behavior and lifestyle.

Ya know- they all claim to have "middle class' values- but are they just pandering?

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 04:23 PM
link   
If you want a real consensus of Edwards experience, poll for residences of North Carolina about the 'absent' senator.

You may be suprised !

Kerry will have better luck in the south than Edwards ever will again.

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkwraith
Ya know- they all claim to have "middle class' values- but are they just pandering?

Well, doesn't the middle class generally aspire to become rich?

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I don't wish to offend anyone here but these guys will know the price of ass before the price of gas I bet.

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I'm glad they don't know this information. There last concern should be the price of gas.....compared to George Bush whos only focus is obtaining liquid gold.

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Oh I think they should know the price of gas,

how about industry, trucking, shipping, trains, planes, automobiles, heating, lubrication, electricity production and on and on and on...

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 04:33 PM
link   
What is the relavence of this? Was there a point to this that I missed or are we just supposed to laugh at them because they seem like boobs?

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Not Boobs...

Just plain out of touch with the reality they control.

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 07:02 PM
link   
The price of gas, it seems rises and falls a number of times in any given week long period. I wouldn't be suprised if the truckers didn't know the price of gas! This was just a waste of time, trying to get Edwards into a corner, prove he doesn't care. Information readily available to you (such as the price of gas, always located on the giant sign that says Exxon, Texaco, etc) is normally stored in your short term memory - there is really no reason to file it away for further use. I am neither rich nor a politician. I was at a gas station just a few hours ago. I cannot seem to recall what the price of gas was. That doesn't make me out of touch, that just means I have forgotten a useless piece of information. Perhaps this person should have asked a revelant question, such as "How will you protect America?", or "How do you plan to balance the budget?", or how about "Where do you stand on enviromental issues?", instead of asking him how much goddamn gasoline costs!

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Gas is one of the major components of the US economy.

Oil is always being talked about, bargained for, trade-pack'd, by most countries. International disagreements happen all the time about oil.

Saddam invaded Kuwait becouse he needed port access for his oil, so he wouldnt have to pipe it thru another country.

It IS all about the economy in the US, and if you are running for president, you damn well better know what is effecting it, and how your constituants feel about it.

(maybe they should have asked how much a barrel of oil costs, this is the figure politicians normally study)

[Edited on 22-1-2004 by smirkley]

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I was watching CNN the other day and they did a piece on this. I agree with them that this whole notion (sp?) of catching the candidates with the most stupid fact is ridiculus. It doesn't mean anything if Edwards or any of them don't know the price of gas in that town. I think they have much more important things on their mind then the price of gas in that specific town.

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 10:56 PM
link   
CNN did a crap damage control story. They said John Kennedy and Roosevelt made appearances in small and poor towns but "probably" didn't know the cost of milk.

Jeff Greenfields thesis, therefore, was that it didn't matter becuase they ended up being good leaders.

Thats assuming on Greenfield's part. And its the usual CNN damage control bull#.

Do believe that's true because Jeff Greenfield said it?

Get real.

One of the problems with this country is that people cannot analyze a story for content, and discern the fact from opinion.

These guys are always using 'middle class' to describe every posible facet of their candidacy. Values, ideals, morals, cultural backround, ad nauseum.

I've seen John Edwards say "Oh, I grew up in middle class towns just like this, and grew up in a poor family..."
etc. Well, okay.

I think its unexcsuable personally for a man who says
"He stands up for the working man and middle class values," like John Kerry said, to not know the price of an everyday item is fraudulent.

top topics

join