It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did this Administration use fear, intimidation even murder to control congress?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Democrats Paul Wellstone and Mel Carnahan both died in small plane crashes. Where these really accidents or murder or assassination.

Plane crashes or was Was Paul Wellstone Murdered?

Paul Wellstone was the only progressive in the U.S. Senate. Mother Jones magazine once described him as, "The first 1960s radical elected to the U.S. senate." He was also the last. Since defeating incumbent Republican Rudy Boschowitz 12 years ago in a grassroots upset, Wellstone emerged as the strongest, most persistent, most articulate and most vocal Senate opponent of the Bush administration.

Died Oct. 26, 2002

Wellstone now joins the ranks of other American politicians who died in small plane crashes. Another recent victim was Missouri's former Democratic governor, Mel Carnahan, who lost his life in 2000, three weeks before Election Day, during his Senatorial race against John Ashcroft. Carnahan went on to become the first dead man to win a Senatorial race, humiliating and defeating the unpopular Ashcroft posthumously. Ashcroft, despite his unpopularity, went on to be appointed Attorney General by George W. Bush. Investigators determined that Carnahan's plane went down due to "poor visibility."

Died Oct. 16, 2000

There is no indication today that Wellstone's death was the result of foul play. What we do know, however, is that Wellstone emerged as the most visible obstacle standing in the way of a draconian political agenda by an unelected government. And now he is conveniently gone. For our government to maintain its credibility at this time, we need an open and accountable independent investigation involving international participation into the death of Paul Wellstone. Hopefully we will find out, beyond any shadow of a doubt, that this was indeed an untimely accident. For the sake of our country, we need to know this.

Are these two deaths related?

October 2, 2001: Patriot Act is Introduced to Congress

The “anti-terrorism” Patriot Act is introduced in Congress, but is not well received by all. [US Congress, 10/2/2001] One day later, Senate Majority Leader and future anthrax target Tom Daschle (D) says he doubts the Senate will take up this bill in the one week timetable the administration wants. As head of the Senate, Daschle has great power to block or slow passage of the bill. Attorney General Ashcroft accuses Senate Democrats of dragging their feet. [Washington Post, 10/3/2001] On October 4, Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman and future anthrax target Patrick Leahy (D) accuses the Bush administration of reneging on an agreement on the anti-terrorist bill. Leahy is in a key position to block or slow the bill. Some warn that “lawmakers are overlooking constitutional flaws in their rush to meet the administration’s timetable.” Two days later, Ashcroft complains about “the rather slow pace�over his request for law enforcement powers� Hard feelings remain.” [Washington Post, 10/4/2001] The anthrax letters to Daschle and Leahy are sent out on October 9 and difficulties in passing the Act continue

But maybe these where not enough for the Evil doers.
Anthrax Attacks: 2001 anthrax attacks

The 2001 anthrax attacks in the United States, also known as Amerithrax from its FBI case name, occurred over the course of several weeks beginning on September 18, 2001. Letters containing anthrax spores were mailed to several news media offices and two Democratic U.S. Senators, killing five people and infecting 17 others. The crime remains unsolved. Senator Patrick Leahy, one of the recipients of an anthrax letter, publicly stated just before the sixth anniversary of the case that he believes people within the US government know the source of the anthrax powder.

Patrick Leahy and Tom Daschle both Democrat lawmakers were among those targeted.

The second note that was addressed to Senators Daschle and Leahy read:
09-11-01
YOU CAN NOT STOP US.
WE HAVE THIS ANTHRAX.
YOU DIE NOW.
ARE YOU AFRAID?
DEATH TO AMERICA.
DEATH TO ISRAEL.
ALLAH IS GREAT

Here is more: Capitol Hill Anthrax Matches Army's Stocks: 5 Labs Can Trace Spores to Ft. Detrick

Although many laboratories possess the Ames strain of anthrax involved in this fall's bioterrorist attacks, only five laboratories so far have been found to have spores with perfect genetic matches to those in the Senate letters, the scientists said. And all those labs can trace back their samples to a single U.S. military source: the U.S. Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Disease (USAMRIID) at Fort Detrick, Md.

Could this attack be related to the congressmen airplane crashes?

click on “playing the fear card”

click on “fear it now”

Not sure how long these videos will be available.

[edit on 26-9-2007 by LDragonFire]

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I think this counts as on topic, JFK jr. died in plane crash, not a politition but many believed he was being groomed for it.

I have not fact checked claims in this video and it is very long. He does have info that the first news reports were cleaned up. I found it interesting.

Google Video Link

[edit on 26-9-2007 by Redge777]

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Wow, I tell you what people, that JFK Jr. assassination video that Redge posted is worthy of it's own thread. You might want to think about doing that Redge.

It made it through 1:13 and then it cut out on me. Might be better off going directly to Google to watch it. It was already good, but when it cut out it was really getting good!

Peace

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

What about all of the living Democrats who aren't doormats for Bush? For them to be intimidated, wouldn't the Republican party have to take responsibility for these deaths, and let their counterparts know that this could be their fate if they didn't toe the line?

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueRaja

The responsibility does not require public knowledge. Imagine a private meeting where someone simply eludes to it. "Tell ya what, we will get you a seat on a small plane if you don't agree, is that better."

On the Google vid stop at 1:13 problem, just hit F5 or refresh in your browser, then click on the time line of player, the place video left off, you don't have to watch it from the start again.

oh also in 2004 three reporters jumped on a plane and flew to. I forget where, Florida or Atlanta I think, to investigate a new news story they were tipped off about, they never made it, plane crashed.

Also in 2004 lawyers flying out of Texas, I believe high up Wallmart folks, crashed, at the time, I thought the brief clean up clip was odd, a few firemen spraying water into some trees not on fire. I thought that one might be a news plant.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Lets see the Democrats voted for the Patriot Act even though there are constitutional issues with it.

Democrats voted for the Iraq war.

This Administration has had almost No oversight from Congress for Anything.

Even since the 06 elections, they seem afraid to do anything against this administration even though the public whats this.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 08:03 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Seems to me you hit the nail on the head with this one. My family and I talk about the unusual circumstances around the anthrax attacks alot. I always thought the targets were a little fishy. The timing was a little too convenient also.
There have been a lot of strange deaths around this administration. Is it a rogue agent or something like that? Or is it Chaney behind the scenes giving the president plausable denialability? Or the military industrial complex?
A lot of unanswered questions we need the answers to.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Well the anthrax letters were something many don't think about much anymore due to the fact they happened right after 911 and the press no longer reports on them at all.

When one really pays attention it is shocking, like a little known fact the white house staff started taking cipro on 9/11/01 seven days before the first anthrax letters were even sent out, they were postmarked 9/18/01.

www.judicialwatch.org...

The two senators who received the letters were two who opposed the patriot act and actually had the power to block it

The anthrax came from a US military lab. The letters were sent to media outlets, why? They would have reported on them anyway.
There is more like the rest of the letters were sent to ABC, NBC, CBS and The New York Post and The National Enquirer. The National Enquirer seems odd man out doesn't it? Ever wonder why no reporters ask the tough questions on 911 and why there are so many obvious holes in the official story? Maybe the anthrax letter were sent to the media for a reason.

For some really interesting stuff on the first victim and more about the letters go here,
www.newsgarden.org...

As for manipulation of the congress and the senate that has been going on for some time now, read this or see the documentary at google video. It's called, "Conspiracy of Silence", and is well worth watching, there are many copies listed, look for the one with the best video quality. The one I watched was a bit faded looking, but still worth viewing, there were some better quality video available I just did not see it until after I watched the faded out looking one. I firmly believe that many of our government officials are being told what to say and how to vote, their being manipulated by someone, IMO.

www.francesfarmersrevenge.com...

[edit on 27-9-2007 by goose]

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 01:09 PM
link   
spot on.
i'm surprised that the anthrax issue alone isn't enough to spur the maxwell smarts into action against the shadow cabal that is running america(into the ground). it is so obvious that it was an attack from the enemy within.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Redge777

That still doesn't explain why you still have an awful lot of living opponents of Bush's policies in government. He'd have a rubber stamp on everything he wanted if all that was necessary was to give death threats at each voting session.

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 10:51 AM
link   
He does get a rubber stamp on everything, look at the media, and congress. Don't fall into its a democrat vs republican thing, they are all the same corporate party.

Actually none are killed because of what you said, for most people all that is necessary is death threats.

[edit on 29-9-2007 by Redge777]

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 11:45 AM
link   
IMO, no one is intimidating no one. I watched Nancy Pelosi being interviewed (I forgot by whom) and i am very good at body language, and the woman was asked what about impeachment? Her eyes dartet every which way and i could tell everyword that came out of her mouth was a lie,
They are all in it together.
There is no congress to speak of on our side. You had to see that woman's body language only but for a minute to be convinced that not only will she not impeach, she will not stand in Bush's way...ever.

Its all an illusion.

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I don't know that much about Senator Wellstone, or the accident that killed him. I *do* know about Governor Carnahan's aircraft crash, though. No real conspiracy or mysterious government involvement needed for it. The NTSB report on the accident describes the weather as "Broken clouds down to 800', instrument flight conditions in effect." I can confirm the crap weather, and I can also tell you that most of the airports / airstrips in the area of the crash were (and are, to this day) short of navigational aids or instrument landing prompts.

In other words, bad judgment on the part of a small-craft pilot plus very suboptimal weather adds up to a very ugly smear on the ground. Was it a tragedy? Certainly, and all the more because it could have (and SHOULD HAVE) been avoided. Was it 'da gubmunt' ? I, personally don't think so.

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I agree my statement death threats is overblown. Lets say threats of pulling support in next election, or running a good candidate against you with money support.

A litany of threats of slander can be used, many people in power only get there if the ones pulling the strings already got something on them.

top topics

join