It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO THINKS THIS LOOKS LiKE COMPUTER GRAPHICS?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 12:52 PM
link   
maybe i'm wrong, but i've seen more realistic looking pictures in my 10th grade computer graphics class.

heres the page its from: marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov...

[Edited on 1-22-2004 by dunkleskates]

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 12:53 PM
link   
It kinda does look fake to me.

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Although I dont believe the landing is a hoax. I can agree the pic does smack of a tinge of CGI

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I have worked closely in computer graphics for the last 14 years, especially with 3D rendering and image analysis.

You are wrong, I assure you. These are real.

But you are right, it does look like a render stuck onto a stock picture of mars.

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Maybe just nothing but......

Look at how the red dirt is attached to the deflated airbags. It almost looks like they are mud coated but that would mean that there would have to be water or some form of moisture.

[Edited on 22-1-2004 by BlackJackal]

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I think what makes it look fake is that you are looking at an unordinary background with an unordinary object placed in it. Think of what you would think of a picture of a beach umbrella on a chunk of ice in Antarctica. Everything would look odd and out of place and fake. Its the same effect, IMO.

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Of course it's computer generated, it was taken with a digital camera. It looks like, looking at the sky, the image isn't a high resolution image, that it's colors were scaled down to make the image smaller. Notice how the sky shifts at one point from one solid color to another.

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 01:17 PM
link   
>>Of course it's computer generated, it was taken with a digital camera.

Touche. You've got us there. *applauds*

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 02:17 PM
link   
i think you need to remember that this picture was taken on a different planet - the atmosphere and the light is different etc

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 02:24 PM
link   
See, thats my problem with the pic, its from another planet, it looks too good. A person would think that there would be mo distortion. The pic i have problem with isphotojournal.jpl.nasa.gov...

I mean it loos like the camra is 15 20 feet high, How far the does the camra extend. Anyone that live in the cold knows how electronics work when it is cold, Kinda like a reptile, Very lathargic. It is super cold on mars.

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I believe it to be fake. Why? Think about it. This image is be sent from Mars back to Earth. How can an image be that clear if the darn thing breaks down and we can no longer communicate with it.

Either we put all the money into the picture quality on this thing and nothing else. That would explain why we have lost communication. Or it's a fake.

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Whether fake or real it indicates moisture to me also. In that case how cold is it really there?

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 02:50 PM
link   
average temp on Mars is -55C or -67F

sorry if i misquote

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
Whether fake or real it indicates moisture to me also. In that case how cold is it really there?

I don't think it is cold there at all. If it were wouldn't we see some indication of that?

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Don't know if it's faked or not but...What are these 2 blue lights in the middle ? I just wonder...

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Neo, it's cold. It wouldn't make sense that it would be warmer, because it doesn't have much of an atmosphere, (less than ours), it's quite a bit further from the sun then we are, and it's a desert.

By not having an atmosphere, it cannot contain the heat, thereby warming the planet. Mercury may be the closes to the sun, but Venus is the hottest because of it's atmosphere. Spectographic analysis from telescopes all over the world show that Mars has a thin carbon dioxide atmosphere. You can't believe every astronomer in the world is in on this conspiracy...

The fact that it has little atmosphere, and is farther from the sun then us would mean it would have to be colder then the earth. And if you notice, the poles are frozen all the time. That's just a few thousands of miles difference from the equator. Imagine, then, the temperatures when you get as far away from the sun as Mars is, even with an atmosphere as thick as our own.

The Rover was hot when it hit mars, and there could have been condensation inside of the air bags which, as they deflated, released some of this condensation and caused the dust on the planet to stick to the bags. If the dirt were actually wet, wouldn't there be clumps?

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 03:00 PM
link   
It looks odd cause its a colorized photo with digital errors filled in.

Look at the raw image on the JPL site.

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 05:58 PM
link   
those balloons sure look WHITE!!!

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Looks like a very complex CSO (colour separation overlay) commonly known as "Green screening"

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 06:16 PM
link   
heh thats real alright

im a gamer, do you know how dumb they would be to try to passon fakes??

im sure they would say "computer generated simulation"

what next? the moon is fake

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join