It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Live Riot blog from Burma with Pictures

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by dntwastetime

Forgive my IT illiteracy. I follow the event close too. I stay in a neighboring country and follow the local news on mizzima and irrawaddy. This affects me as much as it do you, my wife was born in Burma.

I HAVE found the Cbox and seen the claims like above posted. Don't get me wrong I'm not saying they're untrue, but in the furore of the moment... who knows anything for sure.

Irrawaddy has a note labeled more than two hours ago on the shooting incident at the said location, but so far no talk of causalties. If they're true they should be confirmed soon.

So far I haven't seen claims of more than 9 dead, 3 confirmed.

Last let me say I'm not trying to highjack anyone or anything. I'm just saying if you want calm discussion based on facts there's the alternative.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 07:01 AM
link   
BBC Reporting

4 People shot dead including 1 Japanese photographer

People shown on TV breaking rocks, presumably to throw at soldiers

[edit on 27/9/07 by Chorlton]

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 07:02 AM
link   
[Hey khunmoon, I totally was wrong about what I said,. i had to edit out my rude remark to you. I know as well, some of us are really worked up over this, and the words can go a flying. It is good to see someone translating the Asian text. I cant read any of it.Even though I am not directly involved, I am studying this event.
DWT

[edit on 27-9-2007 by dntwastetime]

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Some new pictures on the blog now.
Any critisism is founded but not taken notice of. I am afraid that this blog will be closed by the goverment pretty soon. There are many posts there about direct violence and violent tactics against soliders and police.
I will post what I find interesting to preserve in time at ATS.
Thank you for your support.
/Raud

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 07:22 AM
link   
I forwarded the links to the blog and the petition on avaaz to the people in my workgroup and my friends and told them to sign and spread the info.

Hopefully, UNO will do something about this situation, though sadly I have to doubt it.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 07:26 AM
link   
(don't really know what this means but it has been on the CB quite a number of times now)
27 Sep 07, 13:21
J Moe: "YELLOW PEACE WORK FOR THE PEOPLE OF BURMA" TOMORROW – TOPAHYO MRT TO TOPAHYO TEMPLE, 12P.M TO 5P.M. CONTACT NO. 9799 6196, 9221 9586.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 07:26 AM
link   

No offence taken. I just thought this thread was all about pics from the riots (honestly I hadn't noticed the English text in between). But I see it's more than so. Keep it up -- I support blogging.

And now I know what a CB is.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 07:31 AM
link   
NEW BLOGSPOT; NEW PICTURES:

Please go to:
www.drlunswe.blogspot.com...

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 07:36 AM
link   
FYI,

They just reported that

All is quiet in Burma on Fox news,

According to this thread it is anything but quiet.

Just pointing this out for perspective on how it is portrayed in another part of the world.

A brave and good thing, this and other bloggers are doing to get reports out across the world.

UPDATE: coming back from commercial, a news alert and now they say that people were killed in demonstrations in Myanmar....
(about 15 seconds spent on the alert)

In 3 minutes time, 2 entirely different reports and a total of 30 seconds spent on the subject.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 07:41 AM
link   
27 Sep 07, 13:31
J Moe: The Foreign Ministry said in a statement it was "deeply troubled" by the violent suppression of demonstrations in Yangon and urged the generals to be mindful of the impact of its actions on the rest.

Oh yeah, also this:

www.mizzima.com...

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Raud

The Times Online is showing some of the photos on the blog.

This is a good sign that the world is waking up quickly to the awful situation in Burma.

Great work, Raud...

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Still, word is getting out, even if the major news media aren't covering it the Internet community is. With these powerful images and eyewitness stories we can make others more aware and garner more support for the Burmese people.
The longer they hold out, the more international support we can gather and the greater the pressure will be for other nations to intercede on behalf of these courageous, wonderful people.
Like many people, until recently, this was outside of my scope of knowledge. The last uprising there occurred before I was old enough to be politically involved on a national level, let alone an international one.
Now we have the means to educate and inform the majority of the world, to make people aware and get them to act.
Protests are taking place all over the globe and the internet is driving support on several fronts.
Let us hope that the people of Burma can remain strong and the outcome will be satisfying for them.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Here is a 7 min news report from the region:

another video news report:

To locate more video on the situation : Google

edit:add video and link to google vid search = burma (sorted by date, newest videos first)

[edit on 2007/9/27 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 07:51 AM
link   
27 Sep 07, 13:43
lu sein:: Military is trying to pay money to the military follower and ask them to become a fake monk and trying to attack the islam regious. islam religous people from myanmar pls be careful

27 Sep 07, 13:43
komg: I see all from south okkalapa with my eye.They really killed so many.A student and a man near my home die.i feel so sorry now.I want to kill all

Seems like the flow of news coming mainly from usernames "Yune", "mm" and "lerome" has stopped. It more seems like the CB is flooded with some goverment propaganda and/or discussions regarding that. The other CB on the other blog is silent.

Originally posted by masqua

This is a good sign that the world is waking up quickly to the awful situation in Burma.

Great work, Raud...

Thanks, but I did nothing really. Just some ol' ctrl+c and ctrl+v...
Thanks anyway.

[edit on 27-9-2007 by Raud]

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Ok, I call it quit. Seems like there is nothing more to get from ko-htike.blogspot.com... anymore.

I'll scout the net for more info but so does the rest of you I presume.

That thing with the fire truck spraying pestecides makes me very distrubet though. That was sick to the core.

See you all later.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I was disapointed that the CNN broadcast focused on a couple interviews with people that believe peaceful large scale protest have no chance of making a change.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Here's a link to an Australians story of what he has seen in Rangoon.
No news in it, but it does provide some insight into events and the mood of the people. Link

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Redge777

Sorry but in the case of Burma I have to agree that peacefull protest wont do anything at all.
The generals and high command are vicious and have total disregard for human lives. One look at their use of Karen slaves in the South east of the country will show that. They are totally unworried about killing people and have done so in the past.
The only way to rid Burma of them is if China steps in (doubtfull) or if people begin actually fighting back with guns as the ordinary soldiers arent very bright and get paid little.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Chorlton

I can hope and pray, I have read that the soldiers are young, and young can mean brainwashed easier. But maybe they will flip. I understand your point, I am embarresed to admit I just learned about the 3000 deaths in 1988.

God Bless those that are standing for freedom, with the weapon of peace and prayer.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I cropped one of the blog pics:

I see one victim lying on the street, a couple of others are being attacked by the police I suspect, and it appears that there is a soldier carrying a rifle.

The crowd is fleeing and I cannot see any signs of them trying to attack.

It looks like someone is to the right by the tree, but this person is not being herded away, he doesn't appear to be concerned with the victim lying in the street.

The uncropped pic can be found at the blog.

edit:sp

[edit on 2007/9/27 by JacKatMtn]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join