It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What really happened to the SPIRIT ROVER???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Theories everyone...what do you believe has happened to the SPIRIT ROVER?

My theory:

< He is responsible for this!

Click here to hear what he has to say

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 12:18 PM
link   
It was the Super Hydronian Space Modulator!
Oh yeah, and his sidekick K9...

Next he's going to blow up the Earth.

On a serious note though...is there anyone here who wants to go on record that it was aliens who took it out?

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeddicusZulZorander
It was the Super Hydronian Space Modulator!
Oh yeah, and his sidekick K9...

Next he's going to blow up the Earth.

On a serious note though...is there anyone here who wants to go on record that it was aliens who took it out?

LOl, here is a pic of a footprint, taken right before rover was taken out. Post # 337737, submitted by NetStorm-
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Zeddicus, i do believe you are trying to set us up!!

no i won't go on the record and say the aliens did it

but later on when I meet Bugs, I am gonna tell him that Marvin Martian just claimed responsibility on this site!!!!

ooooh..he's gonna be in twouble!!!!!

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 12:24 PM
link   
seeing how they say communications are fine, but the rover just wont send back the scientific info the want, somethings got to be screwy here.

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Posted before but my theory is....

As I have said before I think that Mars has fluctuating gravity. The rover could have just experienced a gravity spike causing the weight of the rover to increase and causing the solar panels or some other part of the rover to break under its increased weight.

Theory Here:

Two years ago, following the detection of a strongly magnetized ancient crust on Mars, David J. Stevenson, professor of planetary science at the California Institute of Technology (Caltech) published a theory that "Mars probably has a liquid, conductive outer core and might have a solid inner core like Earth," in a review article in the journal Nature in 2001. However, if Mars had a core like earths then it would possess atleast a small magnetic field which it does not. The lack of a modern day magnetic field on Mars has until recently been explained away by saying that the core of Mars is completly solid.

According to the data returned by the Mars Global Surveyor, Viking 1 & 2, and the Mars Pathfinder scientists discovered that the core of Mars was completly liquid. If the core is completely made of liquid then the only way to not produce a magnetic field is for the liquid not to be spinning. This none spinning hot liquid would be greatly succeptable to the pull of the suns gravity. If this is true then just as the sun and moon act to create high and low tides on earth the gravity of the sun pulling on a completely liquid core could cause high and low gravity tides by displacing mass to one side of the planet.

This is the reason I beleive so many missions fail, because we do not yet know how to perdict when the gravity will be high, low, or as expected.

Lets say we send a probe up for orbit and it comes in at a high gravity time then the altitude for orbit would need to be higher than orginally calculated and if its not the probe will never achieve orbit and crash to the planet.

have read several times that the orbits of the successful orbiters do have minor fluctuations. The probes that make it to Mars orbit I beleive make it at a normal gravity time when the mass of Mars is evenly distributed and gravity acts as it normally should for the most part.

Phobos cricles Mars every 7.7 hours or roughly 3 times a day. Deimos does so within 35 hours which is incredible rates. This alone is not much info but if you take the idea that both moons are captured asteroids then the speed of the moons seems a little strange.

If you take the example of spinning around with a hold on a rope and at the other end you have tied a brick. You start spinning and pull the brick in closer to you and your spinning and the bricks rotation will increase. Now push it out further than it was to begin with and you will slow back down a little. If you were to continue this cycle of pushing out the brick and pulling it in you would achieve a net speed gain. So is the same with the gravity pull of Mars pushing and pulling on Phobos and Deimos.

Also Phobos has a massively degrading oribit and is doomed to crash into Mars. Phobos is snugging up to the red planet at a rate of 6 feet every 50 or 100 years, I forget exactly which one. Phobos will either crash into Mars in 50 million years or be sheared by the gravity and become a ring.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 12:31 PM
link   
My theory is that the batteries died....you see those wern't reallt solar panels on it, but yeah the batteries dies and no one could be bothered driving out to the middle of the arazona desert to change them

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 12:33 PM
link   
>>My theory is that the batteries died....you see those wern't reallt solar panels on it, but yeah the batteries dies and no one could be bothered driving out to the middle of the arazona desert to change them

Do you really think that?

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I think the power source has probably been drained faster than predicted because of radiation or something.

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
Zeddicus, i do believe you are trying to set us up!!

no i won't go on the record and say the aliens did it

LMAO! No, no set up. Just there have been quite a few people stating that many Mars probes have been take out by ufos/aliens/nasa cover-up. It seems that there is a time limit on the conspiracies. If the probe does not recover in a certain time...someone will state this theory.

I just wondered who might believe in that enough to state such now? Be interesting to see the result.

top topics

join