It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Patterns where there are none dept.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Probably innocuous, but does anyone else think this company has a sinister-looking logo?

I suppose I should give my reasons for thinking it has a sinister appearance. The color scheme and shape of the logo is reminiscent of a Nazi emblem, and it's been mentioned countless times in conspiracy circles that corporations who use triangles/pyramids as logos all have some sort of "Illuminati" connection. I see these trucks in my area all the time. Apparently Bill Gates is on the board of directors, and they have a contract with Walmart. Anyone know anything else about them?

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 01:59 PM
link   
It is probably an innocuous graphic artist design. But it does leave me with an uneasy feeling as well. Why, I don't know.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Maybe it's just the whole swastika resemblance, or perhaps those arrows look like serpent or "demon" tails, and that's triggering a gut reaction. It's a rather clever design either way, with a strong visual impact. Do you see 3 black arrows pointing outward, or 3 white ones pointing in?

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 06:57 PM
link   
And look at this:
en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 9/25/2007 by Teratoma]

[edit on 9/25/2007 by Teratoma]

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Aw come on... Doesn't anyone wanna play "Where's Waldo"?

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Teratoma
The color scheme and shape of the logo is reminiscent of a Nazi emblem...

Politics aside, the Nazis were the modern pioneers of NLP and masters of the art of propaganda. They initiated and created many of the techniques that were then termed "propaganda" but are now the fundamental principals of modern "PR" and mass-marketing.
Whether or not the graphic artist that designed this piece tried to deliberately incorporate Nazi design styles is a matter for speculation.

Originally posted by Teratoma
...and it's been mentioned countless times in conspiracy circles that corporations who use triangles/pyramids as logos all have some sort of "Illuminati" connection.

True, but the triangle or pyramid shape also subliminally suggests the ideas of movement or speed. Again, designed connection to the Illuminati is a debatable issue.

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Truth is, I wholeheartedly agree with every point you make. I work as a graphic designer and some of my work has actually involved direct parody of nazi and communist propaganda poster imagery.

And while I'm inclined to believe in theories about secret, shadow governments, the issue of their symbolism; particularly the whole 'hidden in plain site' notion is one that I'm skeptical yet curious about. SO, when I started noticing these particular trucks driving around with that big swastika like image, it made me think of some sci-fi story about a futuristic society controlled by a nazi-like power, and that logo would be everywhere, like in Pink Floyd's The Wall. Perhaps it's more foreboding in person.

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Hmmm, looking at it again...
The triangle of participants: Customers, Teammates, Shareholders.
= Ein Volk, Ein Reich, Ein Fuhrer?

So, if we accept the premise that this logo is sort of sinister in it's impact:
Do you feel it was intentional?
If so, for what purposes would that serve for a "food service" company?
Or could it be that the emblem designer unwittingly chose a symbolism that they found striking, without regard for the visceral impact?
Could it be that it is completely intentional?
If so, for what reason would such a seemingly innocuous business need such a foreboding icon?

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by passenger
Hmmm, looking at it again...
The triangle of participants: Customers, Teammates, Shareholders.
= Ein Volk, Ein Reich, Ein Fuhrer?

Haha I didn't even think of that!

could it be that the emblem designer unwittingly chose a symbolism that they found striking, without regard for the visceral impact?
Could it be that it is completely intentional?
If so, for what reason would such a seemingly innocuous business need such a foreboding icon?

Those are exactly the questions I suppose my subconscious is asking itself when I see this thing. Still it's hard to imagine that an exchange like this didn't happen:

Mr. McLane: It is my pleasure to unveil our company's brand new logo, nice work, Helmut!

Helmut (Graphic designer): Danke

PR Advisor 1: You know, Mr. McLane, that some people are going to think this looks like a Swastika, particularly with the colors you've chosen. (Ducks and runs away quickly)

PR Advisor 2: Ya. Also with the uniform thickness of the black lines. (Also cowers and takes a cautionary step backwards)

Now what happens next is anyone's guess, but how could at least that much not have happened?

If I were to venture out on a limb and speculate along the more 'paranoid' lines of thought, I'd consider the fact that this company's 'customers' are not consumers. They are other huge corporations. They don't have to worry so much about their public image, their clients aren't going to boycott them for having a creepy logo. And probably subscribe to the same fascist NWO policies.

If Walmart themselves considered a logo like that, they know they'd have to deal with all kinds of questions and complaints from this group or that individual. Having a truck with that logo on it unloading stuff in the back; not so much.

Upstart Young Waldo Hunter: Hey what's with that symbol on those trucks back there? It looks like some kind of Swastika!
Walmart Employee: Huh?

All of this is pretty unlikely, but I can't imagine that I'm the only person having this reaction to this symbol.

I also wanted to point out it's similarity to the chaos symbol.

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Pyramids. One black, one red. Two colors of the occult. Hitler liked the pyramids. Notice how they can deliver goods to all three angles outward from center. and the monolyth which forms the second pyramids shape.
these guys have ufo technology by the way, and hide the shapes of devices or related symbols as their logo to show that they are part of a secret cabal.

logo-opolis.blogspot.com

[edit on 11-10-2007 by mastermind77]

[edit on 11-10-2007 by mastermind77]

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 01:23 PM
link   

pagan symbol for travel

not really THAT cool but it could be an influence.

isn't it funny that once one starts looking for 'secret' symbols, one finds them everywhere. lol.

good thread

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Thanks for your input, everyone. As far as it's resemblance to the pagan travel symbol goes, I think the McLane logo stems from the same basic idea. The arrows represent "distribution". I think if you put x number of people from different backgrounds together and asked them each to create a symbol for 'distribution', a large number of them would come up with something like this. I also think the three lines that form the center point look like the corner of a carton or box - if this was intentional then I think this logo is even more clever. If innocuous, perhaps they thought the aesthetic appeal did outweigh it's visceral resemblance to anything evil. Of course the "cube" is also considered an esoteric symbol, and could have been included for that reason.

these guys have ufo technology by the way, and hide the shapes of devices or related symbols as their logo to show that they are part of a secret cabal.

These guys? McLane specifically, or just 'huge corporations' in general? Not that I agree or disagree one way or another, but can you elaborate?

[edit on 10/12/2007 by Teratoma]

join