It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Angencies that have a strikeforce?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Just wanted to update myself on this;
What US govermental agencies have their own strikeforce and what are their names?

I am aware of that FBI, DEA and ATF have SWAT-like forces under their command. I almost included the CIA but I guess they mainly use military personel like the Delta Force and that is not what I mean. I mean agencies that have their own troops.
Does DHS or NSA have their own?

Please, anyone?

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Raud

CIA does have a paramilitary force, it's under the Special Activities Division.

It consists of CIA civilian paramilitary personnel, contracted personnel, and occaisionally augmented by military personnel.

NSA does not have a paramilitary force. Just the security force at the headquarters and the various operations building in the vicinity.

Dunno about DHS.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Raud

DHS is more of a coordinating agency for numerous other agencies. It's not one monolithic agency like the FBI/NSA/Etc.... though. Each of the agencies with tactical units have different mission statements though. The CIA's paramilitary forces don't operate CONUS. The FBI's HRT is their counterterror unit. The DEA/US Marshal's SOG are law enforcement oriented, the DOE's NEST teams are Anti-Terror at Power Plants/Nuclear material recovery teams. The NSA/NRO are analysis agencies, and have no tactical missions.

[edit on 26-9-2007 by BlueRaja]

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Alright! That sorted things out. Thank you for the info, sounds like you know your stuff.

Humoristic footnote:
The russian eqvivalent of the IRS have their own strikeforce with camo uniforms, black hoods and AK47. Seems like they have some frequent tax-collecting issues over there...

top topics

join