It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

~COMPLETE~What Is Really In Our Food ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 08:50 AM
link   
ADHD Caused by certain food chemicals.

It is more than 30 years since an American scientist, Ben Feingold, first suggested that artificial food colors and other additives caused overactive, impulsive and inattentive behavior in children; this sort of hyperactivity is known to be a marker for later educational difficulties, especially problems with reading, and antisocial behavior.

The UK Goverment recently commissioned a research project with the soul perpose of finding out if certain food chemiclas are directly responcable for some a large amount of ADHD cases. They found out that alot of non-organic* foods had a detrimental effect on a childs behavior. This may sound like good news, bt its not, we have known this for a very long time and nothing has ever been done. Groups such as the Hyperactive Childrens Support Group have ben argueing for a long time that eliminating junk food can dramaticlly improve a childs behavior pattern.

This is a direct quote from Professor Jim Stevenson.

it provided a clear demonstration that changes in behavior could be detected in three-year-old and eight-year-old children who consumed a mix of additives.

The additives that these children were exposed to were not rare, these were the type of additives youve had whilst eating your cereal this morning, your lunch, the point is that they are every where. One point that i think i should STRONGLY point out is NON of these additives are found in organic food.

Since Feingold’s original work, behavioral problems among schoolchildren have risen, as have diagnoses of attention deficit and hyperactivity disorder. Estimates of numbers of children suffering from full ADHD vary: one UK survey estimates that 2.5% of British schoolchildren are affected, and international studies put the figure at 5-10%.

The UK Government’ Food Standards Agency (FSA), which commissioned the study, was taking a cautious line yesterday. Professor Ieuan Hughes, the chairman of its expert committee on the toxicity of chemicals in food (CoT), said that since some children in the study reacted significantly to the additives but others did not.

So that must mean if one kid falls on the floor in pain and then gets up and is hyper for 6 hours it doesnt matter because 10 children were fine. If 1 child has an adverse reaction to any thing that gets put in food it should be with drawn, unfortunatly our goverments do not have the same mentality.

The FSA revised its official advice, but only to suggest that parents who think their children show signs of hyperactive behavior should avoid foods containing artificial colors and the preservative sodium benzoate by checking labels.

O wait theres a bit on the FSA home page with reads...

many of the products which contain these additives - sweets, cakes, ice cream and drinks - are sold without labels.

So cheak the labels, the labels that dont excist ? O well just give it to oyur kid and if he/she is ill, o well you wont give it to them again, that amkes sence....right ?

The FSA has also not issued advice to schools on whether the additives should be banned from school food but advised concerned parents to ask head teachers.

Now i belive ive already said in a post some where that a school in Wales topped giving there pupils additives and the behavior massivly increased. Now i know that, you know that, the FSA knows that. So why isnt the FSA doing any thing ? Ill add an external quote in below from another case.

Head teachers who have worked to remove additives from school meals said the research vindicated their efforts. Alan Coode, former head of a primary school in Merton, said: “We knew this all along. When we changed our school meals and removed additives there was a new calmness to the school. The science has just caught up.”

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 08:59 AM
link   
ADHD....agian, i aint stopping until YOU know the facts, This is all for YOU.

The FSA has been considering the safety of these additives since 2000.

7 years and no bans ! for 7 years the FSA has known that these chemicals may be harmful to us and yet they've never doen any thing, has your child been ill from some form of additives within the last 7 years ? Well they knew and they did nothing. It is disgracful, they desevre to be made to eat there own food, i wonder how many of them eat Organic food.

The food industry said it was already removing many artificial colorings. It argues that avoiding sodium benzoate is more difficult because it stops drinks that may have a shelf life of several years going off. The preservative is still very widely used, particularly by soft drinks manufacturers.

The Food industery is trying to remove chemicals, O right so i havnt just made an entire research project based on there use in today foods? They arnt going to stop these chemiclas, if/when they have to stop its going to be hard for every one, them for money us to get adjusted to the short life of food.

Want a reason why they arnt going to stop in a hurry ?

The global additives market is worth more than $25bn (£12.4bn) a year. It grew by 2.4% a year between 2001 and 2004, when the food industry says it was transforming itself, and is growing rapidly.

Thats one.

Alot Of Information Found At This Site

(the last 2 posts with the name ADHD in the bold title are dedicated to ATS member mrsdudara)

[edit on 27-9-2007 by ProTo Fire Fox]

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Links to helpful sites on this subject.

Links to useful sites about E Numbers.

E Numbers, site 1
E Numbers, site 2
E Numbers, site 3
E Numbers, site 4
E Numbers, site 5

Links to the FSA.

FSA, site 1
FSA, site 2
FSA, site 3
FSA, site 4

Links to Super Food.

Super Food, site 1
Super Food, site 2
Super Food, site 3

Links to Hemp Seeds.

Hemp seeds, site 1
Hemp seeds, site 2
Hemp seeds, site 3 [mod edit: link removed]
Hemp seeds, site 4

Links to Pesticide sites.

Pesticides, site 1
Pesticides, site 2
Pesticides, site 3
Pesticides, site 4

GM Food site links.

GM, site 1
GM, site 2
GM, site 3

Stevia site links.

Stevia, site 1
Stevia, site 2
Stevia, site 3
Stevia, site 4

Aspartame site links.

Aspartame, site 1
Aspartame, site 2
Aspartame, site 3
Aspartame, site 4
Aspartame, site 5

ADHD site links.

ADHD, site 1
ADHD, site 2
ADHD, site 3
ADHD, site 4

Those are some sites i thought may be helpful.

Please read the below messages.

On another note, i was hoping that some people here on ATS could send me a U2U with some infomation on it. Please state.

Where you live. (country)
Look at a simple food, e.g. cheese, and send me a U2U containing some of the additives & E numbers in it.

Thanks for the masive amount of U2U's ive received from members saying that they like this project, i thank you all.

[edit on 28-9-2007 by ProTo Fire Fox]

[edit on 28-9-2007 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Look after your baby.

I was thinking ive been going on about me and you, so what about newly borns, body that is litraly just developing.

The following is 9 reasons why to give your newly organic food.

1. Its Healthy : On average, organic food contains higher levels of vitamin C and essential minerals such as calcium, magnesium, iron and chromium as well as cancer-fighting antioxidants.
  2. NO additives: Organic food doesn't contain food additives which can cause health problems such as heart disease, osteoporosis, migraines and hyperactivity. Amongst the additives banned by the Soil Association are hydrogenated fat, aspartame (artificial sweetener) and monosodium glutamate.
  3. Gm ? whats that ? : Genetically modified (GM) crops and ingredients are not allowed under organic standards.
  4. Too much drugs use : There is growing concern about the high use of antibiotics on farm animals and the possible effects on human health. Soil Association standards prohibit the routine use of antibiotics.
  5. Hidden costs ? None : Compare this with the £120m that tax payers fork out to pay for removing chemicals from drinking water, mainly as a result of the pesticides used in farming.
  6. High standards : Organic food comes from trusted sources. All organic farms and food companies are inspected at least once a year. The standards for organic food are laid down in European law.
  7. Look after my animals : Animal welfare is taken very seriously under organic standards. The benefits of the organic approach are acknowledged by animal welfare organisations such as Compassion in World Farming as well as the UK government.
  8. Good for wild life, and the enviroment : The UK government has said that organic farming is better for wildlife, causes lower pollution from sprays, produces less carbon dioxide - the main global warming gas - and less dangerous wastes.
  9. Tatses so darn good : Many people prefer organic food because they say it tastes better. A number of top chefs choose organic, and every year many are involved in the Soil Association's organic food awards.

As you can see, there are a couple of reasons to choose organic. One of the only ways to stop the use of additives is to not buy any products with them, go organic and the big cmopanys will ahve to follow suit.

There are 10 foods that you should avoid like the black death. These are.

Pepperidge Farm Roasted White Meat Chicken Premium Pot Pie.
McDonald’s Chicken Selects Premium Breast Strips.
The Cheesecake.
Dove Ice Cream.
Starbucks Venti (20 oz.) Caffè Mocha.
Fresh Chicken & Broccoli Pasta.
Burger King Quad Stacker.
Campbell's Chunky, Select, and red-and-white-label condensed soups.
Chipotle Chicken Burrito.
Mint Chip Dazzler at Häagen-Dazs.

the reasons why you have to avoid them are Here, also there are 10 good foods along side them.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 08:56 AM
link   
This is URGENT.

My research project will be finshed this monday, that is my closeing date, with work and other prior engagements i figure that i only have 9 hours left to do research. I posted that i needed some people to send me a U2U with some infomation, if i dont get any thing back this is going to stop, i am really running out of things to post before i start repeating my self, i want to keep it fresh and to keep the level of work at the standard that you all deserve.

So please, send me a U2U saying.

Where you live, (as in country)
Then choose a item of food* and send me a U2U containing some of the E numbers and additives that are writen on the back of the item of food.

*choose a simple every day food, bread, milk, cheese.

This project was made for you, and can only continue with YOUR help.

[edit on 28-9-2007 by ProTo Fire Fox]

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 02:47 PM
link   
23 flags, good for a first project, its all done now. Ive spent all the time on it that i can. I hope you all enjoyed reading what i posted, and i heop it made you relsie what you were eating you makes you change for the better.

Thanks for the great responce and stay safe every one.

ProTo Fire Fox

top topics

<< 1   >>

join