It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romanian Women has 175 Pound Tumor Removed.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I will post the story in its entirity because you have to register with the La Times to get it from their site.

A team of Romanian and U.S. doctors said they had removed a tumor weighing 175 pounds from a female patient in a 10-hour operation.

Lucica Bunghez, 47, had been largely confined to bed because of the tumor, which weighed almost double the rest of her body and covered her back, waist and hips, doctors said.

"She is very well. The lack of the tumor really suits her," said Ion Lascar, head of the plastic surgery department of Floreasca Hospital in Bucharest. Larger tumors have been removed from other people, with the record topping 300 pounds

Here is the link just in case you want to register.

www.latimes.com...

I saw a Guiness Book of World Record special on the 300 pound tumor. They said that the thing had started to grow hair and teeth as well as other organs.

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Here is what a 17.6 pounds Tumor looks like so imagine what a 175 pound tumor looks like

EDIT* More Pictures here www.cosmeticbody.com...

[Edited on 22-1-2004 by BlackJackal]

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 10:02 AM
link   
my gods.....
Thinking of a 175 pound tumor, much less a 300 pound one.... I'm speechless

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 10:03 AM
link   
ugh... thats nasty.

God, I hope I never get a tumor, or have to die from cancer.

*shudder*

if I do
Kill me quick, please.

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Oh my... that's gross
I can't image carrying that around

[Edited on 22-1-2004 by KillerD]

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Jesus Christ!!!
. 175 Pounds.... I mean holy #
. How the hell ....I mean man I dont even know what to say.

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 10:08 AM
link   
How could you let it go that long without thinking hey, maybe somethings going on here, lets go see a doctor. Or at least think, "Hey, I probably look horrid walking around with this 18lb tumor on my face, let's get it removed!"

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Well at least she didn't have a 5 foot long colon.

www.roadsideamerica.com...

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I'm eating spagetti atm, no way in hell I'm clickn that link right now.

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 10:14 AM
link   
lol, it's not that bad, lysergic, but you best not.

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 10:16 AM
link   
bah, that was nothing my sick imagination had already pictured a man, naked of course, legs apart and 2-3 ft hose sticking out his anus.

I'll go over to my corner now.

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by parrhesia
lol, it's not that bad, lysergic, but you best not.

Hell...not that bad!?! I sure don't want a build up of 40 pounds of sh1t in me.

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Those images really make me appreciate my good health. I've always had a fear of tumors.

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
bah, that was nothing my sick imagination had already pictured a man, naked of course, legs apart and 2-3 ft hose sticking out his anus.

I'll go over to my corner now.

ah. lol, now it's understandable why you wouldn't want to look!

I wouldn't want a build up for 40 lbs of # in me, either, Jonna, lol, but I've seen worse. ick

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Now that's just nasty.

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I'm going to change my avatar to that pic
Not really..

[Edited on 22-1-2004 by KillerD]

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ocelot

Now that's just nasty.

hell yeah i was in no way going to click that link while eating lol

man that neck # still trips me out, while I was smoking I kept thinking about some throat cancer lol

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 10:34 AM
link   

hell yeah i was in no way going to click that link while eating lol

man that neck # still trips me out, while I was smoking I kept thinking about some throat cancer lol

Then stop smoking. You dont want to get a 100 pound tumor on your neck.

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 10:42 AM
link   
If the 175 was all tumor that's impressive. Alot of people lose 50 or 100 pounds including fluid, just from an 8 or 10 pound tumor (more common that you think).

My Mom was a tiny woman to look at, but had an 8 pound tumor, and lost 50 on the table (fluid). It's really hard to tell you have one until it's like sticking out. The fluid makes you gain all over, so it's not like being pregnant and sticking out.

I realize if you're still young gaining 50 or 100 pounds and thinking it's normal seems impossible to you right now....

Just wait.
Mwwwah ha ha ha.

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Since we are on topic of strange things to do with the human body

I bet this guy has a splitting headache.

The largest object removed from a human skull is a 20.32-cm (8-inch) survival knife, which was plunged into the head of 41-year-old Michael Hill on April 25, 1998. Michael survived the ordeal and the next day astonished doctors by functioning normally, although it was soon clear the knife had caused permanent damage to his memory and paralyzed his left hand. Looking back on the nightmare, the father-of-one says, "I didn't feel the pain initially and it was only when I was at the hospital that it hit me and I felt like my eyes were bulging out. I know people in worse shape than me now and so I consider myself lucky."

Click here for Picture

<<   2 >>

join