It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More evidence of outright LYING by Bush and his cronies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 08:33 AM
link   
From www.misleader.org...:

Bush Talks Job Training in Address, But Cuts Funds

President Bush is visiting Ohio today to trumpet a $500 million job training/education proposal announced in his State of the Union address.1 But the president has recently proposed to cut almost $700 million out of the same job training and education programs he is now touting.

As part of his new proposal, Bush said last night "I propose increasing our support for America's fine community colleges."2 Last year, however, the president sought to cut $230 million out of vocational/community college education, along with "eliminating funding for technical education."3. When lawmakers tried to restore the cuts in April, Bush was adamant that the cuts be preserved, and his allies in the Senate voted down the funding.4 The president also recently eliminated all $225 million in funding for youth job training grants.5

The other key piece of Bush's proposal involves college funding. The president said last night, "I propose larger Pell grants for students." But he did not mention his recent decision to "cut the Pell Grant program by $270 million"6 - a move his own Education Department admits will cut off 84,000 students, and reduce grants for "an additional one million students."7

Sources:
Fact Sheet: Jobs for the 21st Century, 01/21/2004.
State of the Union Address, 01/21/2004.
Community College Week, 02/17/2003.
Community College Week, 04/14/2003.
Bush Credibility Gap, 2004.
Chicago Tribune, 08/04/2003.
Chronicle of Higher Education, 08/01/2003.

But remember, he's done wonderful things to help out working people, students, and the less-fortunate. He cares about you SO MUCH because he's a "compassionate conservative." It HAS to be true -- he says it is!

Except his word isn't worth its own weight in donkey #...

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 08:47 AM
link   
His bait and switch, plunder then pander theme is disgusting to anyone willing to see it. Yet so many are so invested in the Bush regime now....NOTHING, no fact, no speech, no quote, not even their own eyes will let them see.

I was laughing my azz off during his SOTU address when he said "more money for colleges" and the Democrats stood laughing and clapping, and the Republicans just SAT there... looking around like "I didn't get THAT memo."

It's all about the RE-ELECTION. Principles be damned. Bush never had any anyway. Pro-big government, pro-immigrant, drunken sailor, spend monkey BUSH.

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
I was laughing my azz off during his SOTU address when he said "more money for colleges"

I threw things at the TV.

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I just sat and cursed him as the unadulterated Demon-LIAR that he is, along with demons Cheney, Rumsfeld, Condi, and Colin.

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Thanks for the link and info, I'm spreading the FACTS to everyone I know. I just can't even think what will happen if Bush gets re-elected (can I say re-elected?). What will it take to get people to see that Bush and his cronies are not nice peeps. Truly these are dark days for America. I urge people to vote for ANYONE but Bush.

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
I just sat and cursed him as the unadulterated Demon-LIAR that he is, along with demons Cheney, Rumsfeld, Condi, and Colin.

Did anyone else notice that every time the camera showed Condi or Colin, they both looked like they were about to go ape-# on someone?

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by sminneman

Originally posted by Colonel

Did anyone else notice that every time the camera showed Condi or Colin, they both looked like they were about to go ape-# on someone?

They looked like thery were ready to kill! I'm glad I'm not the only one that caught that.

[Edited on 22-1-2004 by Colonel]

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 09:46 AM
link   
The whole audience looked miserable. The media picked up on Teddy and Hillary, but come on... that was a snooze fest.

Which is bizarre since they usually plant some doe eyed young rube to gaze adoringly at Bush. Did you see the kids talking and looking around. And those three military guys? They were not exactly at attention, or even paying attention. (Plus I think the one on the left was gay.) Shhh - Don't ask, don't tell.

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Yeah that was really weird. I wonder why that was. LOL!

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
I was laughing my azz off during his SOTU address when he said "more money for colleges"

I threw things at the TV.

I didn't get to the point of throwing stuff at the the TV but I cursed them all to hell. Both Demoncracks and Repugnants.

[Edited on 22-1-2004 by Ocelot]

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by RANTAnd those three military guys? They were not exactly at attention, or even paying attention.

To me they look fairly disgusted...aswell as not paying attention..

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by McGotti
To me they look fairly disgusted...aswell as not paying attention..

I think almost everyone else there was disgusted at some point during the speech.

top topics

join