It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Police Story!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 01:37 AM
link   
With all the talk of "martial law" being implemented and the current rash of what seems to be POLICE BRUTALITY, I thought it would be interesting to ask the community to share their personal encounters with police, good or bad.

Let's go story for story. Let's try and keep this thread focused.

Go ahead, VENT or PRAISE.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Shouldnt this be moved to another area??

I will add 1. ya i have a few...

I was driving this black person home from work near a mall we live at.. anyway we have to go thru this town to get to where we live. Anyway the polce stop us and bug us about drugs and make us get out of the car..

My passenger door sticks.. without thinking like everyone else who goes to the door I go to open it while saying "woo man the door sticks.. Let me get it for........" The other cop puts a gun to my face and makes me go to the ground like i just robbed a bank or something...

And the police have a history across the river here to hate black people..

The paper here quoted the chief in its entirety in a paper that he said the N-word.

So these actions didn't surprise me.. but the gun in the face did.. pissed me off to the point that I wouldn't get my car inspected so they had a reason to pull me over...

Anyway this should be moved. i don't think it should be here..

But on the flip side.. I am good friends wit most of the cops where i live.. I make my kids have respect for them...

[edit on 9/24/2007 by ThichHeaded]

[edit on 9/24/2007 by ThichHeaded]

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 02:05 AM
link   
I have the highest respect and gladitude for 95 percent of all peace officers. 99 percent of you don't have to worry about getting popped by some meth or crack head every day you get dressed for work. Sure, there will always be a few bad eggs. If you treat them with respect and don't cop an attitude they will treat you in kind. Just my 2cents. I'm glad they keep my neighborhood well patrolled. And when my Mom died in her house in 2003 they hugged me and let me cry all over 'em. It's a job, a tough job.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by jpm1602
I have the highest respect and gladitude for 95 percent of all peace officers. 99 percent of you don't have to worry about getting popped by some meth or crack head every day you get dressed for work. Sure, there will always be a few bad eggs. If you treat them with respect and don't cop an attitude they will treat you in kind. Just my 2cents. I'm glad they keep my neighborhood well patrolled. And when my Mom died in her house in 2003 they hugged me and let me cry all over 'em. It's a job, a tough job.

We all realize that. Let's go story for story like I said before without any interruptions except to clarify details. Thank you.

I have a few good and bad that I'll elaborate on in the morning. For now the girlfriend is hissing....

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 05:40 AM
link   
I've had a few run in's with cops...earliest one I will not elaborate on the details..but it resulted in having 3 cops pointing their guns at me...and I was completely unarmed...

Most recent incident involved a friend of my 17 year old daughter,who decided to run away from home.This girl does come from a stable environment..just felt like rebelling against her parents over her curfew, boyfriend,etc...
She was missing for 3 days when the police came to our home to ask if we had seen her...now this was OK with me...I fully understand.We had not seen nor heard from her,but I took the name and number of the officer..and went about my day...
That evening another cop showed up asking the same things....and the next day..2 more cops show up...This starts to border on harrassment.
The final straw for me was the third day of this...girl had been missing for 6 days...and we knew nothing of her whereabouts....
The police show up at my door..at midnight...I was already in bed...but my son was awake after coming home from work...
They treatened him,saying he would be charged if we were either hiding her or withholding information.WTF!
I had been as co operative as I possibly could and they show up all testosterone and threaten my son, not even asking to speak to me..at midnight no less!
That was it...I called the police station more livid than I have been in years..and damn did I let them have an ear full.I have not had a cop show up since then...despite the fact the girl has runaway twice since that incident.
No offence to any Police officers here...but the ones in my city are A holes to the max...

[edit on 24-9-2007 by AccessDenied]

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 08:11 AM
link   
The only run in I had with the police was being mistaken for some theif who had robbed somebody and was the same height and had the same hair as me, I was freakin' out 'cause I never had been through bein' searched by anyone or havin' a gun pointed at me , they made me lay on the ground and the even checked near my privates to see if anything was there, I felt violated. I can never look at a cop the same again, I still respect what they do and how they make our lives safer , but sometimes they just over do it

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I've never had any trouble with the police. I think most of them are honest and good.

The problem is that the one bad cop is going to be the one you will most likely be dealing with because he is going to go out of his way to pull you over for a made up reason just so he can harass you.

The honest cop will see that you are not doing anything wrong and never pull you over. So you will probably never even see him.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I've had a few run ins with police for various reasons...

I was raised by a Policeman and he was an amazing guy. He taught me everything a father would teach his own son even though I was just a neighbor. He was truly serving his community by giving a kid from a single parent home somebody to look up to. Our block was safe from all kinds of stuff going on around us because his cop car stood in the driveway. I had nothing but the utmost respect for law enforcement until I ran into them in another jurisdiction and ON duty.

A lot of my friends and I were having a meet up because we all had nice cars. We all had terrible jobs and it was our only escape to have a little "show" for everyone to see we weren't totally useless.. We used to meet up at a construction company every Friday night around 8:00pm in the industrial part of town because it had a huge parking lot and was well lit and out of everyone's way. There was no sneakiness about it since it was right off the freeway and right next to a 711 and we'd been there 10 times with no complaints... About 20 minutes into it we saw few policemen trolling the streets and we didn't worry about it because he was just doing his job, making sure everything was legit etc... out of NOWHERE there's 4 or 5 policemen that had surrounded us with NO lights, just some really ridiculous Dukes of Hazzard # from all directions. 9 out of 12 or so of us had our HOODS UP, and were just taken back by what had just happened.

I was the on the outside of the group with my hood up and going to put it down because I was leaving shortly anyway to go to dinner (with a blind date no less) and an officer was parked in front of me. I was standing outside of my car and put my hood down and as soon as I shut it I turn around to "Freeze, god damn it!" and I have a Glock in my face. Not pointed at me... IN MY FACE. I lose my # and start asking him "Why the F# do you have a gun in my face you F# P#? I'm not doing anything wrong!!!" My date starts crying and he backs off me, trains the gun at the car where she's at. I tell him to "Lower your gun, Magnum PI, It's just a F# girl!" He orders her out of the car and cuffs me.

I look at my friends and they're all sitting on a curb that separates a wide open parking lot and a 711. They're either handcuffed or zip tied. They go through every one of our cars looking for "drugs." They even called in a k-9 unit and found NOTHING (because we're not losers). I was glaring at the idiot that got hero on me and he was walked over behind one of the squad cars and seemed to be reprimanded for his actions but I myself nor my date received an "I'm sorry, that was unprofessional.” But they did however give us a $40.00 trespassing ticket for being on a privately owned parking lot without permission from the company.

The second run in was when I bought my second Mustang 5.0 from Sacramento California after I was hit and run, totaling my PRESTINE 91' 5.0 that I almost got shot for at 7/11 a few months prior. Haha... An accident in which it took them 10 minutes to respond (with substations of both offices 3 minutes away for city and 5 minutes away for the Sheriff) to because of "jurisdiction issues." They looked for the guy for 10 minutes, filed a police report with description of the OBVIOUS vehicle and didn't hear anything else about it... I digress... I bought a temporary transport tag from California and was driving my car back to Utah. I had no problems what so ever until I reached Salt Lake where I am almost immediately pulled over after driving 740 miles from a DMV in Sacramento. I am stopped for a total of 1 hour and 22 minutes!! I had the initial policeman call back up and they proceeded to search my vehicle after I "refused" making me "suspicious." They found nothing because I'm not a low life. Just an average citizen trying to live in peace with some sort of comfort like everybody else... A third policeman pulled up and looked at my paperwork, asked me what had happened, and let me go WITHIN 5 MINUTES!!! After the hassle, the attitude, and the obvious disregard for me as a citizen I get no apology. Nothing.

My resentment for the fine policeman of my state rapidly growing....

I had just put a new transmission and rear end gears in the mustang (pre-warming awareness haha...) and if you've done this and don't make sure the speedometer cable is tight it fluctuates out of control. I was doing a VERY SLOW jot around my neighborhood to make sure everything was running efficiently and saw a police car in a driveway and thought nothing of it because I was going really slow trying to listen to any grinding, pinging, BREAKING.. I drive by and he pulls out of his neighborhood like he's hot on a bank robber’s tail or something... Pulls me over, I pull over right away...

"Do you know how fast you were going?"

"Yes... Probably 25-30 miles an hour. I just put new tranny and rear end gears in this beast and my speedometer is jumping around like crazy... I'll show you."

*Rev in drive* Needle Bounces up to 30 and back down to rest*

"Great. Yeah. 30."

"I just live right down the street and have been working on this thing for 2 weeks. Making sure it doesn't blow up, officer. I always follow the speed limit, especially in my neighborhood" (Brutal Honesty)

"License and registration."

*5 minutes later*

"So here's a ticket for 5 over, it's not a 'fix-it-ticket' because you WERE speeding, sign here showing .....Etc"

After his reckless fishtail out of a F#'ing driveway to catch a damn good community member for 30 over he doesn't bat an eye at giving me a 80 dollar ticket.

So this has taught me to only give respect when given. Don't assist them unless they do the same for you. Play the game they play and see how they like it. Oh, and since I haven't slowed down on foot or vehicle from that point on... I haven't had a ticket since. Make them earn it...

There's a grip more too. If police think they have an advantage in any situation, they'll take it. Not because it's right, not because it's just, but because it's easiest for them. Their quota' and job security. These people have a moral obligation to not "patrol" a particular neighborhood keeping it safe from the 1% but to elevate the community with positivity in their actions for the 99%.

I went from doing everything I could to aid them to being absolutely suspicious of every single one of them. I'm not alone either...

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I live in Malaysia. I've never had a good encounter with a cop except once. That one time they were extra friendly because I was with a white friend. Yeah that's right, I had a white friend with me then. Chris Rock was right.

If you're white or an Arab, come and visit Malaysia. They'll worship the ground you walk on.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Snap

Very true but there's something wrong with that. We should be given nothing but the respect and dignity we deserve from all of our officers. They have a rough job. It's also what they signed up for. I don't think we should be disrespected in our own communities because they've had a bad day, or a bad life, or a miserable time in high school. They need to seperate their emotions from their work. I think we all know how out of hand something can get if we started giving everyone at work lip because we were having a bad day...

There should be a brand new system of checks and balances for anyone in a position of authority over another ones safety, property, or lives. Those of us on ATS.com have seen what kind of reckless acts these officers are capable of because of their JOB title. Even your average citizen is exposed to the complete disregard for those people the law is supposed to be protecting. Cops killing people with tasers, black kids in New York getting shot 81 times, policemen macing children and pregnant women. These men and women "policing" us are just humans. And these fellow human beings need to be watched over even more so then those they're "protecting" because our limitations are very strict, there's seem to be increasingly relaxed.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 08:38 PM
link   
And those getting stars for putting estimated percentage ratios for good : bad is ridiculous. Our current situation is what it is and there's no easy way to "sum it all up."

Give respect where respect is due.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Well, I have a story, well a few, but only one that I will share.

During a mostly peaceful protest last summer (2006) I was chared with some things, mostly small things, a few biggies, not the point, I dont care about the charges, what I care about is the fact that after that protest, most of the group that wasnt arrested went back to camp. We were camping on a native reservation and had full permision to be there, the cops on the other hand had no juristiction, and were not allowed on the land, but that didnt stop them form coming the first night and take 2 people, handcuff them, and drive away with them, I am not sure on the full details of what happened to them, because I never saw them again, but thats only because the cops wouldnt let them come back, but I spent the next 2 weeks camping, surrounded by cops 24/7, on a side note, it was one of the best 2 weeks of my life, very life changing, but also very terrifying, because we could have been raided any night, anyone who tried to leave would be arrested, so that cut us off from any new water, food, gas, shower, and indoor plumbing. Now, because the whole thing was to keep us quiet and for the story not to get out to much, they would only arrest a few of us at a time, we decided, to all go out at once, because there was to many of us to have a quiet arrest, one that wouldnt make the news, well, we drove out what I think was a tuesday morning, 8 cars and one bus, and we all headed for the boarder of the province, for a long time there were police cars following us, but after we reached the provincial limits, they couldnt follow us anymore.

So thats my police story, if anyone wants to know any more info, u2u me, as I dont want to share it publicaly over the board.

new topics

top topics

join