It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientific proof, Monks levitated mega ton boulders?? You decide

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tomis_Nexis

Originally posted by yuefo
Will I be first to point out that there's a big difference in styrofoam exposed to sound waves in a small box and mega-ton boulders? As soon as I read "scientific proof," I knew there wouldn't be any.

You have to start somewhere. When someone said "we need something that can fly us around the world" the wright brothers and there attempt...you don't think they thought "there's got to be a way to speed this up" in time, in time it will unfold.

We expect so much in our minor life times.

If there were claims of supersonic aircraft built by isolated tribes 100 years before the Wright brothers then I would be equally sceptical.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by john_bmth

The point here is, these gigantic masses as at Baalbek, were indeed transported, without traces of massive structures or other arrangements for the transportation effort. All we can today see, are the actual assemblies and quarries, and some unfinished blocks.

The records on Tibetan monks using instruments and sound are just one hint to the direction of understanding the methods our ancestors used, to accomplish such a feat our current technologies cannot match.

How would sound levitate the object? References discussed, so far has been about acoustic pressure. This is the simple explanation, and indeed would only entertain a modest mass - in comparison with the monoliths, which weigh in tens or hundreds of tons kg (largest block at Baalbek is estimated at just a bit larger than 1200 tons). However, research on quantum physics, and in particular the Casimir force, has clearly indicated a repulsive force - i.e. levitation. And at the same time, this force being equally producible through phonons - i.e. acoustic waves at specific frequencies. These are current scientific facts.

Now, this is not even close to a final proof, that these monoliths we can see around the world, would've been handled using this force. It is just a small step of our current science into the direction, which may reveal fairly simple techniques and arrangements allowing almost "magical" results. And allow us, at some point, consider moving such blocks as at Baalbek, by our technology, and get in par with the ancient dynasties finally.

Then again, you might heard of flying stones at Pune, India. And there, you do not even need sound. Just touch the stones, to make them fly. So, there must be something more ...

Pune stones

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by deckdel

It's an enormous leap to go from levitating styrofoam with air pressure to levitating 1,200 tonne boulders. That's like saying that a top tennis player with a 100mph serve could launch an object into space if his/her technique was perfected. That's not me being facetious, that's the level of extrapolation we're talking here. Not only that, but by invoking Occam's razor there is absolutely no reason why such a mysterious technique that has no basis in science can be used as a plausible explanation as to how the rocks got there. Like I said in my previous post, try blasting sine tones of varying frequencies on some full range speakers and see if anything levitates (it won't).
edit on 3-4-2011 by john_bmth because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join