It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paddy field art in Japan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Japanese field ART Hello Science board. I saw this via cropcircleconnector website. Do you think this is real? Or is this a photoshop fake?
I would see a good way of crop rotating the soil with this method of farming. Does that matter with rice? I know it is growing in water, I am not a science expert. I just though I would post here.
DWT

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 02:33 PM
link   
That's pretty cool!

Looks pretty real to me. Plus, I've actually seen different coloured rice plants. But usually the darker ones are grown on hilltops whilst the greener ones grow in flooded fields.

Anyway, I searched for more info about this on Google and came up with this news article from The Japan Times:

Homegrown art

When is a paddy not a paddy? When it's a canvas, of course. But as staff writer YOKO HANI discovered in northern Aomori Prefecture, what's nice to look at is rice to eat as well.

Mysterious "corn circles" of incredible complexity that appear overnight, or a baseball park as in the 1989 film "Field of Dreams" — who knows what you might come across in your local rural idyll these days.

But travel some 600 km north of Tokyo, then take a drive off the beaten track. There, in a village in verdant Aomori Prefecture, who would ever expect to find exquisite Edo Period artworks sprouting amid a swaying green sea of enormous rice paddies?

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Great thread!

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 02:35 PM
link   
awesome, it almost looks photoshopped
still cool though

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 08:48 PM
link   
um, it's real...it even explains how and why it's done on the page.
very cool find.

top topics

join