It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Get to see F-22 flying often

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I work in Marrietta GA near Dobbins airbase and see the Raptor quite often with a chase by an F-16.

There are F-18s and C-130s almost everyday with the occasional C-5 thrown in.

The F-22 is a large plane in comparison to the F-18s and it has a unique sound all its own. Where the f-18s are gratingly loud even at a distance the F-22 can be described as a smooth vrwooshing sound that is indentifiable at some distance.

I am near purchase of digital camera and I will try to post some pictures in the future.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Very nice. About how many times a month do you see the Raptor? I wish we had a Lockheed-Martin plant around here. But I do spot the occasional AH-64, F-16, and, rarely, B-2 out of Whiteman AFB.

Nik

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 07:28 AM
link   
You lucky #s, I get to see an F/A-18A once a year. My country has 74 of them in service stationed in the outback, getting to see a B-2 is something I wont see for a long time. I've still never seen an F-14.
I some times wished I lived in America.

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 07:39 AM
link   
NIk, its not worth living in the states, just to see some aircrafts. Our rules are changeing here. Kids cant be kids. People cant be people. The contral That is being put opon people in the states is out of contral. Stay an aussi, much safer

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheConservative
Very nice. About how many times a month do you see the Raptor? I wish we had a Lockheed-Martin plant around here. But I do spot the occasional AH-64, F-16, and, rarely, B-2 out of Whiteman AFB.

Usually once or twice a month on seeing the Raptor but I'm sure it flies more often - I'm just not outside all the time. I see the F-18s almost everyday and when they are doing carrier landing qualifications, touch and goe's can last several days.

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra
NIk, its not worth living in the states, just to see some aircrafts. Our rules are changeing here. Kids cant be kids. People cant be people. The contral That is being put opon people in the states is out of contral. Stay an aussi, much safer

Do you have a right to own privately held firearms ?

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 08:36 AM
link   
well I live in the city of chicago, so no, you can no own a firearm in the city limits. I dont Know how it can be legal, but bring a gun, one way ticket to jail.

Nik

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I know exactly how you feel, its getting worse each day like that here aswell... You now get a $50 fine each time you beep the horne inapproprialty... That is an example of our stupid laws.

I wouldnt move country to see jets man!

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Now that is some Grade A BullCrap, 50 bucks for a car horn. LMFAO... Anything to may the city, or goverment some more ends.

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Well the F22's are out and about this morning. They have really stepped up the flight testing. The program is running behind and over budget. I think we have about 8 here at Edwards all doing different test profiles. I know they sure rumble the valley when they use the supersonic cooridors.

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix

Originally posted by TheConservative

Usually once or twice a month on seeing the Raptor but I'm sure it flies more often - I'm just not outside all the time. I see the F-18s almost everyday and when they are doing carrier landing qualifications, touch and goe's can last several days.

That'd be a truly amazing sight to get to see the Raptor fly even once a month.

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I was vacationing in Perdido Florida recently and saw an F-22 flying along the coast almost every weekday, just after sunrise. It's near Pensacola so I guessed it was flying out of Eglin AFB. There are a few online articles that say Eglin got one of them for extreme environmet testing in 2002, but it seems to be in the air regularly these days.

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 08:49 PM
link   
how can u c a f/a-18 as a chase plane?
the f/a-22 is an air foce plane and the f/a-18 is a navy craft, so i think u messed the some up.
I live in va beach, usa so i get to c f/a-18's, f-14, c-130, p-3, e2c aircraft all the time. langely afb which is getting the first operational f/a-22's is a hour drive away so i cant wait to get my camera and post pics on the internet.

posted on Feb, 1 2004 @ 02:50 AM
link   
I see B17's and B29's all the time. I used to see an occasional HE111 until it crashed.

posted on Feb, 1 2004 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
I see B17's and B29's all the time. I used to see an occasional HE111 until it crashed.

Are you seeing FIFI(B-29) out of Midland Tx.I am sorry to hear the HE-111 crashed - I saw that one at the Cavanauogh flight museum in Addison Tx. about 1995 during a fly in.

posted on Feb, 1 2004 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Well there is a marine version of the f-18

posted on Feb, 1 2004 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by roniii259
how can u c a f/a-18 as a chase plane?
the f/a-22 is an air foce plane and the f/a-18 is a navy craft, so i think u messed the some up.
I live in va beach, usa so i get to c f/a-18's, f-14, c-130, p-3, e2c aircraft all the time. langely afb which is getting the first operational f/a-22's is a hour drive away so i cant wait to get my camera and post pics on the internet.

Roniii, Dobbins is a naval reserve air station that shares airfield with Lockheed. It is usually an F-16 that is used as chase plane for F-22 test flights - I assume the F-16 is owned or leased back by Lockheed. Lockheed also does maintenance work on C-5s at Dobbins as well as building C-130J transports.

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by huskers
Well the F22's are out and about this morning. They have really stepped up the flight testing. The program is running behind and over budget. I think we have about 8 here at Edwards all doing different test profiles. I know they sure rumble the valley when they use the supersonic cooridors.

HA funny. the raptor is no longer in the testing stage, it came into operation this year, its y there are so many of them in the air. Its in full operation mode now! 631(VERY ROUGH ESTIMATE). thats how many there are in our fleet of aircraft. Almost invincible.

[Edited on 17-2-2004 by ShatteredSkies]

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix

Originally posted by groingrinder

Are you seeing FIFI(B-29) out of Midland Tx.I am sorry to hear the HE-111 crashed - I saw that one at the Cavanauogh flight museum in Addison Tx. about 1995 during a fly in.

Yes, I believe that FIFI is the only B29 flying now.

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 02:56 PM
link   
oh sryy i didnt mean to sound flaming if i did. u ever c any jsf's or f-117's

ps lockheed makes the f-16

<<   2 >>

join