It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Incident Map: Where Are The Terrorists?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Check this out, I just came across this.

www.globalincidentmap.com...

I don't have much to say, but wow.

Might as well be aware by using this site

[edit on 20-9-2007 by TheoOne]

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Taht's enough to raise the hair on the back of your neck
good thing I'm too poor to do much traveling.
The listing were moveing along the stock exchange. Frankly if we get hit again I'm blaming this administration- even once they are out of office.Which they probably try to suspend the election because they'll have use so caught up in the middle East - they'll "stay on an see it through', for National Security mission continuity or just cause they're great guys who always want to 'see it through'. why don't i feel like these two will ever go away?

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by TheoOne

That is weak. Every incident in America has been a false alarm. The majority of the rest are all in war zones. I think the only real threat America faces is the percieved threat that keeps being jammed down our throats to justify thois whole war thing.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I too am sceptical. I do not know about the States but the UK and Australia are forever arresting people on terrorist related charges, this is widely reported in ways prejudicial to the accused and then the charges are quietly dropped with no attendant news flash.

The US, of course, has the luxury of much more draconian laws on these things so, same model - People arrested, big news flash, they then disappear into the new and improved justice system (probably Gitmo) and, if they are lucky, get released with no fanfare of innocence. If they are unlucky they can probably languish inside without any kind of protection for their rights.

Give it up - there are terrorists out there but most of them are cheesed off people living in the middle of the day-to-day conflict armed with small arms and improvised explosives. They are not capable of jetting off across the world in search of the death of Joe and Jeanette Blow of Omaha, they stick to taking it out on who ever is close enough that represents what they are cheesed off about. These terrorists are just as likely to be considered by some as 'freedom fighters' - it all depends on your perspective really.

I remember hearing once about terrorists who attacked shipping and destroyed a quantity of premium imported product, maybe it was tea. This sparked a long insurgency followed by a war involving several world powers. That was an authentic terrorist attack in the US.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Somebody emailed me a link to this Global Incident Map (link in op) and I thought, "Hey, there's a thread". So did a search and lo and behold there already is one.

This is pretty awesome, at least I think so. It's well worth a look, and I've bookmarked it.

Oh yeah, and flagged the thread.

new topics

top topics

join