It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mammoth waste will accelerate global warming!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Hello all

Found some curious news realted to global warming.
Seriously this is the biggest disaster in recorded times if they got the numbers right.

Keep in mind all the BS that our goverments or Mr. Gore were trying to feed us the guilt that global warming is due to us.
The point of no return has been reach in my opinion again if the numbers are right.
Man made CO2 is on a global level is neglectable.

For example:
U.S. government statistics show mankind emits about 7 billion tonnes of carbon a year.

"Permafrost areas hold 500 billion tonnes of carbon, which can fast turn into greenhouse gases," Zimov said.

DUVANNY YAR, Russia - Sergei Zimov bends down, picks up a handful of syrupy mud and holds it up to his nose. It smells like a cow pat, but he knows better.
“It smells like mammoth dung,” he says.
This is more than just another symptom of global warming.
For millennia, layers of animal waste and other organic matter left behind by the creatures that used to roam the Arctic tundra have been sealed inside the frozen permafrost. Now climate change is thawing the permafrost and lifting this prehistoric ooze from suspended animation.
But Zimov, a scientist who for almost 30 years has studied climate change in Russia’s Arctic, believes that as this organic matter becomes exposed to the air it will accelerate global warming faster than even some of the most pessimistic forecasts.

Here is a video from dutch source:
Click here for the video!

SOURCE

On a side note I think we can now dismiss the theory that sea levels will rise if the icecaps/permafrost melts.
It has been melting for decades now and I haven't seen the sea level rise.
And I can check it like no other I live in the Netherlands and we haven't drown yet.
Also I saw here at ATS that the ESA and Canada have confirmed that the North west passage has been opened after the ice sheets broke.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

Nando out!

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 20-9-2007 by sanctum]

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Good post. A lot of people remain unaware of the amount of carbon trapped beneath the Siberian permafrost.

One thing though: if the temperature didn't rise, the permafrost would remain frozen. So because the temperature went up, the permafrost started melting and released the carbon sequestered within it's chilly grasps.

So how did the temperature rise in the first place?

That one I leave it to you all to decide. My stand on that issue is reflected in my signature.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Hi beachcoma,

I personally think it's caused by the sun/universe.
How exactly I don't know but all planets in our solar system are experiencing big changes in the last 10 years.

Earth's moon is growing an atmosphere
Also, the moon is growing an atmosphere that's made up of a compound Dmitriev refers to as ''Natrium.'' Dmitriev says that, around the moon, there is this 6,000-kilometer-deep layer of Natrium that wasn't there before.

And we're having this kind of change in Earth's atmosphere in the upper levels, where HO gas is forming that wasn't there before; it simply did not exist in the quantity that it does now. It's not related to global warming and it's not related to CFCs or fluorocarbon emissions or any of that stuff. It's just showing up.

Magnetic fields and brightness of the planets are changing. The planets are experiencing sizable changes in their overall brightness. Venus, for example, is showing us marked increases in its overall brightness.

Jupiter has gotten to have such a high energetic charge that there is actually a visible tube of ionizing radiation that's formed between its moon, Io.

You can actually see the luminous energy tube in photographs that have been taken more recently.

And the planets are having a change in their fields. The magnetic fields are becoming stronger.

Jupiter's magnetic field has more than doubled. Uranus's magnetic field is changing. Neptune's magnetic field is increasing. These planets are becoming brighter. Their magnetic field strength is getting higher.

Their atmospheric qualities are changing.

Uranus and Neptune appear to have had recent pole shifts. When the Voyager 2 space probe flew past Uranus and Neptune, the apparent north and south magnetic poles were sizably offset from where the rotational pole was. In one case, it was 50 degrees off, and in the other case the difference was around 40 degrees, both of which are pretty big changes.

The overall changes could essentially be broken down into three categories:

Energy field changes
Luminosity changes
Atmospheric changes

www.2012.com.au...

Nando out!

join