It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A forest on MARS!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 03:14 PM
link   
...this link was on Rense today, looks like legit forests, woods on Mars w/ some close-up photography. Could their conditions sustain pine tree-like growth? There is also evidence of lakes, oceans....

mmmgroup.altervista.org...

[edit on 19-9-2007 by arktkchr]

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   
This is kewl to say the least. And if there's a forest... There might be more than just that. Forests equals water. Water equals...life?

Great find.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 03:40 PM
link   
They Shoot The Blair With Project In A Forest In Mars.

[edit on 19-9-2007 by Drzava]

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

Terms & Conditions

1). Posting: You will not post any material that is knowingly false, misleading, or inaccurate.

[edit on 19-9-2007 by elevatedone]

[edit on 19-9-2007 by elevatedone]

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Some of these really come across as microscopic images. I'm not saying all of them are. The main ones in question for me are the so-called "lakes".

You can see specular light at the edges which indicates a curved gradient. I'd imagine this to be the thin film that water forms at its surface?

EDIT:

Unless this is water that has frozen pretty quickly after being forced up through what seems to be some kind of split in the surface of the landscape.

Ideas?

[edit on 19-9-2007 by Comatose]

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 03:51 PM
link   
There is already a thread with almost the same name and 57 pages started by blue bird.

You can reat it here, and I think it is best to keep posting on that thread instead of starting a new one.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Is it just me or am I the only one whose starting to get pissed off at the continuing coverup by NASA and the rest of our government with regards to these kinds of monumental finds. Just what is going on in our solar system? It's about time they come clean.

I have a sinking feeling that when they do announce ET's or life on Mars, they will still be lying about what it all means. At best any disclosure will be to move towards some kind of one world government.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 04:10 PM
link   
scientist are Baffled if they Can Find Water on Mars or not.

see the continet sized poler ICE caps north and south pole with thousands miles of ICE.

Now im not a scientist but I believe ICE is made from this substance called water.

Maybe I should work for NASA i have a pretty good idea where water is on mars seems there smoking to much crack to find it.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by infamouskiller
see the continet sized poler ICE caps north and south pole with thousands miles of ICE.

Now im not a scientist but I believe ICE is made from this substance called water.

Maybe I should work for NASA i have a pretty good idea where water is on mars seems there smoking to much crack to find it.

Or maybe NASA has said there is water on Mars for the last few DECADES. Before the latest probes scientists did think the caps were carbon dioxide, but that is old, old news, as is proven here. You guys who like to get angry at NASA might want to search what they say before you accuse them of all these misdeeds.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Well actually any gas (as far as I know) can be cooled to the point of becoming a liquid, then into a solid that could be called "ice." "Dry Ice" is a common form of non-water ice.
Dry Ice

The poles are frozen but they may or may not be water.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

considering the other thread is more than a month old (last post) and is in a COMPLETLY DIFFERENT FORUM i would say we stick to this one ..

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 04:51 PM
link   
well if i had to send a prob to mars should i send it to a desert or to a N or S pole hmmm what is more viable hmmmmm.

I must smoke more crack I work for NASA

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Sure, sure...forests on Mars. Only the most studied of all the planets, by thousands of astronomers in several countries. Can't see all these people being on the "payroll" to keep this quiet.

Here is a general rule of thumb regarding "monumental" planet life discoveries on planets that are studied heavily by thousands of scientists (read carefully and let it sink in): at no time will such a monumental discovery be vetted on sites such as c2c, youtube, rense, or any related woo woo site. Such a discovery would be verified through the scientific community and be front page news on every available source, internet, tv, newspaper, etc.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
Here is a general rule of thumb regarding "monumental" planet life discoveries on planets that are studied heavily by thousands of scientists (read carefully and let it sink in): at no time will such a monumental discovery be vetted on sites such as c2c, youtube, rense, or any related woo woo site. Such a discovery would be verified through the scientific community and be front page news on every available source, internet, tv, newspaper, etc.

As much as I would love for the forest to be true I have to agree with the previous poster on that one .. It would be hard to conceal such a enormous discovery . Even if the US managed somehow conceal it from the media , other countries would love to put it out on their fron pages , and russia especially (just to kick nasa and the whole usa in the rear
)

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by infamouskiller
well if i had to send a prob to mars should i send it to a desert or to a N or S pole hmmm what is more viable hmmmmm.

I must smoke more crack I work for NASA

Wow. Well considering that these rovers can barely survive (if they even make it to the surface) in the conditions that they are sent into...the deserts as you put it. I would love to see the rover you design that could withstand the

temperature of the surface at the winter polar caps drop to -225° F, (-143° C)
and the 60mph+ winds. Not to mention the lessened amount of sunlight, sunlight that all rovers that have landed on mars use to power themselves, as you get nearer to the poles. Maybe since you know much more than all the scientist with Masters and PHDs and who have worked in their fields for many years, maybe you should just replace them all.

Temp.
Winds

======================================

As for the photos. They look more like giant coral formations to me. It would also fit into the mico-life that many think once lived on Mars.

[edit on 19/9/07 by Pfeil]

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
Sure, sure...forests on Mars. Only the most studied of all the planets, by thousands of astronomers in several countries. Can't see all these people being on the "payroll" to keep this quiet.

Looks like you take this stuff hook, line, and sinker.
there is no cover up about UFOs either, its all dreamed up right?!

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Unplugged

I have to defend ignore this time (even thou I am as you call it a strong beliver as you can see in most of my post) . One thing is to keep ufo's thats rather elusive on their own and just try to ridicule most of the witness and movies/pics.

Another thing is trying to keep a secret that is stationary and not really that elusive if somebody has the means to watch that spot on mars and verify for himself ..Well not talking cloaking technology on a major scale here .

so in my opinion keeping the flying crafts that tend to avoid contact on their owwn is one thing but keeping a solid "forest" thats not trying to hide itself is another thing

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thill
considering the other thread is more than a month old (last post) and is in a COMPLETLY DIFFERENT FORUM i would say we stick to this one ..
The fact that the last post is a month old is irrelevant because none of the photos from that site are new, but I had forgot that it was on a different forum.

And you do not need to shout, I am not deaf.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

No offence Sir, I just wanted to clearly show the difference because I dont like somebody coming into a thread and trying to be the police as this is reserved for moderators .. (Prolly biased beacause of other forums where this type of behavior is increasing)

EDIT: PS: also I could say that we didnt need the name of the other thread starter put in bold as implying that somebody tries to steal credit from somebody else ..thats why I think those kind of posts should be left to moderators

[edit on 19-9-2007 by Thill]

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Thill

I was not trying to be the thread police, it is that I am too lazy to post all those things I have posted on that thread again in this new one.

And I assumed, apparently erroneously, that you knew that writing in all caps is considered shouting on the Internet, so it should be avoided, like they say on the "General ATS discussion etiquette" thread.

And no, I don't think those are forests.

They look flat, like some ground feature, not as a 3D object.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 07:14 PM
link   
those pictures don't look fake in any way. They look like what they claim to be. I laugh when peple say there couldn't be a cover up of that big of proportions. There's BILLIONS of people in this world. Hundreds of millions in the US. Maybe tens of thousands that work for NASA. Out of that tens of thousands, there are but a handful of people with enough clearance to get things straight from the top. I'd say that handful of people were put in that position of power because they were CHOSEN because of their ability at keeping secrets. This is why NASA is so messed up right now... because they chose their most important employees based on their abilities in secrecy, compartmentalization, and dis-info, and not on the actual integrity of the person involved. I mean, even a third grader at space camp would not choose an alcoholic to drive a billion dollar spacecraft. So...fudging of the facts? cover-up? You betcha, if you got a reputation to uphold.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join