It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something Going on in Midtown Manhattan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I feel bad starting a thread like this, but there seems to be higher than usual police, fire and Ambulance activity near midtown. I also just talked to my friend and he said 5th avenue was shut down at 48th street because of an investigation.

Has anyone heard anything?

I have seen about 14 firetrucks in the area. I work on 6th Avenue and 37th street. The have blocked off 38th Street.

Any clues?

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 03:11 PM
link   
FWIW, I was just out on the Upper West Side and didn't notice anything unusual.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Nothing yet here. I hope its nothing tho. Keep us informed if you hear anything out of the ordinary.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Theres nothing on the news that I can find and I checked News12.com, Newsday and WNBC.

Edit: my guess is that its probably just a fire.

[edit on 19-9-2007 by ChrisF231]

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Yeah, I thought that too. But they are up by me 37th Street - Down by Macy's (34th Street) and up on 48th Street. I am used to lots of activity (it is NYC) but this is unusually busy.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 05:36 PM
link   
To me the scary thing is that a New Yorker doesn't even know the correct name for "6th Avenue" is "Avenue of the Americas." I was a tourist there a while back and that is how I know that.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Sorry all for the concern. It was just a bit strange. All seems to have cleared up.

For the record starviego: I work on 6th AVENUE and it can be called either 6th ave OR Avenue of the Americas. Any New Yorker knows that, but thank you for your concern. And Thank you though for you tourism.

I used 6th Ave because it gives a numerical frame of reference on the grid (6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th Avenue).

[edit on 19-9-2007 by TruthWithin]

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by starviego
To me the scary thing is that a New Yorker doesn't even know the correct name for "6th Avenue" is "Avenue of the Americas." I was a tourist there a while back and that is how I know that.

either that, or typing out "6th" is quicker than "Avenue of the Americas."

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I talked to my mother and asked her, she works at 48th St. + 6th Av, she said she saw nothing unusual either.

top topics

join