It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sopranos VS The Wire

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Ok i am going to make this short, I want to get a little vote thing happening and let people share there opinions on which show is better and why.

The Wire gets my vote, They are both great shows but there is that something extra with The Wire. The character development is the best i have ever experienced, You get to know each character so well and i could not possibly pick a favorite. I also like the way the story unfolds in The Wire, The Sopranos seems to drag on a little at times.

So that is my vote and it is 1-0 with The Wire in front, For now....

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 09:25 AM
link   
aw man, the Wire beats the sopranos hands down, and then laps it a few times.

the sopranos really turned into SOAPranos, and then they got really presumptuous with the scripts and etc. really artsy fartsy like.

the Wire is just amazing, and probably my favorite show next to Dexter.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by scientist
the sopranos really turned into SOAPranos

You could not have said it any better.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 11:14 PM
link   
don't get me wrong i love the sopranos but theres just something about the wire that captivates me in a way the sopranos doesn't

i'll take the wire over sopranos

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 05:11 PM
link   
The Sopranos was always my favorite until The Wire came along. The character development and the writing is beyond great. The episode, season and multi-season arcs are so well devised that I think this might be the best TV show ever. My fiance knows not to even bother me on Sundays when this is on.

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 10:05 AM
link   
i guess i will have to check out the wire. i have never seen it.
since i have not seen the wire i can't say which is best but i have to say i love the soprano's.
it's got a special little place in my cold, dark heart.

my wife and i had just gotten married and moved into our first apartment. we started watching soprano's but it was already a season or two in..

so, we went back and got the past episodes on netflix to catch up and then watched every single episode....it was kind of our sunday night thing to cuddle up on the couch and watch the soprano's.

i'll always love the show for that alone.

new topics

top topics

join