It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

take 40 children...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 02:50 PM
link   
The thought of parents surrendering power over attorney over their children for monetary gain is so morally repugnant that I don't think that I, even I can explain it to those who see no problem with it.

Last of the Jedi and their quaint code I suppose.

Something called fatherhood.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I think that the whole premise of the show is so that we can see that kids can't make a better society so that adults will feel better about themselves. But i feel that they rigged the show so that there's almost no way for the kids to succeed. First of all the kids are too young- they should've gotten high school kids who are old enough to fend for themselves. Secondly they put them in an old western type town, these kids have grown up with electricity and have become dependant on the everyday use of such things. Besides im sure that the whole crew is watching out for the kids and im sure they have doctors on standby.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by stellawayten

I watched the show and it wasn't that bad. and adult does show up to see how things are going. and what the kids are learning is extraordinary. every few days they get to reward the hardworker with 20k. and someone has a choice of leaving if they are too homesick. They gave the first 20k to whom they thought was legitimally the hardest worker, even after that person confronted them about not doing their job.

the kids have made some great decisions. have thwarted fights, figured out how to get all 40 to work together.

they won a game and had the option of a tv or extra toilets(only had 1) adn they smartley opted for the toilets.

many of them are 14/15. so it is not all 8 y.o. running around.

In fact, they seem to be doing better then a lot of the adults i have seen on reality tv.

[edit on 25-9-2007 by nixie_nox]

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Well, those kids are not pumped up full off testosteron like adults are.

They CAN put their ego`s aside more easier then adults because the hormones do not pump around so wildly.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join