It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dual Citizenship within the US Federal Government

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 09:08 AM
link   
The question of dual citizenship in the current US Federal Government IMHO is not givin enough discussion To me this is really a Dual Allegiance situation.

Dual allegiance is incompatible with the moral basis of American constitutional democracy because 1) Dual allegiance challenges our core foundation as a civic nation (built on political loyalty) by promoting an ethnic and racial basis for allegiance and, thus, subverts our "nation of (assimilated) immigrants" ethic; and 2) Dual allegiance violates the core American principle of equality of citizenship.

The Founders, along with Theodore Roosevelt, Woodrow Wilson, Louis Brandeis, Franklin D. Roosevelt, Felix Frankfurter, and Newt Gingrich, among others, have all affirmed that undivided political loyalty to the United States should be an absolute condition for citizenship.

Here here!! Yes this should be absolute!

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I haven't thought about this much, but at the moment it seems to make a lot of sense - that dual citizenship demands dual allegiance, and that dual allegiance is contrary to the sort of nation we are trying to uphold.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Johnmike
I haven't thought about this much, but at the moment it seems to make a lot of sense - that dual citizenship demands dual allegiance, and that dual allegiance is contrary to the sort of nation we are trying to uphold.

Here is a list of some its a older list some have moved to other positions or are gone, the list is from 2003.

Bushes new nominee for Attorney General Michael Bernard Mukasey this I’m not sure if he is both US and Israeli citizenship but it sure making a trend in this administration.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Not suprising at all. Especially when the goal is one world government and the destruction of the American Republic.

Many people dont know that our ver own head of the DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY is a dual Israeli American citizen. Michael Chertoff.

new topics

top topics

join