It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus,Not God's Only Son!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 08:32 AM
link   
This thread is kind've an add on to my other one,God & Jesus,Are They One And The Same?

So i shall start with a comment about that first.
I was looking through the Gospel of Thomas and came across this comment....

15) Jesus said, "When you see one who was not born of woman,
prostrate yourselves on your faces and worship him. That one is
your Father."

Jesus was born of woman was he not?
Its not surprising then that at the first Council of Nicea the Gospel of Thomas was banned from being part of the Holy Scriptures!

Now,to the title of this thread.
We are told that Jesus is God's only begotten son,but this is not so!

Genesis 18:11-17.""11 Now Abraham and Sarah were old and well stricken in age; and it ceased to be with Sarah after the manner of women.

12 Therefore Sarah laughed within herself, saying, After I am waxed old shall I have pleasure, my lord being old also?

13 And the LORD said unto Abraham, Wherefore did Sarah laugh, saying, Shall I of a surety bear a child, which am old?

14 Is any thing too hard for the LORD? At the time appointed I will return unto thee, according to the time of life, and Sarah shall have a son....

17 And the LORD said, Shall I hide from Abraham that thing which I do;""

Genesis 21:1-2.""1 And the LORD visited Sarah as he had said, and the LORD did unto Sarah as he had spoken.

2 For Sarah conceived, and bare Abraham a son in his old age, at the set time of which God had spoken to him.""

1 Samuel.2:21.""21 And the LORD visited Hannah, so that she conceived, and bare three sons and two daughters.""

So,it appears that God had at least 4 more sons and 2 daughters!!

I also cam across this in the Gospel of Mark,something i admit,i had not noticed before.Doesn't really link with the above comments,but i found it curious.

Mark 1:21.""And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.""

But 2 lines later...Mark 1:23.""Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.""

Emmanuel? Why is this name never listed anywhere as being one of Jesus'? Why does it only appear once in the bible when it is the name of such an important person? Is Emmanuel his true name and only after his baptism did he call himself Jesus?

[edit on 18-9-2007 by jakyll]

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Take the time to seek the truth as the truth and you will see the truth. Seek Jesus Christ who is the truth.

Your eyes are playing tricks on you. Read those in context carefully.

Jehovah is Salvation, is GOD with us.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Please keep the discussion in one thread.

www.belowtopsecret.com...

closing this one.

join