It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Goose Creek School Raid- Nothing Found

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 02:54 AM
link   
It's early one morning in 2003 for the students at Stratford High School in Goose Creek, South Carolina, and class is definitely in session. No, not math or english, class is of a different sort this day.

Today, class involves police officers with trained K9 units storming the halls, shouting at you with guns drawn and ready for action. Today, you will be trained in how to obey your masters.

I recently found out about this 2003 occurance in South Carolina. The whole story is here:

portland.indymedia.org

A drug sweep Wednesday morning at a South Carolina school has some parents and students questioning police tactics. Surveillance video from Stratford High School in Goose Creek shows 14 officers, some with guns drawn, ordering students to lie on the ground as police searched for marijuana. Students who didn't comply with the orders quickly enough were reportedly handcuffed. The school's principal defended the dramatic sweep...

And here, from CBS.

Police didn't find any criminals in the armed sweep, but they say K-9 dogs smelled drugs on a dozen backpacks. Goose Creek police and school administrators defend the draconian measures as necessary for crime prevention.

The parents of some students who were subjected to the sweep disagree...

...The paper quoted Lt. Dave Aarons of the Goose Creek Police Department as saying that the suspected drug dealers appeared to be knowledgeable about where the school surveillance cameras were...

..."They know where the cameras are. If they stand directly under them, the camera's don't look directly down,'' Aarons told the paper.

Interesting how the CBS article focuses the tagline of the article on how the surveillance in the school is inadequate.

Here's a video taken in the hallway:

YouTube: Goose Creek Raid

I was quite amazed when I heard about this raid. I really didn't think anything fishy was going on, but then I saw this picture. Seeing the military man there, it immediately raised questions in my mind about the intent of this raid, about what were they really doing there. Police and the military working together on an armed drug raid of a high school?

Was this a black ops operation? Perhaps conditioning of young minds to a hostile police presense and unconstitutional searches?

The students were rewarded in a $1.6 million lawsuit after the ACLU got involved (pdf file)...
an admission of guilt?... payoff?

[edit on 18-9-2007 by Ingolstadt]

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 03:00 AM
link   
This is just savage aggression.
None of this should ever be permitted in any public school
Guns and Dogs are excessive.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by vincebaby

What do you think about the presence of the military man?

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Jeez!
That still capture of the 'military man' is about as creepy as it gets!

What on EARTH is THAT dude doing there? He's fairly medal-ed-up, too--what the...?
Even the way he's standing looks ominous.

The whole thing seemed a bit showboat-esque. They HAD to have known they were gonna be on camera. It was a propaganda move, for someone's benefit, no doubt. Chief was in-line for a new gig up the ladder or something.

They may be cops, but they're not stupid.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by david mogen
The whole thing seemed a bit showboat-esque. They HAD to have known they were gonna be on camera. It was a propaganda move, for someone's benefit, no doubt. Chief was in-line for a new gig up the ladder or something.

They may be cops, but they're not stupid.

I wondered about that as well. They must have known that surveillance cameras would capture the whole incident, including the presence of the military. I don't know whay the would perform this raid as propaganda, as they must have known all it would cause would be outrage.

It's seems like a good way to get yourself fired, not promoted.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I saw a page a while back, but lost the link, of a sequence of photos with the military man. It begins with the photo in the original post, but then shows him running over and sort tackling and restraining a student.

Anyone seen this page before?

The photos seem to come from the surveillance tapes, I was wondering if anyone has seen a link to the full surveillance tape.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 04:41 PM
link   
This paragrapgh does not support or condone the use of any drug but for a fact..cannabis is honestly given to as little as8 year olds in food in the rastafarian culture in jamaica. America's perception is forced by a draconian government mob system on purpose to make us criminals for nothing, whereby the US government maintains a monopoly on the market, as they grow it themselves, but the public is only responsible enough to drink beer and watch football, not an alternative proven by most rational scientists to be less harmful than alchohol. The police in this country are overzealous tax men out to grind an axe where there is none to steal money and product to redistribute in many cases as they have been cought. And what then about the police officers themselves, im sure 3 in 10 at least secretly smoke cannabis. This is what your wealth fence promotes people. Unless you all want you children to be victims of "big lenny's affection's" in prison, you should take this reply seriously enough to vote for a candidate who wants to rationalise the war on drugs, making cannabis what it should be, tolerated.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ingolstadt
I saw a page a while back, but lost the link, of a sequence of photos with the military man. It begins with the photo in the original post, but then shows him running over and sort tackling and restraining a student.

Anyone seen this page before?

The photos seem to come from the surveillance tapes, I was wondering if anyone has seen a link to the full surveillance tape.

im curious, after the report in the news on the pedophile who was a homeland security cop soliciting a 5 year old, I wonder how many of these guys are pervs too. I mean they do know how to pervert justice right?

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 09:59 AM
link   
The picture of the military guy looks like something from a music video by Marilyn Manson or something. Strange stuff indeed. I really wonder why a police matter had involvement from the military anyway.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by John_Q_Llama

I think its the chief of police or another high ranking police official, or maybe the schools ROTC teacher, not real military.
The incident was a circus, just way overzealous country cops. The military was not involved. I'm pretty sure it was the chief of police.

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I don't think it was the chief. Here's the Goose Creek PD website. It seems the chief would be wearing his medalled outfit on his page if he wears it to drug raids.

Oh, I found those frames I talked about in the one post:

[edit on 23-9-2007 by Ingolstadt]

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Frog in boiling water. Perform raids like this enough, make a show of force and military presence repeatedly...eventually people will get used to it. Both the students, and the general public watching the videos.

I think the plan is condition us to the point that we longer react, and think of these sorts of things as normal.

Compliance and non-reaction from the general public will make it much easier to do something big.

new topics

top topics

join