It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man arrested with Ak-47 in Dearborn park

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Seems another 'medical student', such as the guys in SC, was arrested this week for entering a park in camo, face painted black and brandishing an AK-47. Was this a delusion, or an attempted attack that was thwarted?

link to article

However, the most interesting part was this was not released because, and I quote the mayor,

littlegreenfootballs.com...

According to Dearborn Mayor “Jack” O“Reilly, Jr., the release of information about the case was delayed until after Zarkot’s arraignment and late in the day that marked the anniversary of the Sept. 11, 2001 terrorist attacks. City officials feared that announcing the arrest of an armed Arabic man so close to anniversary of the attack would stir anti-Muslim sentiments and fan the flames of terrorism.

”We didn’t want this to become more than it is,“ O’Reilly said. ”There are certain things that the media latches onto, and this would have turned into a story about terrorism. That’s not the kind of tone we want to set.“

His parents, like the ones in FLorida, state he may be having trouble fitting in. Well, he jsut returned from Lebanon, and he hosts a site that is sympathetic to Hezbollah. Praises actions against the West and his last entry, on September 8th, stated he was starting his jihad against the US. Did he get scared? Was he worried he would not kill enough and ran? This is jsut another example of what we do not hear in the
"NEOCON" media as many put it. If this is not a perfect weapon to use for fear mongering, I do not know what is

[edit on 17-9-2007 by esdad71]

[edit on 17-9-2007 by esdad71]

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 08:46 PM
link   
It is interesting that they delayed the report of this incident to well after 9/11.
As you may have heard, Dearborn is an area of metro Detroit that has a very large Middle Eastern population.
The Mayor may have been on to something.
Emotions run high on that day and no extra drama was needed.

I know where that par is, I grew up not far from it.
It's a small neighborhood park, with houses around, or at least it was years ago.
It could have been bad.

Do we know if the gun was loaded?

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Fromn what I gathered, he is charged with 3 felony gun charges, but nothing specific.

join