It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 7 Gates of Hell - York, PA

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I recently ran across an urban legend based in York, Pennsylvania that on a small road out of the town, there are seven gates which represent the Seven Gates of Hell. As you drive/walk through them, paranormal activity increases until you supposedly enter Hell itself. No one has made it past gate #5 though...

The story goes that an asylum had a mass breakout in the mid 30s in which dozens of inmates escaped and mere mysteriously killed in the woods surrounding the building. (Isn't that how every good horror movie starts?) There were seven gates leading to an unknown destination down the road past the place which then became the seven gates to Hell. Recently, though, they had to tear down the asylum because so many people were visiting it and testing the myth... which is apperantly true.

Anyone heard of this, or know anything further?

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   
interesting, I'd want to check that out if there was such a thing

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Sounds like fun!

Where did you hear of this?

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I was on Wiki, just browsing through various urban legends, and saw the title "The Seven Gates of Hell." who wouldn't have clicked?

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Now I will go home and dig up my Weird PA book to verify the wiki info. Maybe I'll go over there this weekend since it is only about 30 miles from my house.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 03:44 AM
link   
No no no... Hell is in Michigan

I've been in York PA, didn't notice any satyrs or demons. *shrug*

The story goes that there was once a mental asylum which had caught fire. The inmates tried to escape through the forest in which the asylum was located. Surrounding the asylum were seven gates which trapped the inmates. Many were killed by the fire or by other inmates. To this day, it is said that no one has made it past the location of the Fifth Gate and returned out of the forest. Source

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 11:00 AM
link   
If they recently had to bring the building down, wouldn't they have had to go though all seven gates? Then the story would not be true, assuming that the made it.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 11:23 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Yeah, I've heard about this, heres a video explaining a little more about the myth..

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 02:45 PM
link   
OMG that would freak me out. Sound like this "myth" might make for a good scary movie though

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by jensouth31

uh huh, yeah. They could make a good movie on this.

I want to go visit that place, until I'm there of course! Then I'll change my mind!

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chiiru
interesting, I'd want to check that out if there was such a thing

hello mis bethy...... lets take a roadie and find out.

:w:

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
If there are 7 gates to hell are tere 7 gates to heaven?

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   
been there done that , no hell, only harley factory in York, PA

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Seems like another myth to tell to people when the asylum was there so that people wouldnt go.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 03:31 AM
link   
I live in York, Pa and have heard this legend all of my life. I live near Trout Run Rd & Range Rd. The 2 roads that are supposed to lead to toad rd. The road that is supposed to lead to the Asylum. But guess what. I'm 37 and have Never found Toad Road. Now the 2 roads I mentioned above are connected. It's just that Trout Run rd is in Spriggestsbury Township & Range rd is in Hellam Township. So I beleive the rd changes names at the Township Line. Someone at work brought up this old lengend again in the breakroom & I thought I'll investigate more. So when the weather gets nice. On a day off I'm going to drive those roads and video tape them & put them on You Tube so people not in the area can see these roads first hand.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
if you do a little more research on this you will find that the hospital never existed.
toad rd is trout rd there is one gate there but it is keep people off of private property.
the place is patrolled by the police it is a 400 dollar ticket for trespassing.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Alright now this is just based upon a friend telling me of these events. Last year around Halloween him and and a couple people went out to check this thing out, in HELLAM TOWN... Close to York. The gates are there, thats for a fact. During the day its nothing but 3 dates, once you pass the middle (RED) gate u just see trees, and within a span of a couple KM's there are a few trees just lying on the ground, that look to be "resemblances of gates" now how a tree can resemble a gate is beyond me. BUT during the night time, its visible!. You must pass the middle gate again, then once that is done you proceed into the woods... now my friend said ONCE he had passed over the FIRST gate... everyone in his group's nose started to bleed. and if that isnt enough to convince one to go back... they got to the second gate (which is only visable during the night) they crossed this gate and everyone started vomiting... (farfetched i know) but that is what his story is. Im hoping to make my way out there this summer, i live only miles from there the outskirts of MD shouldnt take more than 20 minutes. But having a firm belief in Christ i think i will be fine.. i hope.

contact me at www.myspace.com/dmbmx01 if you have any questions about my experience.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
ive been there with my boyfriend its real!! but if the police catch you, you go to jail!!!!! ive only been to gate 2!!! gate one has dog ghosts that chase you around and your hear humans walking.... scary but fun!!!

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by alexbassguy

Wow, Do you know which exact road? because that's the town i live in lol, and it's kind of creepy.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join