It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 7 Gates of Hell - York, PA

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   
my friend died there on 8/24/06.....he made it to the river and talked to molly the ghost...he died right there....i got a message that night of him screaming and molly possesing him or something like that...that was the last time heard him...police never found his body.....and nobody ever saw him again....R.I.P. David 8/24/06...i will never forget u

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by alexbassguy

how much does it cost to go through cause i wanna go up but ain't sure if you have to pay

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   

my friend lives in Hellam and totally believes the story is true. Although she's never been there (and with good reason) she agrees that no-one has passed through gate 5...I guess the story is when you go through the first gate, there are "ghost" guard dogs. Then as you proceed through to the second gate, more paranormal activity occur. Supposedly if you make it through to the last gate, it's a "portal to hell". Now, there are no trespassing signs everywhere and cops patrol the perimeter making sure no-one goes through. Although, I'm not sure why they would do that, no-one should be that stupid as to risk their own life just to see if the rumor is true

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   

The seven gates of hell is on private property now and it is illegal to go on the property...plus some of the gates have fallen but i only made it to the 4th gate and ran away.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
well i can honestly say that i went there last week with my buddies. and we seen some effed up #. no one even wanted to get out of the car. there were copper colored figures standing right where we were supposed to enter. so we backed up and got out of there.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a friend and i made the trek today to try and go see the supposed 7 gates of hell. I must say the hole thing was rather creepy. First(as we were warned before) all the roads around have been changed many times. So even finding the area took us many stops at gas stations to ask for directions to different places to get to it. Then after we actually got there nothing got much better. We found where the gate was supposed to be, and there were many other gates around it. All of which were gray or silver or whatever else you want to call it. But the red gate is actually there. It is covered up by a lot of weeds and over grown everything. It is located in as you are going around a bend and it is off to your left(depending on which way your going). All around the gate there are numerous private property signs and No trespassing signs. Also there are signs saying that if you call the police and let them no that there are people back in that area then you will be rewarded with $100. We found this very creepy and made us believe that something was up with it. So since everything was a very secured area, we decided it may be best to just try to sweet talk the owner of the land into letting us walk around and take pictures saying that it was part of a school project about some of the scariest places in southern PA. As soon as we mentioned the 7 gates of hell she got very protective and saying it was not real. But all with a very feared sound in her voice. She repetively reminded us that if you even parked on the side of the road then you were trespassing and you would be given a 400 dollar fine. You could tell very easily that she feared the idea of going back there and that it was not safe for anyone to explore the area. So since it was heavily guarded and we had obviously not been on the good side of the owner, that it may be better to just leave. I was quite pissed that we could not go back and look around, but i knew that leaving was saving all 3 of us from the heavy fine. So ounce we pulled out and was leaving the area, we noticed a white truck following behind us. The same white truck that was in the driveway of the owner. She was assuring the fact that we were not trying to find a new way to get back into the woods. If you go to the area and talk to the lady you will realize this is no lie. I would love to get back there and find out some of the facts of the area. And i am truly a believer now in the fact that there is some messed up stuff back there. If you get the chance to get in there and check it out please post some stuff up and let me no. The road name is Trout Run Road.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
i have lived in york my whole life... toad road is real, the gates are real, ive been there and so has my mom and a few of my friends. at the first gate, there used to be two huge cement toads on both sides of the gates. There also used to be a smaller house called the blood house that we would stand on the porch, but later it burned down. While we were there, our car would not start. There was a very eerie feeling there so we left and never went back since. So, the gates are real. As for hell being past the 7th one, I have never gotten that far to see it. The woods surrounding it just has a dead silence to it which makes the area very creepy...

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
My name is DJ abbott. I live in York Pa. I my self and some freidns went to this place. We walked very far, theres one gate, then just a trail that leads threw the woods. The story could be true, But on our way back to the spot we parked. We saw some one walking with a light, Coming right towards us. We didnt notice it untill the last second. And then....

Haha thought i was going to say something scary huh? It was a Hellam Township Police officer. Ran our tags of the car and came back looking for us. He Busted all of us for 300 Tresspassing fines. The cop then told me the story has been a bit made up by police department in the past just so kids will go there, And then get towards there quota busting them. Nothing scary about the place, just a #ty walk and a chance at getting in trouble with the law.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I live in York,PA ive been up to the gates...it is very creepy WE just barely got in and we started to hear stuff.Couldnt tell ya if it was real of not cuz we were probably just freaking ourselves out.We made it through the 1st gate almost got to the second heard this loud ass noise ran back to car and left havent been there since and dont wanna go back.Its really scary and even if something there is real i dont wanna mess 1 gate was alive

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
My freind went there and he said he saw things and it started to get really cold and there were dogs barking and a shadow figure started to come after him and he ran back to his car as fast as he could he said "it was the scariest thing i have ever been to."

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
my brother went a few days ago, he got passed the first gate and his cell phone turned off and pretty much did not work. i think him and my sister went. i have yet to find out what happens at each gate so it would be great if some one could post what happens.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by speeddemon

you can go during the day as i have heard and nothing will really happen it will just be creepy

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 08:44 AM
link   

actually the story goes that the asylum had caught fire. the seven gates lead into the asylum; for security reasons that is why there were seven gates. in case someone got past the first then they would be caught amongst the later gates. but, the legend says that the place caught fire one night. due to it's remote location authorities took much longer than they should have to respond. like many loony bins the ward was able to function on its own with a power and water plant of its own much like our now-a-days psych hospitals. with no help coming fast the entire building caught fire and all order was lost. in a desperate attempt to save the inmates they were released to escape to freedom as best they could. and supposedly few of the psychos escapeded into the forest never to be seen again.the gates after the bulding burmning down lead to helll bc of the mass aount of souls taken by the fire. no ine yet knows what astarted the fire.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 08:44 AM
link   

actually the story goes that the asylum had caught fire. the seven gates lead into the asylum; for security reasons that is why there were seven gates. in case someone got past the first then they would be caught amongst the later gates. but, the legend says that the place caught fire one night. due to it's remote location authorities took much longer than they should have to respond. like many loony bins the ward was able to function on its own with a power and water plant of its own much like our now-a-days psych hospitals. with no help coming fast the entire building caught fire and all order was lost. in a desperate attempt to save the inmates they were released to escape to freedom as best they could. and supposedly few of the psychos escapeded into the forest never to be seen again.the gates after the bulding burmning down lead to helll bc of the mass aount of souls taken by the fire. no ine yet knows what astarted the fire.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I have been there many times as i live in York as well... i had a dog chase my car at 3 in the AM... this thing came outa no where and it didnt stop running after my car... a creepy old guy stood at the end of a driveway on the road to with a long stick... scared the crap outa us for sure!!!

use google maps and put in

"Trout Run Rd, York, York, Pennsylvania 17406, United States"

zoom in with the satellite and road labels checked and go north east on trout rd... you will see trout rd go around a field... this the the location... I like going in from range rd as you drive down the entire way untill your at the first turn... then it keeps going down after you go around the field... watch out of a mad dog if you go down there!!!

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join