It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cheney and Scalia's 'Fowl' trip

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Justice Antonin Scalia and Vice President Richard Cheney went on a little duck hunting trip. Now some are calling it foul. As they should. I was raised to believe that not only should public officials and leaders avoid impropriety, but also even the appearance of. That was also the thinking in the Army. If that is the standard by which average Americans conduct ourselves, then why should our leaders in Washington not be held to the same standard? I don't know what Cheney and Scalia talked about out there in the marshes, but considering the pending case out their regarding Cheney and his top secret energy task force, one would think Cheney and Scalia should steer clear of each other until the case is resolved. After all, Scalia will be one of the presiding judges. Does anyone else agree? Or is everyone unconcerned, living their lives on auto pilot? Will we demand the voice of truth and reason to be heard, or will we continue on as a complete Stepford nation? Here's a CNN article on this:

Watchdog groups question Cheney, Scalia hunting trip
Supreme Court justice denies doing anything improper
From Bill Mears
CNN Washington Bureau
Monday, January 19, 2004 Posted: 6:04 PM EST (2304 GMT)
www.cnn.com...

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I'm surprised this didn't get any replies.

Has she stepped down?

What's happening with this?

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 09:57 AM
link   
This court, our highest in the land, is under no auto-correcting process, as are lower courts, regarding the act of recusing judges. The Supremes self-police themselves.
The attack focal point, responsibility & pressure is all on Scalia.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bout Time

The attack focal point, responsibility & pressure is all on Scalia.

and if Scalia cannot or did not honor his judicial responsibilities, he will no longer be a supreme court justice. Scalia, Id hope, is smarter than that.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 10:29 AM
link   
The Cabal's grip is nearly complete. Any sitting Supreme with a conscience would recuse him/herself from this. Even the appearance of conflict of interest should compel that.

I just got excused from sitting on a jury last week because I work with the plaintiff's attorney's wife. I didn't even know her husband was a lawyer! The defense saw the possibility for bias towards the plaintiff, of course. Actually, I probably would've been more biased towards the defense being that I hate frivolous lawsuits. Just thought I'd share that. I gave my co-worker a big thanks for saving me from a boring, drawn-out civil trial.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Here's a great article on all this from Mike Ruppert's From the Wilderness.

Hints as to what was discussed in the secret task force � empanelled immediately after Bush took office in January 2001 � are now on the table. They strongly suggest that inside the NEPDG records lay the deepest, darkest secrets of 9-11. The motive; the apocalyptic truth that would compel such carnage and hairpin the course of human history; the thing that no one ever wanted to know; the thing that makes it utterly believable that the US government could have deliberately facilitated the attacks of September 11th, stands on the brink of full disclosure.

The likelihood that those truths might soon be revealed is serious enough that two weeks ago Dick Cheney found it convenient to go duck hunting with Justice Antonin Scalia who will hear arguments in the case this spring.

www.fromthewilderness.com...

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by John bull 1
I'm surprised this didn't get any replies.

What's happening with this?

It doesn't surprise me, actually. Folks wanna talk about the end of the world in 2004 and little green men, not about what's really going on like the complete subversion of the constitution by our Selected officials. Long live the PLUTOCRACY! It's funny, but instead of trying to figure out and discuss how to go about stopping what could lead to the end of the world as we know it, people just wanna guess when it will happen. Here's the latest - and it really stinks. Scalia most definitely needs to recuse himself. This is the most ethically challenged bunch of "leaders" I have ever seen. And I never thought it could get sleezier than Clinton. But then I forgot, never say never.

Scalia Was Cheney Hunt Trip Guest; Ethics Concern Grows
By David G. Savage and Richard A. Serrano
The Los Angeles Times

Thursday 05 February 2004

PATTERSON, La. � Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia traveled as an official guest of Vice President Dick Cheney on a small government jet that served as Air Force Two when the pair came here last month to hunt ducks.

The revelation cast further doubts about whether Scalia can be an impartial judge in Cheney's upcoming case before the Supreme Court, legal ethics experts said. The hunting trip took place just weeks after the high court agreed to take up Cheney's bid to keep secret the details of his energy policy task force.

truthout.org...

join