It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video File with *.PHP extension.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I saved an high resolution video file of some Borland Delphi Training from:

www.3dbuzz.com...

That Video file has an *.PHP extension.

What kind of Browser will read this?

Can Netscape Navigator (with some plug-in) read these files?

If this is not read by a browser, by what?

Thanks in advance.

P.S.: I have no idea what PHP is, despite my research on Google.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 10:18 PM
link   
any browser should work......try opera or firefox.

Edn

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Which one specifically? the first vtm works fine for me, i assume your clicking the 'Click here to download the high-res version!' button.

The high resolution videos are packed in a rar file so if your getting a .php extension something else is wrong.

edit: btw, if the problem continues post in there forums, there quite helpful, not to mention everyone at 3DBuzz dislike grab and run people.

[edit on 16-9-2007 by Edn]

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Check the filesize of the file you downloaded, if its larger then 10-100KB, it probably IS a compressed archive OR a video file.

To check if its a compressed archive, open the file with Winrar (winrar will check the files headers rather then the file extension and that way detect if its an archive and open it if it is)

To check if its a video file, open the PHP file in VLC Media player, this app also checks file headers rather then file extensions and will like this also detect the format of the file.

They probably use a php script to stream downloads and in some browsers it might result in you getting the php extension to the file instead of the real one.

php is a serverside scripting language that generates the webpages you see on that site.

Since your downloading tutorials on a Delphi site, I would've thought you'd have had that kind of basic computer knowledge though.

top topics

join