It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God: The new weapon against climate change

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 01:35 PM
link   
God: The new weapon against climate change.

On the face of it, trying to get Christians, Jews, Muslims, Hindus and Buddhists to agree on something might seem about as hopeless as herding cats. But that's what was achieved last week on a ship in the Arctic, as religious leaders gathered to make a silent "prayer for the planet".

environment.newscientist.com...

Shall we bow our heads?

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Now I know the planet is doomed.

A study was conducted, in which it was found that heart surgery patients that were prayed for (and knew about it) actually suffered a higher rate of complication than those not prayed for, or who were prayed for and did not know it.

Hopefully Gaia wasn't listening on that day.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by MajorMalfunction

Interesting link. Maybe the people who knew they were being prayed for were thinking too much about God and mortality. Negative placebo? At any rate, there's too many variables. Beside, from the article:

Science, he said, "is not designed to study the supernatural.''

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 02:01 PM
link   
HI,
I figure mother earth will make the decisions.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by MajorMalfunction

Because we all know that one study determines the ultimate truth in spirituality and the higher being.

In all seriousness though, you might enjoy your daily scouring of religious topics in order to subjegate those whose ideals aren't correctly aligned with yours, but it really goes against what this site is all about - which is truth seeking. I'm pretty sure it isn't, personal vendetta seeking.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Actually, I think God will most likely let human kind suffer the consequences of what we have done to this planet.

Overpopulation, deforestation, pollution...all of which are the result of greed, materialism, and carelessness. And none of which are condoned by any religion or spiritual practice.

I think you can expect a very painful apocalypse...regardless of who is praying for the planet.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajorMalfunction
Now I know the planet is doomed.

A study was conducted, in which it was found that heart surgery patients that were prayed for (and knew about it) actually suffered a higher rate of complication than those not prayed for, or who were prayed for and did not know it.

Hopefully Gaia wasn't listening on that day.

wow that is fascinating

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by metro

Yeah, or maybe a true double blind study, done under laboratory conditions by actual scientists proves that prayer is bogus.

Believe what you want, but ad hominem attacks against me for stating an interesting piece of information and my opinion on the subject isn't in the spirit of ATS at all.

top topics

join