It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(MSSS) SHC part 2 - Black dog

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 04:22 AM
link   
This story carries on from SHC... have fun!

"You would like another drink, Herr Love?" Meridian licked his lips and nodded his head.

"I believe I might, Semen." Clicking his fingers at a passing waiter, Meridian ordered another bottle to be brought.

"No water. No ice or - abomination! - Ginger ale! Let me drink it as those blenders intended. Ah! How it warms my throat!"

"Though not as warm as Herr Richards, though?"

"Indeed! Indeed! How wonderful that moment was! Daytime, live television. How will the sceptics explain this away? Eh? Answer me that, Semen. How will they explain away the evidence?"

"Zat is a tricky question, Herr Love. I witnessed the human body's ability to light itself. How he flamed." Seimen lowered his gaze and played with his empty tumbler.

"Indeed! How he flamed! How he burnt! And Judy..."

"Ja?"

"How she tried to save her Romeo! How romantic, how noble! How she gushed!"

"Ja. Ja. I was most impressed with her, how you say, gushing, too, and the �capacity�...."

"...of her bladder? Truly five pints at least. Alas, to no avail, I�m afraid. Excepting, of course, the wonderful sight of Judy�s golden shower� I have asked for a video of that!!"

"Nein! The capacity to care for her one true love, Herr Love!"

"Oh! Quite so.... Indeed. Semen?"

"Ja?"

"Tell me about your self."

"You want me to tell you about myself?"

"Indeed, Semen. Tell all." As he said this, Meridian poured himself a large tumbler of Bushmills. He looked at Semen and offered the bottle. Meridian was a very generous host, if someone else was paying. The German shook his head, his blond hair catching the light.

"For me, no thank you. I have had a skinful, as you say."

"A skinful. Quite. How droll. Your life, Semen, explain your life to me. Your experiences...."

"Ja?"

"You must have had some weird experiences?"

"Ja. You might like to buy my book."

"Your book?"

"Yes. The German book. As good as your Irish book, though different, isn't it?"

"Of course. Semen?"

"Ja?"

"You rubbished my book. Described it as 'Piffle-waffle', if I remember correctly?"

"Indeed, mein friend. For this I am sorry."

"No matter, Semen. Don't distress yourself, dear chap. Have another drink, dear boy."

"Nein danke. For Irish spirits makes me melancholic."

"Really? Semen that makes me sad. For me, I must drink again. This will cheer me. For I, Meridian Love, am not melancholic but merely alcoholic!"

Out of the shadows, as Meridian helped himself to another large tumbler of whisky, there was a perceptible movement. A large black dog stood there. Black, huge, wild, with it's red eyes watching Meridian and Siemens every movement. Meridian looked at the beast and slowly pointed. Shaking, he cried

"Semen, semen, the Hound has come for us!"

"Hund?"

"Yes, damn it. The Black Beast is here with us. Feel its breath on your face. Hear its terrible howl!"

As Meridian said this, the beast threw back its head and howled loudly, the noise echoing around the room, making the light fittings shake violently.

Semen stood up.

�Semen, this is the archetypal beast, the death-hound of Arthur Conan Doyle's "The Hound of the Baskervilles". I, Meridian Love, know this to be true Semen!! I wrote about such in my book � the Irish book!!�

"Fear not, my old chum. I have fought with lions, crocodiles and water buffalo � even bears! - with my bare hands: a mere dog is no threat to me."

"Semen?"

"Ja?"

"This is, I fear, no ordinary mongrel, no street mutt, no pet puppy that curls up on one's lap. For this is the Hound, the Black Dog. The portent of evil. In Ireland, which I extensively researched in the Irish book, it is called the Pooka. I have demonstrated that in the Quantock Hills of Somerset the black dog was frequently seen and called the 'Gurt Dog'. Other names given in old English folklore include Barguest, Black Shag, Padfoot or Hooter. AH!! A black shag and Hooters!! Ah! The memories, Semen, the memories....!!�

"Tish-tosh and piffle-waffle, Herr Love. This is just a hungry hund!! Let me demonstrate!"

With this, Psips reached for a piece of steak that Meridian had discarded, finding it too tough for his liking and, what�s more, his dentures. Holding the gristly piece of meat carefully between his fingers, he edged slowly but inextricably towards the Hound.

The huge beast stopped its baying momentarily and watched Siemens approach cautiously. Eyes red and flaring as hot coals, the beast�s lips curled up, exposing row upon row of sharp, jagged fangs. Saliva pooled from its mouth, as a low growl of warning uttered from its throat.

Unabashed, Psips turned to Meridian, smiling brightly.

"This dog is a good dog, my friend. This dog is a very good dog. Here Poochie, here hund. Come to Psips, little Pooka! There�s good Hooters!"

�Where are good hooters? Ah, I see, I see, Semen!� Meridian nodded slowly, whilst backing away into the doorway.

"I will transfix this dog with my stare alone. My will is stronger than this dog's will. Watch and learn, Herr Love, mein chum. See how I control the animal through fear, stronger will, animal magnetism - and food!"

"Indeed, Semen, I am most impressed." Slipping quietly further into the doorway, whilst holding the Bushmills near empty bottle, Meridian slowly found the door and prepared to slam it shut.

As the echo of the door reverberated around the hallway, sounds of �Nein, nein, my doggy chum!! Black shag!! Hooters!! Down, I say!!�, accompanied by a sound like that of a thousand howls, gnashes and the gnawing of sharp doggy teeth, was closely followed by a long, staccato German scream. "Nnnneeeeeeiiiiinnnn!"

�Time for a little drink, me thinks!!� thought Meridian, as he sauntered, whistling, towards the bar.

Would anybody like anymore of this please?

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I love it Genya, keep it coming.

I am intrigued by this Meridian character, strange happenings seem to accompany him.

btw, I also like the humor you seem to instill in the story without making it too funny..you know what I mean right?

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
I love it Genya, keep it coming.

I am intrigued by this Meridian character, strange happenings seem to accompany him.

btw, I also like the humor you seem to instill in the story without making it too funny..you know what I mean right?

Thanx WW!!

I'll write more about Meridian later I expect - suffice to say he's a bit of a theatrical "lovey" who has an interest in the paranormal, hence the "Irish" book (which may, or may not) be described later!!

Thanx for the comments about my humour as well WW: well, it's a pretty "dark" world at times, isn't it, and a bit of "tongue in cheek" laughter might just lift the gloom??

Thanx again WW - *still* loving your story, my friend!!

(And Meridian would say "What a fine pair of hooters" on your avatar too!!

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 09:07 AM
link   
rolf

thank you

but I owe my perky hooters to the great almighty wizard Zeddicus, without his magic, they would still be flopping all over the place.

just kidding, sorry I didn't mean to leave that horrible image of floppy hooters with you for the rest of the day.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 09:25 AM
link   

but I owe my perky hooters to the great almighty wizard Zeddicus, without his magic, they would still be flopping all over the place.

just kidding, sorry I didn't mean to leave that horrible image of floppy hooters with you for the rest of the day.

Magic *indeed*!!
The image is, even now, descending into another dimension WW

Back later with more Meridian!! "Pass my quill, fetch me parchment!!"

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 02:25 PM
link   
keep them coming, genya. good stories. been in a bugger of a mood all day - they've helped cheer me up and I thank you for that

regards
flc

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by funlovincriminal
been in a bugger of a mood all day - they've helped cheer me up and I thank you for that

regards
flc

I appreciate the sentiments flc - I'll bash on with a bit more of Mr Love - I kind of like him myself - a bit of a anti-hero - but isn't that simply fine??!!
"Forward, my caravan!!"

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 02:36 PM
link   

rolf

thank you

LMAO!!!

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Hi Zedd!!

I just "revisited" the Short Story boards and noticed your new Avatar - and caption!! Now *that's* hilarious!!

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 05:45 PM
link   
oh no!!! not the man with the stapler fixation!!!!
quick call the fellowship, the wizard must be in danger!!!

genya
good spotting, that is pretty funny now

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Hahaha...well, that all came about in the thread to Springer (where I made some fun Office Space quotes)and a discussion with SkepticOverlord about The Big Lebowski.

I noticed the next day he had a new avatar so I had to join suit.

join