It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alan Greenspan claims Iraq war was really for oil

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 09:37 PM
link   

AMERICA’s elder statesman of finance, Alan Greenspan, has shaken the White House by declaring that the prime motive for the war in Iraq was oil.

In his long-awaited memoir, to be published tomorrow, Greenspan, a Republican whose 18-year tenure as head of the US Federal Reserve was widely admired, will also deliver a stinging critique of President George W Bush’s economic policies.

However, it is his view on the motive for the 2003 Iraq invasion that is likely to provoke the most controversy. “I am saddened that it is politically inconvenient to acknowledge what everyone knows: the Iraq war is largely about oil,” he says

Wow, I wonder why it took him so long to say it.
DocMoreau

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by DocMoreau

DocMoreau

don't believe it for a minute it's not about oil. its about nuclear war. if somebody as "high up" as greenspan is saying it, you know it's a lie.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I agree with him too, see Bush is in such in a hurry to give its corporate bodies and profiteers what they want that is going around the Iraqi government to make contracts for the benefit of his oil friends.

I made this thread earlier of what is going with the oil and Bush links to it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Very nice thread Marg. The two points are very connected. I guess this is part of Greenspan's forthcoming autobiography. Who ever is the publisher of his book has impeccable timing, don't you think?

DocMoreau

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Hey, you can not blame him for trying to make a buck while he can, after all it seems that everybody else in the ruling elites are making a killing.

You are right the news about the contracts with the Kurds and the release of the book are very timely.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Very nice thread Marg. The two points are very connected. I guess this is part of Greenspan's forthcoming autobiography. Who ever is the publisher of his book has impeccable timing, don't you think?
DocMoreau

ya, they are always profiting from their lies.

didn't the U.S. basically have control of the oil in the region even before the Iraq war?

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jimjamjerry

After Gulf War '1991' I believe it was mostly the French who had Iraqi oil. I might be wrong. Before that, I think it was the US and British.

One has to remember that the Bristish just drew lines in the sand when they created Iraq. No respect to tribal or cultural differences between factions then. And it is biting the US now...

DocMoreau

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by DocMoreau

Let's see, he stepped down as Chairman of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve in 2006. In effect he cut his ties with the Feds by doing so. This way he can have his say without worrying about his job.

Good find by the way.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 10:08 PM
link   
WOW! This is the man from inside the NWO or Federal Researve. The banker has spilled the beans but then again most of us with common sense knew this war was about resources. It was planned long before 9/11. I'm shocked at the honesty here.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by cloakndagger
WOW! This is the man from inside the NWO or Federal Researve. The banker has spilled the beans but then again most of us with common sense knew this war was about resources. It was planned long before 9/11. I'm shocked at the honesty here.

here's an article supportive of the idea

www.meta-religion.com...

I think there's something else going on besides just oil here. can't put my finger on it, but I'm just not satisfied with the oil reason

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jimjamjerry

I agree... Something bigger than the Oil is simmering.

I am not sure I can get a feel for what it is though.... Maybe Christmas comes early, and Pelosi takes impeachment off the table.

DocMoreau

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimjamjerry

don't believe it for a minute it's not about oil. its about nuclear war. if somebody as "high up" as greenspan is saying it, you know it's a lie.

I agree it's about destroying every last moving creature on the face of the earth. Total and complete global destruction.

[edit on 15-9-2007 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Gee this Alan Greenspan catches on quick huh. He must be a real mover and shaker in the states? Obviously he is taking this position because he knows something is in the offing.

Rat's leaving the sinking ship perhaps...?

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Greenspan is getting old and fragile.

I think, now he's not bonded by any loyalty but his conscious, he -like so many before him- tries to buy a little redemption before he shall meet his Creator.

BTW, It is published by Penguin Press, titled "The Age of Turbulence: Adventures in a New World.''

Here's a couple of links about it.

www.bloomberg.com...

www.bloomberg.com...

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I can only imagine all the information that Greenspan have on the president, been in a position like his that controls so much money or (lack off) in this nation.

He could become a very dangerous liability.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Um yeah okay the war is over oil yet we arent getting any of it? So many say the US went to Iraq for oil and all they have to do is do some research and see that isnt the case. Dont be such idiots.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

The oil in Iraq is not for the benefit of us the consumers of oil, the oil drilling rights and the companies that will be doing the drilling are the ones that will profit very handsomely from it.

You don't even know what the oil grab is all about, do you.

Is about profits for the oil barons, not for you or me or anybody else.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

Ok, so we are all idiots, the guy who ran the Federal Reserve is an idiot... thats it.

Maybe that, or we 'liberated a people who realized that they can sell their oil to the highest bidder, not just the liberator.

DocMoreau

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by DocMoreau

That should be their right, but we all know that our Bush made sure that only American companies, occurs friendly to his administration will have the sole rights to the spoils of war.

Look at the billions that haliburton and subsidiaries are making in Iraq.

Let no forget the more billions of tax payer money going mission since the invasion of that nation.

www.warprofiteers.com...

The New York Federal Reserve Bank made 21 shipments of currency to Iraq totaling $11,981,531,000. All told, the Fed would ship 281 million individual banknotes, in bricks weighing a total of 363 tons.

I bet Greespan knows lot and lots of info because he was serving when many of the money went missing after been delivered from the Fed Bank.

Like I said he is going to become a very dangerous liability.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I think Greenspan's statement is a gross oversimplification. Whether it was motivated by ignorance or cunning or something else, I have no idea. IMO, the invasion was all about opening the market to Western investment - it had little if anything to do with a need for the oil under the ground.

If he had said the war was about oil services I would have agree. It's not just oil services, obviously, there's also construction, security/arms, and a whole lot more. But certainly, the energy lobby had a huge hand in the invasion plans, that's documented.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join