It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A 'positive' NWO ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Here's a question that popped into my mind when I was reading the Christian views of the 'end times'

What if the 'New World Order' was run by someone who had the good of the people at heart, for example, Jesus.

Would you accept it or refuse it out of hand because of the negative connotations ? Obviously the Christians would accept it, but what about those who are not Christians ?

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I was just thinking about that today. if its good, its fine with me but if its bad I'll resist it!

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I would ignore it. No offense to the almighty, but I believe in everyman for himself.

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pisky
Here's a question that popped into my mind when I was reading the Christian views of the 'end times'

What if the 'New World Order' was run by someone who had the good of the people at heart, for example, Jesus.

Would you accept it or refuse it out of hand because of the negative connotations ? Obviously the Christians would accept it, but what about those who are not Christians ?

WOOO! JESUS FOR LEADER OF THE NWO!

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyIvan
[WOOO! JESUS FOR LEADER OF THE NWO!

I'm not a Christian but if there is a NWO, I'd rather Jesus run it than some gob#e like Kissinger, Bush or Blair.

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 09:02 PM
link   
A positive NWO, huh? Well, I guess we can't rule out that possibility. But if Jesus headed it, or one of his supposed modern day apostles (Falwell, Robertson, etc.) headed it I'm sure it wouldn't be positive.

Granted, a lot of positive things have come from men claiming their actions are in the name of Jesus or god or whatever, but the negative are just as numerous.

It's a 50/50 chance of positive or negative really, regardless of who heads the NWO, (If it really exists). Half of us are going to like it and live with it, the other half will loathe and fight it.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 05:52 AM
link   
how can there ever be a postive NWO? someone who has positive thoughts doesnt seek to rule and divy out stuff to people

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Honestly, I figure that we will all enter into an EU/ASEAN style NWO at some point. I figure that the ideals of economic interdependence, shared humanitarian cost and level trade rules would be something that a good majority of the world could get behind. Thereby forming a "Good" NWO.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I think the whole point of the NWO is to come at you as "the good guys" saving you from some big, bad evil...

With a big smile on thier faces:

Then:
By the time you figure out it's Wal-Mart or Bush or Clark (or whatever) you've lost all hope.

[Edited on 21-1-2004 by RANT]

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Your hypothetical comes across to me as a nonsensical cognitive dissonant, illogical paradoxical sort of thing.

It strikes me as akin to asking if God can create a rock too big for Him to move. It's utterly . . . beyond reason.

1. The Bible is clear that the global government which is to arise after Israel is drawn back to the Covenant lands after the dispersion which occurred in 70 AD, that global government will be evil ruled by satan incarnate.

The first and only event of Israel becoming a nation again in a day as specifically predicted in Scripture occurred in 1948.

2. The march of the nwo folks toward that evil world government has been rather rapid the last ~50 years. There is not the slightest hint of any true goodness in all such efforts . . . particularly for the Scripturally aware and spiritually discerning.

3. Christ's government of true peace is to come only after the forces of evil have been thoroughly routed and encapsulated away from God's newly cleansed and unpolluted Creation.

4. There will be a brief period of pseudo peace as a satanic trap for Israel as they swallow the facade that the Anti-Christ is their messiah. But then, after 3.5 years, he begins slaughtering the Israelies even in the court of the rebuilt temple. Nothing wonderful about that.

So, I just have a great problem imagining even hypothetically what you asked.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Actually for you narcissists, sadists, necrophiliacs and paedophiles the NWO will be utterly delightful!.....enjoy!. Oooops forgot they'll be no joy in any of this.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by BO XIAN
Your hypothetical comes across to me as a nonsensical cognitive dissonant, illogical paradoxical sort of thing.

It strikes me as akin to asking if God can create a rock too big for Him to move. It's utterly . . . beyond reason.

...I think there is a momentum toward a one world government, that cannot be stopped. perhaps it is a historical inevitability...
Now, what form that one world government will take, well, who's to say..?

Maybe it's kinda like in that TV show from the 60's..The Man from UNCLE...
...U.N.C.L. E. ( United Network Chief Law Enforcement division) vs.
T.H.R.U.S.H. (Technlogical Hierarchy for the Removal of Undesirables and the
Subjigation of Humanity)
...The (sic) good NWO vs. the bad NWO...

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I guess you could say that there will be an evil NWO, followed by a good one.

God instituted nations. He meant for man to be in nations. Look at Genesis 11--the Tower of Babel. They tried to created a NWO right after the Flood, and God stopped them by confusing their languages.

Not too long after that, the earth was divided (in the days of Peleg). So I believe that at one point there was a super-continent.

Having a "good" NWO flies in the face of what I know about Bible prophecy. It'll be run by the Antichrist. There's good evidence that the spiritual leader of this NWO--the head of the one-world religion--will be the pope--and no fundamentalist, Bible-believing Christians need apply. The only Christianity that will be acceptable is the Vatican's religion--look at the ecumenical movement.

A benevolent NWO is like Satan repenting--it's just not going to happen. Not if man is in charge of it.

Now when Jesus comes back, there will be a brand-new order, in fact, a brand-new earth!

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ranger
I was just thinking about that today. if its good, its fine with me but if its bad I'll resist it!

Wow... did I realy think like that 2 years ago? How my opinions have changed since then...

Ok, here's what I have to say on the subject today:

Even if there was such a thing as a good NWO, which to me would have to be a constitutional republic based on freedom, there would still be the issue of national sovereignty.

I don't like the idea of some foreign politician from the world government having a say on laws in my own country. Any individual country would only have a small voice next to the rest of the world and I wouldn't want politicians from the rest of the world outnumbering the votes from my own country when it comes to making the laws.

[edit on 8-2-2006 by Ranger]

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Anything, labeled positve or negative, which is clouded by religion, has got to be about lies. Now, if Jesus told the truth about life and allowed us to live as we wanted, that would be a different story. I believe in Christ, which technically makes me a Christian, but I do not subscribe to the religion of Christianity. I hope I made that clear.....

top topics

join