It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Website Silenced By Secret Agencies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Anybody have any idea why the watcher files website has been silenced? I've tried to log on, but get no reply.

Looks like this website has been silenced by some secret government agency, for sure!

Link

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Or maybe they forgot to pay the website host too.

Notice the default url...

guarenteedcreditcenter.com

how ironic.

[Edited on 20-1-2004 by smirkley]

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by IMMORTAL
Anybody have any idea why the watcher files website has been silenced? I've tried to log on, but get no reply.

Looks like this website has been silenced by some secret government agency, for sure!

Link

No clue. Maybe you can find what you want by roaming around some of the cached pages. Here is somewhere to start.
Googles cache of main page:
66.102.7.104...:0V1WnopG7iIJ:www.thewatcherfiles.com/+&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 08:05 PM
link   
It actually takes suprisingly little effort from the governtment to slience a website. They simply pass on a email to the hosting provider about the site and their intentions about it, and the hosting provided modifies their AUP (which they often arent required to tell you about) to include something on the site, and *poof* hosting is gone, with all the files missing depending on what the site was hosting.

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 08:10 PM
link   
It says its suspended. Looks like they didn't pay the connection fee.

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by smirkley
Or maybe they forgot to pay the website host too.

Notice the default url...

guarenteedcreditcenter.com

how ironic.

When I try the link, I get an http 404 not found...might have been REMOVED, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. There is no default url like the gauranteedcreditcenter.com.

There is not much info. on googles cached pages, because the links all lead to the http 404 again.

And, there is nothing saying that it was 'suspended'. My guess is that the website had some important information secret agencies didn't want others getting their hands on.

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 09:00 PM
link   
This is the address that ends up in my browser,
after clicking on your link...

guaranteedcreditcenter.com...

Maybe it is my custom browser settings,...but the error document handler is giving me errors, allowing to see this default 404 and url.

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by smirkley
This is the address that ends up in my browser,
after clicking on your link...

guaranteedcreditcenter.com...

Maybe it is my custom browser settings,...but the error document handler is giving me errors, allowing to see this default 404 and url.

does anything show up on your browser with the above link url?

If there isn't, there's gotta be a reason the website was shutdown. I don't mean because of credit problems. This site was very popular with government conspiracies.

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I get a standard 404 from the Apache.

I did a whois on the domain..

apparently a domain marketeer owns it (low end registrar reseller)...

and has owned it since 2002 !!

I am unable to copy the reg info, but do a whois at any name reg site, and the details are there.

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by IMMORTAL

Link
This website is now up and running. I just found out that it was being moved to a new server by the owner.

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 01:58 PM
link   
wow, what a worthelss topic

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ljbako
wow, what a worthelss topic
Well, there was pretty good information in this thread...for example, alternateheaven's post, that was information I did not know about.

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I was able to log right on dude!

top topics

join