It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you accidently make a "magic" ring?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 06:13 AM
link   
I've been practicing ringmaking (jewelry) using "lost wax" centrifugal casting, as a hobby. I haven't made any for a while due to a busy work schedule, but I woke up on July 7 with a strong urge to make a ring. I formed, and polished a wax model, and prepped everything for casting the ring. Everything was ready to cast the ring at 6:45 pm. At this point, I don't understand why, but I intentionally cut my hand a little tiny bit, I put a drop of blood onto the gold, along with a strand of my hair. In my crucible, I brought the ring to it's melting temperature and watched it come together in the mirrorlike ball of molten metal, and then I spit in the gold. It hissed and bounced steamed like crazy, but it did not evaporate! I thought it was rather odd. I was readying to release the trigger on the wound casting arm, and I thought it would be fun to recite the classic "One ring to rule tham all..." phrase of Lord of the rings, something I'm sure every fantasy novel fan and nerd alike has said over every keyring and donut they've ever seen...I wanted to say those words, but when I spoke, something entirely different came out of my mouth. At a near whisper, I spoke "One ring to heed them all, One ring to fault them, One ring to light and shadow call, and by seven sevens halt them.".. At this point I laughed out loud at myself, thinking "perhaps I've been watching Lord of the Rings too much." and I went to cast the ring normally. As I let the swing arm of the casting machine go, I retreated a fair distance to avoind any accidental splatter of molten gold, and my eye glanced the clock. It was EXACTLY 7:07pm
I felt a little eerie yet excited as I thought about what I had said for no real reason, and counted the 7 sevens of this ring. It was July, the seventh month, the seventh day, 7pm, and the seventh minute of the hour of the year 2007. Now I know that is only "five" sevens, but I remembered I had cast the ring out of 14 karat gold.
All in all this sounds like a strange blend of jewelry making, and too much fantasy movie watching. But here is what's odd:

In the weeks following my crafting this ring, I have seen things in my peripheral vision, usually while either driving, or at night when things are still. I see dark creatures "hiding" behind poles or running across the road. They look at me, and I feel at first a feeling of absolute burning hatred & rage directed at me. When I look directly towards the things, moving them from my peripheral vision to my direct sight, this feeling of hatred turns into an almost palpable sense of panic and fear, and the creatures/people/whatever they are take off running away at blinding speed, or dissappear entirely. I am doing nothing out of the ordinary when this happens, usually trying to fall asleep, or driving to work.
Under the same circumstances, and in the same manner, I will see a very small, still glow of light in my peripheral vision, and feel a strong sense of vigilance, almost like a bodyguard is there. When I look at it, it dissipates almost immediately, but I am left feeling stronger & at peace. I have not had both of these experiences at the same time, it is always one or the other.
In the past weeks some weird things have happened I have woken up at night and found a HUGE cockroach crawling on my back. I have found MANY small cockroaches in my truck for no reason. There have been a few Bees that keep landing near my front door and dying, & there is a new cat who keeps coming around my fence, yet taking off as soon as it sees me. Also a dove (which my family raised from a chick and banded before it flew away in June) flew back to my house and has taken up nest in a tree outside my house. It only leaves when I leave, & comes back when I come home. I can't help but wonder if the ring on my finger has something to do with it...
Has anyone had any experience like this? Have I accidently created some kind of magic item? Any insight would be helpful. Thanks!

[edit on 13-9-2007 by seafor]

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 06:21 AM
link   
My guess it that you just made a ring for somebody special...

Interesting post, thanks.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 06:32 AM
link   
my guess would be too many movies but stuff like this doesnt just happen.
Ive been told that putting your blood in to something creates a strong bond to that item. the only thing i can think of for the reason your seeing things is that it has some significance to what you said as it was made...

idk maybe i watch too many movies too lol

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I say, 'It's yer Dream, make it big as you Want'.

Seriously, didn't we all have things of power at some time in life?

A favorite hiking stick? Lucky shoes? Had to wear the same ragged T-shirt to run races in?

Why not a ring. It's completely portable, after all.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I have a magic ring that squirts out ranch dressing on anything I desire.

Peace

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I would say that since you intentionally put your blood into it, spat into it and said some enchantment etc., it wouldn't be considered an accident. But, yes, I believe we can place our energy into things like rings. My BF and I both have the LOTR one ring made of 18k gold. We both wear the same size. I can definately tell when I have put on the wrong ring without even looking at it.

It's the same as having someone make you a sandwich with love as opposed to it being from the restaurant. Doesn't the sandwich made with love always taste better? Even if it's the same kind of sandwich?

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
I have a magic ring that squirts out ranch dressing on anything I desire.

Peace

I MUST have one!

Honestly though…I think it's just a little too much fantasy. Might make an interesting story though…I'd read it.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 12:08 PM
link   
cool you made a unique ring^^u know every item is magical as you wear it and it gives you different amount of luck^^

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 11:22 PM
link   
The old saying goes "Be afraid, be very afraid!!" and you should be. I
know what you have done. I have friends that have done 'this' and I have
done this many times myself.
You did create this ring unintentionally, or at least from a conscious level. Your
subconscious or second attention took control and made the ring through you.
Whether it is the ring or it is your visual ability that has been expanded
>most likely only temporary< is sort of beside the point. You have
achieved the power to see spirits. The ones you are seeing are aware
or sense that you have this power and they view you as a threat. As
such you are indanger, because they will fear you enough to try and harm you
given even half a chance. You hhave seveal options. Strengthen your
protection and wait for the ability to vanish.
>Destroy the ring and disavow the ability to 'see' ***them**.
> or my suggestion. Do a ritual that will conceal your aura from
emanating that you have "MANA" and that you have power to percieve
the spirits. If they feel they are seen they fear you and will attack
when you are least dangerous. If they can sense your awareness of
them then you are no longer a threat.
The ring has a purpose your dark half knows. (dark half: that which is
hidden in mystery and unknown motives) What ever it is
you may wish to play this out and see what purpose D.H. has
in your spiritual evolution into new horizons.
It could be interesting; especially as a jewelry maker and
metal worker.

Have you seen the movie "Shaka Zulu" where there was a medicine man
who made a kind of Excalibur spear for Shaka?
I will not make predictions , but this could be something like a
dramaitc overblown version of your mission in this soul-body form.

LITTLEBEAR

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I have had this happen before. It's not the ring that's doing it. It's your subconscious putting you in a higher awareness because of the ring. The ring has no magick properties. And yes, you do watch too much LOTR.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 04:25 PM
link   
We assign values everyday to things such as letters, numbers etc. Art is a good example and some like to thing that what emotions and thought put in art forever radiate from it. Almost as if it's a capsule of sorts.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I'm a little skeptical about this whole thing, just because... well... who makes solid gold rings as a hobby? Sounds rather expensive. I guess you could melt the gold down and remake them over and over, but still... something about this just sounds very forced and unbelievable.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Yarcofin

Gonna have to agree with yarcofin here, Not saying it isnt possible you did this and that the events you describe are fictious but the whole deal does seem to be rather contrived.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Thanks everyone for your thoughts, I really appreciate it. Yar and Jovi, just for clarification, I don't make just solid gold rings as a hobby really. I have been practicing making different basic ring designs out of silver mostly, pretty much because gold is so horrendously expensive, I keep very little on hand, usually for simple pendants for birthstone gem settings. I would have been the first to admit that I watch too many fantasy movies, and I'd love to say that all this wierd stuff is just a product of a vivid imagination and some martinis, but it's not.
I'm just wondering if this kind of thing has happened to anyone else, and I appreciate all the comments everyone has left.

As an update, other things that have happened since I've made this ring are...well. interesting... I haven't worn the ring for about 4 nights now just to see if anything is different. One thing is My dog Bratt (short for bratwurst, he's a mini-dachsund) who has habitually sleeps at the foot of my bed every night since he was a semi housebroken puppy won't go in my room anymore, except during the daytime.
When I put him on the foot of the bed, he's been jumping off and going to the threshold of the door and just stands there. Two nights this past week I've woken up in a cold sweat, and to Bratt standing at the door and growling in the same way he does when the UPS man is coming down the driveway to deliver a package. I don't feel anything except a little bit cold and clammy. I tell him to be quiet and he does, but won't come in the room with me.
Some nights I have taken to sleeping on my couch in the living room watching tv, and Bratt is right up there on the couch with me, and acting totally normal (for a mini-dachsund anyways, usually scratches himself for about an hour then takes a nap).

Until last week, I've still been noticing these strange creatures and "glowing" things randomly and having the same overwhelming feelings of hatred and fear with some, peace and confidence with others. I and I haven't *seen* anything really, except I've noticed more bees dying at my front door, and the Dove now has a nest with three eggs in it above the front door, and these two new strange cats keep patrolling the perimeter of my yard.

What really startled me is that yesterday, I could have SWORN I left my ring on my nightstand where its been sitting for a while since I haven't been wearing it. I left the house and went to work. After work, I went to my girlfriends home instead of going back to my house, and and she told me that she had found my ring on her kitchen table, and brought it out to me. In all fairness, I was in a rush to go to work, and it's entirely possible that I could have absentmindedly grabbed it off the nightstand, but I never recall feeling it in my pocket, and it was never on my hand. So when she came walking up to me with it, that sent a little chill down my spine, and I'm not sure if I want to continue wearing it or not, but when it's on my hand it just feels like it belongs there.

I know this probably sounds strange, but does this sound familiar to anyone?

Littlebear, would it be possible to interact with the "good" feeling glowing things but maybe just "ignore" the bad ones. I like the ones I see that feel as though they are peaceful. I do not get any impressions of malice from them, rather, it's more like they know I can see them, and they eminate the same feelings of tranquility, but it seems more amplified, and then they just kindof drift off to wherever they were before I saw them. But these other things just ooze absolute hatred towards me, and when they see that I can really SEE them, the reaction of complete fear and terror, and they run away in total trepidation. I still haven't figured that out. But still, I wouldn't mind if this whole seeing things altogether would just fade away. How long does it usually take for something like this to "fade" away??

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
There are tons of magic rings. In the past they didn't go for putting your initials on a ring: after all surely you know your own initials so what purpose does it serve. You can buy many roman rings with protective patterns on them: in fact mostly the cheap ones with no stones or anything, just bronze. I just bought a islamic ring 18th century which is made for protection. I must warn you that they all at the time and many now have a religious element. I must also warn you that they neven ft properly: they must have had thin fingers in the past.

You think you've got problems I now have 2 magic rings which protect neither of which fit. Maybe I should use them as fancy keyrings. Or put them one chain around my neck? Any opinions of this do you think an old ring on a chain on your neck looks ok or a bit sad? Any other possible uses?

Incidently if you really did put your blood or any part of yourself inside it, then from a magic point of view it would be a bad idea to give it to anyone at all: sympathetic magic.
edit on 22-2-2014 by werewolf99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by seafor

I'm not really sure that it's possible for that sequence of events to 'accidentally' go down, and I'm certain that LOTR is a work of complete fiction and not a manual for performing the Black Arts.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Did you happen to watch this in the last few days prior?

ETA: about halfway thru the video I had to put on the movie LOL
edit on 2/22/2014 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

top topics

join