It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top 10 signs the end of America is near

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Oh, we talk... we just don't say what we mean, NOR mean what we say.

Ever heard/seen the George Carlin bit about the term "shell shock"? -- went from "shell shock" to "battle fatigue" to "operational exhaust" to "post-traumatic stress disorder"...

Carlin: And the pain is completely buried under jargon. (see this site for a transcript of the full show -- it's a good one!
)

If I may ask, why did you choose to come here?

In return, you can ask why I choose to leave.

My List:

10.) Knee-jerk emotionally-based nationalistic pride without rational thought

09.) "Profit uber alles!!" -- human beings being used as commodities

08.) Touting (democratic) principles while doing tyrannical and fascist actions

07.) Teaching our young that material goods (fame, riches, power) = happiness

06.) Having our moral character (and health!) determined by our financial status and appearances

05.) Socially shunning those who do not vote (as a form of protest), while turning a blind eye to the fact that 'the people's vote' is over-ruled by the electoral college (closely related to #08)

04.) Demanding cheaper products while complaining about the crappy quality and lack of jobs (because of out-sourcing -- very closely related to #09)

03.) Demanding moral and ethical treatment of people in other countries, while completely turning a blind eye to the people here at home

02.) This "better then you just because" superiority complex that has earned us more enemies than friends because of #10, #09, #08.............

01.) Demanding that religious dogma dictate our actions

00.) Demanding our rights without understanding or enacting the inherent responsibilities that come with those rights.

Oh boy that was depressing... :shk:

I'm gonna go turn on the boob tube, pop some pills I demanded from my doctor (because a commercial told me that I was sick), and drool over products that I don't need, which I'll spend money on I don't have, and I won't even be happy with my purchase when I get it home. Then I'll make myself feel better with fast food and a 40oz while complaining about how fat I'm getting... then note the commercial tells me that between this pill and that machine, I can look like one of those perfect models I see on all the magazines covers! ...because surely those people really look like that!!!

/sarcasm

TooRisky: Was haben Sie gesacht? Ich verstehe Sie nicht...

I take offense to those who refuse to criticize, and refuse to hear criticisms of, their own country and its behavior/actions.

To be able to say/hear criticism is a sign of moral and cultural evolution, as well as societal maturation.

To stifle it under a flag-waving hoo-rah "lead, follow, or get out of the way" mentality will turn (previously rational) humans into (amoral) beasts.

(Edited for clarification
)

[edit on 13-9-2007 by Diseria]

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kr0n0s
reply to post by chickeneater

You really think that Russia has changed that much in a decade or two?
I wont even bother going into Chinas human rights abuses.. tiananmen square ring a bell?
Some people just arent happy unless there is a villain to whine and b1tch about..
Give it 2-4 years and most of you whiny people will have your nose so far up the US's azz you wont know what to do..

I guess when the riot police shot students at kent state were just doing a good American job? I can list hundreds of occurences when oppression and violence were used to silence critics or keep certain races of people subserviant in the good ole USA. Plus dont even get me started on the vile tactics your corporations use to help keep the third world in poverty.

A major reason America is most likely doomed as a nation is because most people accept that things are fine and that they are better off then most others.

Another Reason is the American ability to elect the worst possible candidate for politics with the exception of JFK and then your people did nothing when he was murdered while trying to fix the broken mess.

The fact Bush and Cheney arent in jail for war crimes along with all the other architects of death.

The fact most Americans don't even realize they are a corporate nation that pledges alligance to the CROWN! I thought you won a war for independance?

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I love this thread - thanks chickeneater, it makes me think I am not crazy...okay well... maybe it just makes me know I am not alone. Patriotism is not a magnetic ribbon on your car, its speaking truth to power.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Slickinfinity
The fact most Americans don't even realize they are a corporate nation that pledges alligance to the CROWN! I thought you won a war for independance?

How does the US pledge allegiance to the crown?

I'm not doubting your words, I'm just curious as to how you reached that conclusion.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Thanks kosmicjack,
You know I imigrate here legally over 10 years ago, what's funny is that I escaped my ex-home due to the things that are going on here more and more on USA today.

There is a chinese saying: Those who are born and lives in the lap of comfort will never see the real world.

Meaning, most American's just have NO IDEA what real danger is. Having never lived in a hostile situations, they cry and wail as if their lives are in danger and revolt against the soldiers and policies that protects them. (not to mention winning the war against NAZI and communism)

Ungrateful is the word I would use for most Americans, especially those sympathize with Muslims & OBL & so-called Islamic "feedom-fighters".

Until you have lived with them, amongst them for 20 years like I have, I'd suggest you be careful with supporting Democrats and orgs like Moveon.org.

I love this country to death, but it seems like it's own citizens are beating it to death....

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join