posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 08:24 PM
This is fun! I have my own list!
10) The pervasive belief that health catastrophes caused by environmental pollution are a "left wing myth". Ask the communities in which childhood
cancer rates are astronomically high, or in which the water is so polluted it literally flows from the faucets a deep, luxurious, leathery brown color
just how mythological these conditions are.
9) The inability of citizens in one of the wealthiest and best educated nations on the planet to accept homosexuals.
8) Useless rightwing propaganda machines like Fox News and The Washington Times being taken seriously.
7) The belief that teaching kids in school about the dangers of sexual intercourse without using a condom is somehow encouraging them to have sex,
and the hopelessly naive conviction that if we just pretend sex doesn't exist nobody will have it outside marriage.
6) The insistence of a small but phenomenally loud segment of society that religious fairytales about "Creationism" should be taught alongside, or
in place of, evolution in high school science classes.
5) Whatever the circumstances surrounding the actual attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon, the American Rightwing used these attacks to
justify pushing through their political agenda and drowned out any dissenting voices with chants of "traitor".
4) Any effort to discuss tolerance or oppose bigotry is immediately lost when someone dredges up the strawman of "political correctness" and ten
other people say they heard that in California a teacher was once fired from his school district for being a straight white male and innumerable
people who can barely spell chime in that the only reason they didn't get into college is because of the reverse discrimination of minority
3) Although the notion of providing healthcare to American citizens is immediately labelled "welfare" or "socialism", huge subsidies are added to
the already bulging coffers of oil companies and other favored corporate interests. Guys, I've got news for you. It ain't "laissez faire"
capitalism or rugged individualism when the government is giving money left and right to huge corporate interests.
2) Massive vote fraud occurred in two straight Presidential elections, but nobody particularly cared and the people who did care were immediately
shouted down as whiners and anti-American. I wonder how many of the people who had zero tolerance for complaints from Gore and Kerry about the
egregious vote tampering and electoral fraud that put Bush in the White House are now indignant when they seem the same sorts of tactics being used
against Ron Paul.
1) The Administration falsified data and outright lied to make sure we were ineluctably committed to the Iraqi fiasco. Any efforts to oppose the war
were loudly shouted down as "anti-American" or, better still, "anti-troop". How was it "anti-troop" to be opposed to sending American soldiers
into Iraq under false pretenses, so that they could be used as pawns to solidify the neo-Con base adn advance their business interests? To this day,
the war is talked up by the Moonie owned Washington Times and Fox news, all the while the "Git R Done" crowd whines about the "leftwing media