It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Iraqi defense sums up the Iraq situation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Former Iraqi defense sums up the Iraq situation

abc.net.au

"He was responsible for the training of the Iraqi army for nearly a year, more than a year, and I think the end result shows that we did not have the kind of unified, strong military that we had expected, given the amount of resources that were expended on it," he said.

"I think also, in some ways, he may have been to some extent responsible for allowing huge mismanagement and corruption to take place within the Iraqi defence establishment.

"Now of course he says that he had other things to do; fight terrorists and train the army.

"But I think you have to look at his career in the context of his overall stay in Iraq, rather than this last few months when he basically inherited a surge strategy.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
mpegmedia.abc.net.au

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 08:42 PM
link   
There isnt much I can say Allawi has pretty much said all that needs to be said. I will say that the Iraqi government should have control over its country military even if Iraqi troops fall under the command of US generals.
How was General Petraeus's spouse to prevent corruption from spreading amongst the Iraqi defence establishment ?
It is worth noting any improvements in the security situation isnt connected to political progress.

The audio interview linked to below is also worth listening to. All and all Iraq is a complete disaster on a scale hasn't been seen before now.

abc.net.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 12-9-2007 by xpert11]

new topics

join