It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google founders pay NASA $1.3 million to land at Moffett Airfield

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Google founders pay NASA $1.3 million for access a federal airfield.

sfgate.com

Google Inc.'s founders will carry scientific equipment for NASA on their private Boeing 767 as part of a deal that grants them landing rights at Moffett Federal Airfield, near Mountain View, NASA and local officials said.

The agreement gives Larry Page and Sergey Brin use of the former naval air station, from which civilian aircraft are normally barred, in exchange for allowing the space agency to place instruments on board their planes for research into the Earth's atmosphere and beyond.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit - Headline: Please use the original story headline from your source.

[edit on 9/12/2007 by Gools]

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 05:33 PM
link   
The google complex sits right by the former Moffett naval Airstation which is run by NASA. Onizuka AF base is also so-located there and is the home of the 129 rescue squad (reserve) NASA gets 1.3 billion and the ability to put research items on the Google 767-200 the company maintains there.

We use Moffett for fized wing medical transports as its a low traffic airport. Google seems to be expanding quite a bit and the connection to Mofett is a no brainer. However, given thier cooperation with Chinese censorship etc. I wonder what has happened to thier 'do no evil" pledge? They are starting to become more Microsoft every day.

sfgate.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Not a bit surprised, if fact I figured they already would hav ebeen using it a sa private airstrip, considering they're in cahoots for building massive A.I. and that the main Googleplex HQ is basically next door. CHekc out my AGI sig link.

join