It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia tests vacuum bomb

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 09:46 AM
link   
just saw this on HERE

Quite scary seeing as it leaves no radioactivity, you can blow cities up then move in afterwards.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Right.I just this this story.The russians are calling it"the dad of all bombs"a take-off of U.S's mother of all bombs or M.O.A.B.The russians are saying this bomb is 4 times more powerful than the american version.More fodder for the renewed cold war?

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Xfile

pfft, screw the Russians.. My brother has a new Russian wife and I cant stand her.
Dont they know they are no match for us in a conventional war?
I say conventional because in a NUKE WAR everybody LOSES.

I already read it anyway, the bomb is 1 metric ton lighter than our MOAB
but they claim that it uses a newer, lighter and far more powerful explosive
than has ever been seen.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 10:04 AM
link   
The Thermobaric weapon is not in the same class of explosives as the MOAB is. Thermobarics may be non-nuclear, but in my eyes they're far from conventional.

They're classed as conventional weapons, but work on a different principle than simply packing a whole lot of explosive into one bomb.

The Russians have been deploying thermobarics as far back as the 1960's with MANPAD weapons and airdropped ordances. The United States also deploys their own groupings of thermobarics (Napalm, Fuel Air Explosive, even Flamethrowers of WWII).

Yes the Dad-of-all-bombs (wow that's a mouth full) is most probably 4 times more powerful than the MOAB, but that's the way it is just by the nature of its design. Thermobarics are currently fielded by the US in the war Terror by deploying them into caves and mountains as a very effective anti-personnel and anti-fortification weapon.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Already a thread: Russia Tests "Dad of All Bombs"

*closed*

join