It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shallow people....

page: 1

join
share:
Nex

posted on Dec, 3 2002 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Is shallow the right word? (My english isn't really of the highest level. ) I mean those lame idiots who assume too much, all the time and in every situation! An example; After the summer holidays my school ( I'm 16 so does that make it a high school?) had a party. Just like everyone else i danced quite a lot that night, and there was this one girl whom I danced a bit more together with than the others. Kinda special girl, the way she dresses, the way she eeeh hrrm whatever....She doesn't mix that well with the others in the class, but she seems to have plenty of friends outside of the school though. Reaaaly cute and reaaaaly intelligent and open to discuss things. ( She has told me that she read Platon at an age of 12)Anyways, I danced with her and then we went out to have some fresh air and to be able to communicate without screaming. These kind of girls are rare, and I just didn't care that she was different from others in some ways, I just had a great time dooing this dancing and talking! Next week when I'm in the sauna at my friends place it gets to me that everyone in the class thinks that me and the girl made out that night! I then told my friends the truth; I just had a good time. But no one beliaved me! They just made me sound like I was lying about it and getting embarressed. They are still my friends (can't live without them), but nowadays I've accepted the fact that most people are idiots. If you think that I sound like the biggest pessimist in the world now then let me tell you; I'm not. I have just realised that intelligent and open minded people are rare. I doesn't stop me from having fun and being optimistic...But still, it's kinda irritating when people don't understand you and are'nt ready to have an open discussion about things because they have alredy made up their minds. Please tell me if I'm wrong. Maybe It is just Sweden that is made up entirely of idiots......

[Edited on 3-12-2002 by Nex]

[Edited on 3-12-2002 by Nex]

posted on Dec, 3 2002 @ 04:17 PM
link   
that you let her know you aren't the source of that rumour, and that you wish that it was true.

You can't do anything to change people, that is the media's job. LOL. You live in Sweden, try living in North America, I bet our close minded people population is greater than that of all Scandinavia!

posted on Dec, 3 2002 @ 07:13 PM
link   
It seems to me that you need to focus on what that nice girl thinks and not so much what your 'friends'(in this matter only) think. True they are your friends yet they could be having you on. Anyway, why should it matter to you what they think about you and this girl? You two only know the truth, right? Sweden isn't the only country which has idiots. One last thing, I always look at the GOOD in people until I'm proven wrong. Case in point, I normally kept my car doors unlocked because I live in Michigan and not in California. (In California, they can stop you at gunpoint and demand your car and if you don't give it to them, they might shoot you.) Locking your car in California is a prudent move. And I thought in Michigan you didn't need to. Well in a recent snow storm someone got in my car and took the stereo faceplate. It is basically useless unless you have the stereo to go with it. Now I can't play the radio or play CD's. That was just mean and spiteful. But now I lock the car, and I still think people are generally good(not theives).

posted on Dec, 4 2002 @ 03:47 AM
link   
I leave my car doors unlocked cos its a heap of crap - and if someone is desperate enough to want to steal it, they proabably need it more than me anyway

top topics

join