It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Young Muslims Begin Dangerous Fight For the Right to Abandon Faith

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Young Muslims Begin Dangerous Fight For the Right to Abandon Faith

www.timesonline.co.uk

The Committee for Ex-Muslims promises to campaign for freedom of religion but has already upset the Islamic and political Establishments for stirring tensions among the million-strong Muslim community in the Netherlands.

Ehsan Jami, the committee’s founder, who rejected Islam after the attack on the twin towers in 2001, has become the most talked-about public figure in the Netherlands. He has been forced into hiding after a series of death threats and a recent attack.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Muslims who wish to leave the religion are often kicked out of their family, beaten up, and killed.

Ehsan Jami wishes to change that and make it easier for people of the Muslim religion to leave the religion if they wish.

He is trying to make something that is intolerable to other Muslims, tolerable. I don't think he will EVER convince Muslims to be tolerant if someone wishes to leave the religion.

He is in hiding now, and will probably now, after this press release, have to spend the rest of his life in hiding.

BUT, if nobody stands up to the Muslim community on this, when will it end?

Will all Muslims from here to eternity just have to accept that if they were born into the faith that they can never leave their faith no matter?

www.timesonline.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 11/9/07 by Keyhole]

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Its a shame- When I was in Egypt my friend wanted me to convert to islam. He showed me the koran and I asked if her could read it since I didn't know arabic. He couldn't read it.

Seems like since their old enough to walk they are taught islam. And thats all they know. Its not their fault they are being brain washed.

Now this man is in hiding? When will it end?

I say enough of this.. I refused to convert and now I no longer hear from my friend or his family. I said this before and someone here thinks I'm crazy for being concerned. I can't go back to Egypt because I'm afraid I will be killed.

Is my concerns so crazy? I don't think so.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 02:32 PM
link   
The South Koreans that were kidnapped by the Taliban were actually BEATEN to try to get them to CONVERT to Islam.

Hostages Say They Were Beaten

ANYANG, South Korea -- The 21 South Koreans held hostage by the Taliban in Afghanistan said Wednesday that the insurgents used bayonets and beatings to pressure some of them to convert to Islam but that a few were relatively well-treated.

Now, how do they EXPECT people to respect their religion when they do things like this?

Is Islam the only religion where beatings and murder are:

1) used to intimidate people of their own faith?
2) allowed to try to convert somebody to their faith?
3) allowed if a person leaves the faith?

I don't know of any other religion that condones this sort of behavior.

And if Islam DOESN'T condone this sort of "faith enforcement", why do they allow these people to practice Islam?

AND IF Islam doesn't condone this sort of thing, why don't the "hierarchy" of the faith condemn this sort of behavior when it gets out in the media?

People (who aren't of the Islamic faith) will always have a slightly bad taste in their mouth about this faith as long as these sorts of things are still going on. I would think that the people who practice Islam would rather want people who aren't of their faith to see their religion as the way to God and NOT as the way to a beating or murder.

So why doesn't their Ayatollah (or anybody else who is high in the faith)speak out against these atrocities in the name of their religion?

[edit on 13/9/07 by Keyhole]

top topics

join