It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question for PDA and PDA-Phone (Treo, iPhone) owners

page: 1

join
share:
apc

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I am researching a product idea and need to know what modern, high-end PDAs and PDA-style cellphones are capable of using USB devices. USB Cameras for example.

If so, what device is it, what OS is it running (WinCE, Linux, PalmOS, etc) and do you know if it can do USB2.0?

Thanks in advance.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I really dont know which PDA doesnt use USB, if you have any certain PDA's or PDA-Phones in mind, if you just look at the technical specifications of it (usualy on its website if it has one) it will tell you.

The iPhone for example

www.apple.com...

Mac system requirements
Mac computer with USB 2.0 port
Mac OS X v10.4.10 or later
iTunes 7.3 or later
Windows system requirements
PC with USB 2.0 port
Windows Vista Home Premium, Business, Enterprise, or Ultimate Edition; or Windows XP Home or Professional with Service Pack 2 or later
iTunes 7.3 or later

apc

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I believe what you are referring to is USB connectivity to a host PC.

I'm looking for mobile devices that can use USB peripherals such as cameras, printers, keyboards, etc.

It's supposed to be an expansion of the USB standard called USB On The Go, but I can't find any current retail handhelds that use it.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I don't think I've ever heard of a device that does this out of the box.

I bet that the iPhone could do it, with the right programming. It's running a modified version of Mac OS X, so it's got a full OS under the hood. Apple hasn't really opened it up yet though to external developers.

apc

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Yeah I'm coming to the conclusion that they don't exist. OTG has yet to be implemented by anyone. Lame.

However, the micro-AB connector specification should have been released by now and it meets the requirements for OTG. So I hope they start popping up on the market soon.

top topics

join